PDA

View Full Version : What TV show are you currently watching?

Pike
09-12-2013, 09:47 PM
or Netflixing or whatnot?

Star Trek: The Next Generation reporting in. I've seen a good chunk of the episodes before but I'm pretty sure most, if not all, of the first season is new to me so it's exciting.

Wesley Crusher needs to leave however http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/emot-frogout_zpsd97ad4b9.gif

Spuuky
09-12-2013, 09:53 PM
The X-Files, because it's been a long time.

Calliope
09-12-2013, 09:57 PM
What he said.

Also, I just finished Masterchef, and am watching Project Runway, Dexter and (once it's all finished and I can marathon the whole lot) Breaking Bad.

Del Murder
09-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Buffy, Season 6. This is my first time through. Got to watch it until the end!

Agent Proto
09-12-2013, 10:13 PM
Battlestar Galactica, and Eureka.

Jinx
09-12-2013, 10:28 PM
Denmark and I have been watching The L Word for the last couple of weeks. Season 5 of 6, baby! Last night I asked him what we were going to do with ourselves when we've finished, though. :(

Denmark
09-12-2013, 10:36 PM
WE'LL JUST WATCH MORE SHOWS

i'm rewatching season 4 of The League, too. I thought I hadn't seen it because it was only recently released on Netflix, but I guess I watched it somewhat more illegally last season. :shobon:

also holy crap you can tell a community is nerdy when the majority of you talk about watching scifi shows (not me though :kakapo:)

Scotty_ffgamer
09-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Bob's Burgers!

I actually haven't been watching many shows lately; just movies. Oh, I guess you could count Mystery Science Theater 3000! I have been watching that pretty often lately.

Shiny
09-13-2013, 02:30 AM
I started watching The League a few days ago after seeing one of the comedians on that show at The Comedy Store. I've also been watching Breaking Bad because it's really the only long format show worth watching this season. I am waiting for Shameless (US) to come back and The Walking Dead. I also need to find where I can watch The Wire.

krissy
09-13-2013, 04:07 AM
breaking bad

Miriel
09-13-2013, 05:36 AM
I just binge watched The Americans and Orphan Black. Loved The Americans, great performances all around. Plus, spies!

And Orphan Black surprised me a lot. Amazingly, the lead actress is probably putting out the best performance any female actress is giving on television currently. She's phenomenal.

Shlup
09-13-2013, 06:13 AM
I'm really running out of shows. I just re-watched the latest season of Grey's Anatomy and right now I'm watching Tosh.0. Before that it was the last season and a half of Last Man Standing, which I don't even like.

Shiny
09-13-2013, 07:46 AM
I'm watching Tosh.0.
You really like watching sexist shows.

Shaibana
09-13-2013, 12:56 PM
i have almost finished my 3rd round of The Tudors, god i love that show.
and i am waiting for The Walking Dead that is about to start (in 1-2 months)
and i have just started watching Attack on Titans (anime)

i am planning to watch Awkward.
i have watched it on tv but not yet made any moves on finding it on the internet and actually watch it from the beginning.

I'm watching Tosh.0.
You really like watching sexist shows.

pfff.. i rlly dont like Tosh.0 .... he is sooooooo not funny :l though he thinks he is..
if you want to watch home vid stuff, watch Ridiculousness

Try not to doublepost please :)

Bolivar
09-13-2013, 04:56 PM
I've been watching Suits. A LOT of the law stuff is so wrong but I'm able to get past that and just enjoy it for what it is.

NeoCracker
09-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I've got games up the ass to be playing right now. There is no TV going on here, and rarely is there ever.

Pike
09-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I've got games up the ass to be playing right now. There is no TV going on here, and rarely is there ever.

Pffft that's no excuse I watch one 45 minute episode of TNG every day and that leaves several hours of vidya time!

Hollycat
09-18-2013, 06:06 PM
I can't seem to focus on any one show, I'm bouncing from one to the next because the pilots are all boring me.
My most recent watch was the first episode of Wilfred. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Shauna
09-18-2013, 06:11 PM
I have started watching the new season of Bones. It is still painfully bad but I can't stop. Send help.

Denmark
09-18-2013, 06:28 PM

if you can't simultaneously watch TV shows and play video games you need to step up your game, friend

Slothy
09-18-2013, 07:02 PM
And Orphan Black surprised me a lot. Amazingly, the lead actress is probably putting out the best performance any female actress is giving on television currently. She's phenomenal.

Have to agree. Great show, and she does an excellent job of playing a half dozen completely different characters.

Shaibana
09-18-2013, 07:48 PM
ooh, and now i have started Avatar: the legend of kora :D

Araciel
09-19-2013, 04:20 AM
Orphan Black was okay - it has sadly already gotten boring since revelations have occurred.

Rewatching The Tick (animated).

NeoCracker
09-19-2013, 08:11 AM

if you can't simultaneously watch TV shows and play video games you need to step up your game, friend

Oh, I can do it. I just don't care to, cause chances are the game is vastly more interesting then the TV show. :p

Shlup
09-20-2013, 02:32 AM
Right now I'm catching up on True Blood. It's an absolute last resort, and if this season isn't at least a little decent I don't think I'll be able to stand it anymore.

