PDA

View Full Version : Next gen games you wont be touching.

Hollycat
09-21-2013, 11:57 PM
We are all excited for the release of next gen, whether we are getting a PS4 or a Xbox 1 or are sticking with our handy dandy pc. But, I'm willing to bet that all of us have already seen some games we wouldn't touch with a 29 and half foot pole.

For me, those games are:

Knack. This game just looks way too cartoony for me. Yes, it's a great way to show off the fact that the PS4 can handle thousands of independently moving objects at a time, but it looks super cartoony without the charm of Rachet and Clank or similar titles. Therefore, I will be giving Knack a pass.

Metal Gear Solid 5.
Now, let me first say, While I am not a fan of the MGS franchise, I did in fact enjoy the parts of 2 and 3 I played. The games are just too long winded for me. I was willing to give MGS 5 a shot once the price came down. Until they revealed 47727 character.

This costume is so hideous and disturbing that I don't even want to think about it. That one character model is enough to make sure I don't ever pick up this game.

What games will you be avoiding like the plague and why?

theundeadhero
09-22-2013, 01:36 AM
Every single one of them, really.

Night Fury
09-22-2013, 02:47 AM
Most of them because they're so fucking expensive.

Agent Proto
09-22-2013, 02:01 PM
All of them, I guess. Except for the 3DS games! Those I can get!

Bolivar
09-23-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't know. Most have looked pretty good so I wouldn't count out a price drop purchase on an Assassin's Creed or a Battlefield. Sony's first party offerings look pretty great (not sure if you have a soul of you think knack isn't charming....).

If there's any eye rollers it might be EAs sports franchises. I typically grab one Tiger Woods, NHL a generation but I was pretty turned off by them coming out bragging about their new insane graphics engine and it really didn't look all that crazier than what I've seen from the top tier PS3 and PC developers.

gamewizzard16
10-18-2013, 02:28 AM
anything on the xbox 1 because its 500 dollars for a cable box. i have not followed it since the xbox live reval on live event player.

Mirage
10-18-2013, 02:34 AM
Any brown FPS game.

Mahad
10-18-2013, 03:59 AM
It is likely I will not be buying either console, so for me I'll be skipping them all.

krissy
10-18-2013, 05:07 AM
i am a jedi so like none
clean-ass hands 4eva

NeoCracker
10-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Any that resemble your mom's in the slightest are out of the question.

jlenoconel
10-19-2013, 02:38 PM
I won't be touching most non-Japanese franchises this gen. May give Call of Duty a go as I don't mind those games. Stuff like Skyrim or whatever Western so called "RPG" is out though. I'll probably pick up a Wii U, and not bother with the PS4 for now. Xbox One is definitely not on my list.

Ayen
10-30-2013, 07:19 PM
It'll be a while before I can get a PlayStation 4 due to lack of expenses, but assuming money isn't an issue out of the next-gen games I know of now I won't be getting: Battlefield, Call of Duty, Killzone, and most AAA titles since they just don't interest me. Assassin's Creed IV is a maybe, depends how I feel when I get around to playing II and III.

Cosmiccandy
10-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Call of Battlefield Modern Black Ops Machismo 5: The Bulleting.

In all seriousness too many to individually itemize, but here's some dishonorable mentions.

Dead Rising 3, for demonstrating within the earliest trailer at E3 that absolutely everything that made the previous games in the franchise interesting is now gone. Assassins Creed IV on account of previous titles apparently forgetting the core premise of the whole series in exchange for...pirates?

DMKA
11-05-2013, 02:24 AM
-Call of Duty Ghosts
-Anything that's exclusive to Xbox One

Madame Adequate
11-05-2013, 02:55 AM
Call of Doge

Probably anything XBone exclusive

Slothy
11-05-2013, 03:05 AM
Probably anything XBone exclusive

That should really go without saying.

Bolivar
11-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Really hoping my PC runs Titanfall smoothly...

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Call of Battlefield Modern Black Ops Machismo 5: The Bulleting.

Yep.

I have zero plans to buy an Xbox One but I know I might end up caving in the future when they inevitably come out with Halo 5, which ironically for my tastes could be listed as the type of game in the above quote. Hopefully by that time there will be a great selection of games I'd like to play, because one game being exclusive to Xbox ain't gonna be enough to justify the price of a new console for me.

