PDA

View Full Version : You've been kidnapped.

Agent Proto
09-15-2013, 05:05 AM
I read this article that tells us which finger we should sacrifice if kidnappers were to chop off a finger, and they said that it's best to sacrifice the index finger, even though it's one of the most important fingers, we can still have a strong grasp on objects. Anyway, enough of that, this thread is asking what digit would you sacrifice if you were in such a position? Pick one.

We've got the thumb, index, middle, ring, and pinky.

Edit: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kidnappers-chop-off-one-fingers-124000300.html

Formalhaut
09-15-2013, 11:28 AM
What a cheery topic for me to wake up to in the morning

Erm... I guess the pinky finger. By finger, do we mean the entire finger or just like the tip, of half?

Tigmafuzz
09-15-2013, 12:42 PM
I voted before reading the OP because NARF. Good thing I agree with my choice. I can still play guitar fingerstyle and without my pinky. Plus PC games. Texting. Drawing. bedroom things.

noxious.sunshine
09-15-2013, 01:26 PM
*giggles*

Fingerstyle ..

Jinx
09-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Well, let's break this down:

Thumb--Doing anything without your thumb is a damn struggle. Opposable thumbs are awesome.
Index finger--I point at things a lot and I use touchscreen phones and the touchscreen menu at Wawa.
Middle finger--I use this a lot for driving.
Ring finger--I guess if I get married someday! Although I don't use it much on my right hand, but I write right handed.
Pinky--They're just smurfing awesome?

I guess I'd have to go with the pinky on my left hand.

Agent Proto
09-15-2013, 03:10 PM
I voted before reading the OP because NARF. Good thing I agree with my choice. I can still play guitar fingerstyle and without my pinky. Plus PC games. Texting. Drawing. bedroom things.

You can still use your middle finger for most of those things, granted it'll take some adjustments.

Edit: For you those who haven't read the article I linked, here's a summary of what it's saying.

To summarize: the first finger on the hand you don't use for writing is the least important finger, and the fourth toe on the foot you don't use to kick a soccer ball is probably your least important toe.

yukina
09-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Ring finger because the first 3 are for precision and I need the pinky for full opposition and cupping of the hand. :)).

Jiro
09-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Yeah you can take that ring finger because little do they know but cutting it off allows me to assume my final form.

http://www.windows8cracker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/altair.jpg

noxious.sunshine
09-15-2013, 07:02 PM
None.

cuz that mofo will be dead before he can cut off my fingers.

That's right. I will murder him. I will murder him dead. DEAD I SAY.

Calliope
09-15-2013, 07:06 PM
I need my index finger for reasons. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Rqx9TvtlM)

Dat Matt
09-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Suprisingly enough i was thinking about this in the way home from Edinburgh. I type with my Thumb, INdex, middle and pinky. And play games with the former three. I couldn't decide on a concrete use for my Ring finger in day to day life. Also gets in they way when I drink tea

fire_of_avalon
09-15-2013, 10:04 PM
I'd let my kidnappers know that no one ever would be providing ransom so they can A) let me go and try someone else or B) kill me.

supernaps
09-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Hum, that's a question I hope I'll never get-
Well, I'd direct my supposed kidnappers to proceed to chop off one of my toes instead, and if they'd refuse, yeah I'd go for the pinky one; I'd be sad not to play guitar properly, but other than this, it's a pretty useless finger, lbr.

NorthernChaosGod
09-18-2013, 11:11 PM
I voted left middle, but I think it's a toss up between middle and ring on that hand. I play guitar and I need my index more than those two.

Shiny
09-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Don't be silly. I'm not cute and young enough to kidnap.

Shorty
09-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Ring finger, so I can hold up my cards and look like Franky Fuckin' Four-Fingers.

Flaming Ice
09-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Bah...take what you want I'll become an android and get a bazooka hand anyways.

Psychotic
09-20-2013, 07:21 AM
Get the fuck away from my god damn gaming fingers. I know the thumbs are the star performers but I have bumpers to hit too you know. So long, ring!