PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Donatello
09-21-2013, 04:19 AM
I'm kind of an old timer compared to most of you, but I was big into JRR Tolkein back in the late 60's, and I've always loved Square's offbeat take on high fantasy, even though my mother used to tell me "Japan makes junk."

My children learned to read with these games, and I've always admired the strong Christian message they carry.

May the force be with you...

CimminyCricket
09-24-2013, 12:36 AM
Welcome :c)

Jessweeee♪
09-24-2013, 01:04 AM
Welcome to EoFF :spin:

My children learned to read with these games, and I've always admired the strong Christian message they carry.

Ha ha ha I had a friend whose dad threw all of his Final Fantasy games because he felt they were too satanic. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that :bounce:

Freya
09-24-2013, 02:11 AM
I never thought of them as having a strong christian message. That's new to me. WELCOME THOUGH!

Jinx
09-24-2013, 02:41 AM
lol i thought your name was cos of ninja turtles what do i know bro

Psychotic
09-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Hello! Let's talk Tolkien!

Loony BoB
09-24-2013, 11:19 AM
I adore Tolkien! :D

I'm also very (genuinely) interested in how you see the Christian message protrayed in the games. I'd love to hear more about it! =o

Also, are you named after the turtle, the artist or is it your actual name?

Shorty
09-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Sweet name! Welcome to the forums!

noxious.sunshine
09-24-2013, 07:05 PM
lmao.

My parents are so racist against Japanese folk for the most part. They thought I'd gone completely insane when I was in high school 'cuz I started listening to J-Pop & J-Rock & decided I was going to move to Japan and live in a high-rise apartment somewhere in downtown Tokyo. They also think that sushi and J-Food is gross. XD

And my own daughter luuuurves to do the Chocobo Racing in FF7!

I haven't read Tolkien, tbh.. (they were long & I just couldn't get into them)... C.S. Lewis's "Chronicles of Narnia" is -extremely- Christian though... At least it turns out to be in The Last Battle.

Anywho. Welcome!

Shlup
09-24-2013, 11:10 PM
Yay old timers! When there are no old timers, that makes me the old timer so welcome. xD

Loony BoB
09-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Never mind, it was just Spooniest.