JenkinsHTTK
11-09-2013, 04:04 AM
"Ryse: Son of Rome"

More like rise of the quick time events. Am i right?

Slothy
11-09-2013, 12:58 PM

It almost looks like God of War if it were made by a developer that never made a great game before. /smug

Bolivar
11-09-2013, 08:05 PM
I think there was a headline lately that said its as fun as dialing phone numbers.

I'll give Crytek the benefit of the doubt though.

SirPrizes
11-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Anything Xbox One exclusive.

Anything with ridiculous amounts of DLC and/or codes to access content.

Anything using the free to play model.

I also won't be buying anything published by Capcom or EA new, as I've been boycotting them.

Outside of FFXV and KHIII, there isn't really anything I'm looking forward to playing next gen. I may not purchase a PS4 for quite a while.

Slothy
11-10-2013, 12:29 AM
I think there was a headline lately that said its as fun as dialing phone numbers.

I'll give Crytek the benefit of the doubt though.

I wouldn't, but I've found every game from them I've played to be a mixed bag aside from the technology that goes into them. And as always, Ryse looks good, but that's about all that looks good from the gameplay video I saw.

Elskidor
11-10-2013, 01:04 AM
Most of them because they're so smurfing expensive.

'Bout sums it up. I'm looking forward to the next gen games coming out so I can finally afford and play a ton of PS3 games I never touched because they were too expensive before, so please continue y'alls lists of the best games of this current console generation so I can know what to buy as the prices drop. =)

Lamia
11-15-2013, 12:04 PM
All PS4/XBONE launch games since I won't be getting a PS4 until KHIII/FFXV. I'll be enjoying Wii U games this holiday season :)

The Man
11-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Most likely anything on a console, at least for the next five years or so. Probably most computer games too; I don't do much gaming these days.

also:

Call of DogeI googled this and it did not disappoint

Cosmiccandy
11-15-2013, 01:26 PM

Oh my god that game was so mediocre I forgot all about it. I was legitimately intrigued by it when I first saw it at E3 because im a sucker for that historical period, but when I saw the "combat" in the same trailer my interest was dashed faster than finding an Adam's apple and unsightly crotch bulge on an otherwise gorgeous woman.

Elskidor
11-15-2013, 02:19 PM
All PS4/XBONE launch games since I won't be getting a PS4 until KHIII/FFXV.

Probably the same here. And if you really live at the location it says you do...I've lived there before, lol. Damn, still don't live but 20 minutes away from there, actually. Small world.

Electroshock Therapy
11-19-2013, 05:19 AM
All.

I don't money to spend on new consoles and games. Later on I think I'll buy a used first edition of PS3 so I can play FFXIII and XIII-2 (I know the criticisms. I still want to play it) and the Kingdom Hearts HD Remix packages because I'm seriously lacking in KH and I think that's a good way of catching up. Also, I want the first edition because I don't want to give up my old PS games.

Polnareff
11-20-2013, 05:34 PM
MGS5 is one I won't play simply because MGS4 was the biggest pile of shit ever conceived.

I won't play the obvious CoD, Madden, etc. I probably won't be getting an Xbone. Only things I want for it are Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3. I don't think DR3 will stay exclusive. I won't buy from EA either.

maybee
11-24-2013, 07:46 AM
MGS5- I liked the first and second game, but idk this game looks really dull, they even had to speed it up during the trailers. That's a bad omen right there. Gone of the days of Psycho Mantis.

Call Of Doge- Yeah never really been into those games. Even with Doges now included.

And X Bone only games.

Mirage
11-24-2013, 05:33 PM
There is only so much you have time to fit into a trailer. To attack MGS for having wait for the tactically best moment hardly sounds fair to me.

I'll probably get MGS5, even if MGS4 wasn't extremely good. Slipping up once or twice is forgivable, no one is perfect, not even game designers.

Bolivar
11-24-2013, 06:24 PM
From what I saw, it looked like they had to speed it up because MGS5 is a return to the deliberate, patient infiltration of open environments we had back in Snake Eater.

Which sounds like a very good thing to me.

Slothy
11-24-2013, 06:35 PM
Yeah, it's much more open world as well. So skipping over a bit of something like driving a vehicle or riding a horse for the sake of showing a variety of the gameplay in a trailer isn't surprising, or worrying.