PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR 2013 Sprint Cup Chase adds 13th driver

SuperMillionaire
09-14-2013, 07:14 PM
NASCAR adds Jeff Gordon as 13th car in Chase - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/9669892/nascar-adds-jeff-gordon-13th-car-chase)

After a series of controversies last week regarding an intentional spin-out by one member of a racing team in order to get his teammate into the 2013 NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup, NASCAR decided to penalize Michael Waltrip Racing's drivers and throw one of them out of the chase, and then, after that, they added in Jeff Gordon (#24 DuPont Chevrolet) into the chase as the 13th driver in what was supposed to be a 12-driver playoff.

Spuuky
09-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Just out of curiosity, are you an actual forum member or just a random news link aggregator?

I will use this moment as a platform to say that NASCAR is not a "sport" and, separately and unrelatedly, is not in the least bit interesting.

Mirage
09-14-2013, 10:04 PM
It's a motorsport!

Spuuky
09-14-2013, 10:05 PM
It's a motorsport!Sure, and posting at EoFF is an esport.

Mo-Nercy
09-15-2013, 02:32 AM
Only interested in NASCAR if Marcos Ambrose wins. =)

Slothy
09-15-2013, 04:29 AM
It's a motorsport!Sure, and posting at EoFF is an esport.

No, Starcraft is an esport. Come on man! You're 0 for 2 already.

Spuuky
09-15-2013, 05:17 AM
No, Starcraft is an esport. Come on man! You're 0 for 2 already.Sure, Starcraft is another esport. I didn't realize there could be only one.

SuperMillionaire
09-21-2013, 08:02 PM
Only interested in NASCAR if Marcos Ambrose wins. =)

He has won on road courses, but I'd like to see him win on an oval.

noxious.sunshine
09-21-2013, 09:25 PM
-_-;

Racing -is- a sport. My dad used to race sprint cars and would easily sweat off 35 lbs over a series of races ('cuz sprint racing is waaaay different than NASCAR). Back then, power steering hadn't been invented yet, so you had to have some major arm strength to be able to sling the car around the turns the way they do.

It takes being able to strategize on the spot, and being able to control a car at 200+ mph while in a pack of 42 other drivers.. Yeah they have spotters for this reason, but the driver still has to think for himself.

Screw Jeff Gordon. He's an asshole. I can't stand him. Same with Brad Keselowski. He's a douche. & Juan Pablo Montoya is an idiot. I like Earnhardt Jr. XD .. I'm sure there are others, I just can't think of them right no- OH. Greg Biffle is aight. He has boxers (the dogs).. And Dave Blaney 'cuz my dad used to race with him in sprint cars.

On the other hand, I find NASCAR extremely boring for the most part, though I'll watch it if I'm hanging out with my dad. He & my mom watch every race that comes on... Friday night shoot-outs, practices, & qualifying, Saturday afternoon Busch series races, NASCAR truck series... ALL of it. And if one of those aren't on, he'll watch drag racing sometimes. He will -not- watch sprint car races.. World of Outlaws isn't even televised anymore, but even if it were, he wouldn't watch it. He regrets quitting when he did. He had major plans to move up and expand his racing career, but it didn't happen.

But anywho.

Old Manus
09-27-2013, 11:59 AM
NASCAR adds Jeff Gordon as 13th car in Chase - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/9669892/nascar-adds-jeff-gordon-13th-car-chase)

After a series of controversies last week regarding an intentional spin-out by one member of a racing team in order to get his teammate into the 2013 NASCAR Chase for the Sprint Cup, NASCAR decided to penalize Michael Waltrip Racing's drivers and throw one of them out of the chase, and then, after that, they added in Jeff Gordon (#24 DuPont Chevrolet) into the chase as the 13th driver in what was supposed to be a 12-driver playoff.Yeah but what about his armpits

Sephex
09-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Do any of the drivers have tattoos? Do the cars?

Quindiana Jones
09-27-2013, 02:42 PM
You're fucking joking?!

noxious.sunshine
09-28-2013, 09:13 PM
TONY STEWART. that's who they're in love with.

Sadly, he broke his leg in a sprint car accident so he's out for the rest of the season.