PDA

View Full Version : No new FINAL FANTASY XV information at Tokyo Game Show 2013

Aulayna
09-17-2013, 09:54 PM

Testusya Nomura, producer of the much anticipated FINAL FANTASY XV (formerly known as FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII) has gone on record to announce that no new details regarding the upcoming game will be revealed at this years Tokyo Game Show.

Unfortunately it seems Square Enix are failing on their promise that new information would be released regularly following E3. Still very little is known about the game itself so it seems the waiting game will continue.

Tetsuya Nomura will, however, be appearing on Sony Computer Entertainment's Conversations with Creators interview series. It is likely the bulk of the discussion during that interview will be around FINAL FANTASY XV.

Since E3, I had the privilege of talking about Final Fantasy XV for the first time in a while. There won’t be new information at the Tokyo Game Show. I’m sorry, but you can experience a glimpse of Final Fantasy XV in this video. There are various things I cannot yet say, but please look forward to it.

So there we have it, after nearly 6 years the message is still quintessentially Square Enix: Please look forward to it.

[Source: FF-Reunion » Blog Archive » FF15???????????????????????????????? (http://www.ff-reunion.net/nomura_tetsuya/2013/09/17/play_commu_next_ff15_nomura_intervew) ]

Hollycat
09-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Boo.

Elpizo
09-17-2013, 10:03 PM
Onward to a PS5 release we go! :monster:

Jinx
09-17-2013, 10:31 PM
And no one was surprised that day.

Del Murder
09-18-2013, 12:37 AM
All we need now is a an announcement about a countdown to an upcoming announcement regarding future news about what new information will be shared regarding Final Fantasy XV material to be revealed in an upcoming creator interview, which will not have any gameplay footage but will be filled with assurances that a lot of 'great things' are 'happening' regarding 'Final Fantasy XV' that 'cannot be shared at this time' but will be shared at an undetermined date (and please stay tuned for future announcements as to when that date will be announced).

Freya
09-18-2013, 05:46 AM
That image is great. I'm not surprised. For some reason this game has been cursed to being hidden under the blanket of SE.

comma
09-18-2013, 05:51 AM
I've been so patient this whole time. Now, I don't know anymore. How can they say regular updates after E3 and then not even mention it at TGS? What in the hell are they doing?

Hollycat
09-18-2013, 06:06 AM
I've been so patient this whole time. Now, I don't know anymore. How can they say regular updates after E3 and then not even mention it at TGS? What in the hell are they doing?

What the hell does SE ever do? They'll do things whenever they feel like it.

comma
09-19-2013, 04:53 PM
And then we get a trailer (http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/19/4748004/final-fantasy-15-trailer-offers-a-glimpse-at-combat-on-ps4). Immediately.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Of course, a majority of that trailer is stuff that we already saw at E3. I am definitely getting a Kingdom Hearts vibe from what I've seen of the gameplay, which I don't mind.

comma
09-19-2013, 06:01 PM
I think the OP just misunderstood what they meant. No new details is not the same as no new trailer.

DMKA
09-23-2013, 05:00 AM
I think everyone is, or at least should be, used to this by now.

It's wonderful to be beyond disappointing.