PDA

View Full Version : More Collaborations for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Aulayna
09-22-2013, 02:31 PM

It seems Square Enix have plans for their FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Collaboration project. We revealed a few months ago (http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/151520-lightning-appear-fate-final-fantasy-xiv.html) that Lightning would be appearing in a special FATE event in Eorzea where players have a chance of winning a Snow Villiers or Lightning costume as well as a job specific weapon for their character. This cross-over also included Lightning getting a rather controversial (here at EoFF at least (http://home.eyesonff.com/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii/151611-editorial-lightning-returns-sexy-why-se-risks-destroying-lightnings-strengths.html)) Miqo'te costume for her adventures in Lightning Returns: FINAL FANTASY XIII.

Well, it's not stopping there. Square Enix are celebrating some big milestones this year. Namely, the 11th anniversary of FINAL FANTASY XI and the 1st anniversary of Dragon Quest X in Japan. To celebrate special collaborations will be happening between these titles!

Players will be able to fight against the indomitable Shantotto of FINAL FANTASY XI in a special FATE. If they are successful they will get a Shantotto minion to add to their collection.

A similar FATE event will take place for the Dragon Quest X cross-over. Those pesky Golems will be invading Eorzea and of course it falls to you, and whoever else happens to be around, to stop them! Players who are successful in their plight will receive a Golem minion for their collection.

Square Enix also revealed that the Lightning Returns event will be going live on servers in November 2013 to coincide with the Japanese launch of the game. They weren't clear, however, if this meant all servers or just the ones in the Japanese data center.

I'm excited for all 3 of these events, though, I know the idea of these cross-overs doesn't appeal to everyone. What's your verdict on them?

Del Murder
09-22-2013, 09:47 PM
WHAT.

That's it, I'm getting this game.

Rostum
09-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Must have Shantotto minion!!!

Lamia
09-26-2013, 01:53 AM
OMG! O_O I want the shanttoto minion.

I love all the fun stuff they are doing with this game.

Skyblade
09-26-2013, 03:15 AM
Odd. I'm not haring any of the "Ugh, Shantotto isn't a XIV character, why are they forcing her into the game" complaints that I heard when Lightning's FATE was announced.

Del Murder
09-26-2013, 03:32 AM
Well, FFXIV is a spiritual sequel to FFXI to be fair. She fits in a lot more with that world.

Miriel
09-26-2013, 04:33 AM
Odd. I'm not haring any of the "Ugh, Shantotto isn't a XIV character, why are they forcing her into the game" complaints that I heard when Lightning's FATE was announced.

FFXI and FFXIV are kindreds. A FFXI/FFXIV crossover makes a lot of sense and works in a way that wouldn't work as well for the other FF games.

Jiro
09-26-2013, 05:44 AM
Shantotto doesn't have her tits out.