Jinx
09-24-2013, 02:36 AM
Right now I'm catching up on True Blood. It's an absolute last resort, and if this season isn't at least a little decent I don't think I'll be able to stand it anymore.

In my opinion, as someone who's followed it since the first season, the season that just ended is probably the best season of all. It's , at least for a show like True Blood.

I've been marathoning the crap out of The 4400 the last four days. I only have nine episodes left, and I have no idea what I will be doing with myself when I'm done. I sort of watched it when it was originally broadcast, but I was just a few years shy of really being able to appreciate the phenomenal writing of this show. How it only made four seasons and was cancelled, I really have no idea. It's one of those brilliant shows that just didn't get the attention it deserved. I really hope the series finale doesn't leave too many questions and cliff hangers.

Jess
09-24-2013, 08:14 PM
Last thing I watched was season 5 of True Blood.... It was alright, I suppose.

After watching the third season of Game of Thrones in 3 days I've found it difficult to get into anything else. I want season 4. Right now. :mad2:

I'm hoping Season 3 of The Walking Dead will solve my problems for a few days when it comes out on DVD next week.

Aulayna
09-24-2013, 08:18 PM
I recently started watching Being Erica. It's a very... womany... show. But I have a soft spot for it.

noxious.sunshine
09-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Amish Mafia, Brah.

Rachel vs Guy: Kids Can Cook (it's soooooo cute lolol)

Gossip Girl.

HIMYM

Yeah buddy.

Hollycat
09-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Agents of SHIELD.

It was pretty awesome.

Loony BoB
09-25-2013, 04:44 PM
Danielle and I have been watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, about one episode per day on average over the past couple of months. When I remember to download the episodes, I also watch Suits. That reminds me...

Del Murder
09-25-2013, 04:54 PM
I started watching TNG as well.

Shorty
09-25-2013, 05:12 PM
I'm just about to start Supernatural! :excited:

When it first came out, I thought the premise looked lame. But there are memes and gifs all over my tumblr about it, and tumblr has some pretty great popular fandom groups (Game of Thrones, The Office, Parks and Rec, New Girl, Sherlock, etc) so I decided why the hell not.

Miriel
09-25-2013, 05:18 PM
I tried with Supernatural but I just couldn't get into it. I watch the occasional one-off episodes and enjoy them but couldn't get into the series as a whole. I think it was too scary for me!

Shorty
09-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Really! I wouldn't have thought so! Some of the stuff just looks so cheesy and goofy. I like scary, though, so I am looking forward to it.

Elskidor
09-25-2013, 05:31 PM
I couldn't make it past season 2 of Supernatural. I don't believe in angels, devils or any of that stuff so it came across as silly as the Exorcist for me.

I'm watching Breaking Bad currently, and trying to decide between GoT or Proson Break next.

Miriel
09-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Do you have to believe in the stuff that you watch for entertainment?

Really! I wouldn't have thought so! Some of the stuff just looks so cheesy and goofy. I like scary, though, so I am looking forward to it.

I am the biggest weak sauce of all the weak sauces when it comes to scary stuff, so it doesn't take much with me. They have some campier/funny episodes though and I like those.

Shorty
09-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Okay, awesome! I like a good mix of scary and campy. I will report back what I think of it after the first season.

Do you have to believe in the stuff that you watch for entertainment?

If this were the case, I don't think anyone here would be able to enjoy Game of Thrones. Or Firefly. Or any of the other millions of fictional tv shows.

Shaibana
09-25-2013, 07:13 PM
ooh god.. have to wait 3 more weeks till new season of The Walking Dead.. and a half freaking year till new Game Of Thrones :l

Elskidor
09-25-2013, 07:33 PM
If this were the case, I don't think anyone here would be able to enjoy Game of Thrones.

I've yet to have seen GoT yet, but I've heard it's fantasy in nature. I love fantasy..Final Fantasy, Hobbit, LoTR, Everquest, etc. Those types of shows or movies don't bother me at all. It's something about heaven, hell, demons, holy water, bibles and crosses that begins to annoy me. I can't get into the vampire tales that follow a strict Christian outlook on what is good vs evil and what is considered holy. It just feels too pushy for me as a non believer, and rubs me the wrong way. I like Walking Dead a hell of a lot, but if it begins too delve into religion and making the entire Zombie thing about God's wrath to the sinning world I would probably lose interest in it rather quickly.

Del Murder
09-25-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm fairly certain The Walking Dead will never do that. There may be some characters who think that's true but that will never be the theme of the show.

Shorty
09-25-2013, 08:53 PM
To be fair, I didn't think Dexter would ever go that route, and it did.

Del Murder
09-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Dexter wasn't based on source material that clearly isn't going in that direction, though. That's the only reason I'm so certain. The Walking Dead was never about the zombie apocalypse, it was about how people react and interact in a lawless and dangerous world.

Shorty
09-25-2013, 08:55 PM
Ah, perhaps so.

Shaibana
09-25-2013, 09:02 PM
. I like Walking Dead a hell of a lot, but if it begins too delve into religion and making the entire Zombie thing about God's wrath to the sinning world I would probably lose interest in it rather quickly.

noo noo noooo, you should not see it like that at all. really, just watch and enjoy :3 dont seek a 'higher meening' in it.
im sure The Walking Dead never reaches out to that kind of thing :o