PDA

View Full Version : MST3K

Scotty_ffgamer
09-13-2013, 04:41 AM
Anyone else here a big fan of this show? I've just been getting into it for the first time lately. What are your favorite episodes/moments from this show?

I'll sum up my favorite episode so far with one word: Rowsdower.

Mirage
09-13-2013, 01:53 PM
Never even heard of it.

Laddy
09-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Flex Hardpeck!

Bolivar
09-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Used to watch it all the time with my brother growing up, it was on the scifi channel on weekends. Very awesome show.

I always remembered one that was on a movie that was something like the original of that Ewan McGregor and Scarlet Johansen film the Island... It was creepy. ..

sharkythesharkdogg
09-13-2013, 05:30 PM
Flex Hardpeck!

Nice!

Scotty made this thread in another forum and I basically brought up the exact same bit. So here, you get a video.

RFHlJ2voJHY

Scotty_ffgamer
09-13-2013, 06:51 PM
I've been on a mission to find the funniest episodes of the show just because I could use some funny stuff in life right now. With how often I've seen it brought up, I'm definitely going to have to try to find Mutiny in Space to watch it.

I'll include Riff Trax in the discussion as well if anyone has seen any of those. I've heard the Star Wars Ep. 1 Riff Trax is excellent. As well as the Lord of the Rings one. I've only seen Troll 2, though.

theundeadhero
09-14-2013, 09:16 AM
I haven't seen this show since the 90s but it was always good for a laugh when nothing else was on.

Pike
09-14-2013, 10:45 AM
MST3k: Dark Dungeons (http://humpin.org/mst3kdd/)

BURN THE SATANIC CHECKERBOARD

Foo
09-17-2013, 12:08 AM
I've been on a mission to find the funniest episodes of the show just because I could use some funny stuff in life right now.

If you haven't seen "Manos: The Hands of Fate" yet, it is definitely mandatory MST3K viewing.

Also, I really laughed my ass off during their theatrical Movie.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Science_Theater_3000:_The_Movie)

Definitely worth checking out.

Honorable mentions: Mitchell, I accuse my Parents, Attack of the Giant Leeches, The Creeping Terror

On the rifftrax note, did anyone else get a chance to see Rifftrax live: Starship Troopers? I enjoyed it :D

Scotty_ffgamer
09-17-2013, 02:09 AM
I heard there were some sound issues during Starship Troopers just in that their jokes were often unable to be heard over the sound of the movie. My friends who saw it really enjoyed it though.

I actually just watched Manos, The Movie, and Soultaker this last week. All were pretty great. Honestly, I don't think Manos holds a candle to The Final Sacrifice, but it was pretty good. The Movie was sort of middle of the road for me, but it was cool getting to see more of the ship. Soultaker was a lot of fun.

Foo
09-17-2013, 11:03 PM
I've never seen The Final Sacrifice, I'll have to check that one out!

:hattip:

Manos is just such a bad movie that its legendary. I didn't notice any sound problems with Troopers other than maybe the first 5 minutes or so.

October 24th they're doing "Night of the Living Dead"!!!!

comma
09-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Huge fan. I've watched this since I was a kid. The Final Sacrifice is definitely my favorite. I actually find Manos kind of underwhelming. It's such a slow, sloppy piece of crap that it doesn't make for great commentary, in my opinion. Final Sacrifice achieves a minimum level of filmcraft required to be a sufficient movie, but by no means does it avoid being a terrible movie.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-18-2013, 06:16 AM
I thought Soultaker was really interesting in that the movie itself was almost decent. It had a premise that had some potential, and there was even a scene or two I actually liked. Manos was really underwhelming for me as well just with how much I've heard about it. I enjoyed Torgo (is that his name?) though.

I'm still hoping I can find another movie that can make me laugh about as much as Final Sacrifice. It will be hard, though.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-18-2013, 01:00 PM
I'm telling you. Look out for Future War (http://mst3k.wikia.com/wiki/Future_War). It has time-traveling cyborg dinosaurs. It's tough to beat.

Here you go! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so-vHyYjgZk)

Laddy
09-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Drug dealer nuns, too.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-18-2013, 05:17 PM
I keep thinking I've seen future war... but after skipping around to different scenes in that youtube video, it appears that maybe I've only seen the credits sequence? I don't know why that would be the case, but I remember the credits sequence pretty well and nothing after that. "Aw, look at the cute little credits. Come on up, don't be shy."