PDA

View Full Version : Summer is over and autumn is here!

Shorty
09-23-2013, 12:29 AM
September 22nd is the official day of autumn for the northern hemisphere. Hooray, my favorite season! Could not be happier about this. :jess:

*~*~*~*~SUMMER RECAP*~*~*~*~*

Just prior to summer, I began a very long journey to move back home with my family, who I've lived away from for six years.
I began my summer road-tripping to Vegas with my sister, visiting my best friend and some other folks from Utah who I miss, staying with my dad and having a great time with him, eating In n Out for the last time in a long while and going to a Postal Service concert (which I can now check off my bucket list).
I returned to Coeur d'Alene where I set out to widen my social circle a little bit and ended up meeting the person who I grew closest to in a long time. We became such close friends so quickly and immediately joined at the hip and spent most of the remainder of summer together in all of our spare time.
Another concert in early June! Road tripped with said friend and her soon-to-be fiancee to see Alkaline Trio for the fourth time. Her fiancee laid out this huge elaborate plan with notecards and all of this stuff to propose during their song, and I told him to toss the plan and just go for it and ask her straight out. He thanked me profusely after everything was said and done. Had celebratory shots of Jameson for the first and last time, and spent the most amazing day in Portland the next day hitting up places for food and drinking all day down one of the social streets. The trip overall was an incredibly stressful one, but for most of the day it was silly drinking and having a good time with two great people. I saw my very old childhood friend who is essentially my fourth adopted sister. We spent most of that next day with her as well, and engaged in questionable activities~ which was a terrible idea since I had been drinking all day. There was much walking, and my feet were killing me by the time we left for a six hour journey at 10pm.
My sister came to visit from New York! I was lucky enough to have her visit me earlier this year in... February or March or something like that. I don't even remember. We only get to see eachother 2-3 times a year, and to see her again in such a short time was an absolute pleasure. We are hilarious together.
Shortly after that, another friend I had met not long before invited me to her cabin a few hours south and I spent an amazing week with an amazing bunch of people.
I spent time revisiting my interests, mostly opening up my creativity with writing and photography. I picked up the guitar exactly one time, learned Ode to Joy, and haven't touched it since. I am sometimes terrible with commitments :( (I don't think this surprises anyone).
Fell in love with some new music! Tom Gabel, The Vaccines and Gaslight Anthem will forever remind me of Summer 2013.
Began moving past some serious personal issues and began to lighten up and grow happier.
Friend I made at the beginning of the summer moved to LA. I was both relieved and heartbroken, but we had began developing problems and it was best for the both of us that she left.
I acquired a bike! I haven't had a bike since maybe I was ten years old. It is minty-colored with Against Me! lyrics written on it in sharpie, which I am completely fine with. Summertime night bike rides have been an amazing stress release and a godsend.
Finally met Jason Lynch after all of these damn years! We had an absolute blast together. Except he took me into the woods at night and I thought he was going to murder me.
My cat went missing. She is still missing, and I have accepted that she isn't coming back.
Started bone collecting with two small birds my other cat wrangled for me. :|
Rantz and I broke up (but we remain the best of friends, which I am eternally happy about and grateful for).
Went camping with my family and went to a wolf sanctuary where I got licked to pieces by the most affectionate beasts I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with! I even got to rub one's belly!
Made friends with my sister's in-laws and thus widened my social circle just a bit more.
My dear laptop Sirius nearly kicked the bucket, but he is very much on his way out. :(
Oh, and I went to the smurfing wedding of the century. That post comes later, though - sorry, folks!

What have you done these past few months and what are the highlights of your summer? If you're one of the folks from down south, tell us about your winter!

Slothy
09-23-2013, 01:00 AM
Not a whole lot for me I guess, but the highlights are quite good.

- finally got my depression under control and am feeling great.
- at some point Shorty transitions from just a friend to one of my best friends (of which I have probably 3 total). No complaints.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-23-2013, 02:02 AM
-- Graduated university and got certified to teach high school English
-- Moved away from the parents' house
--Watched every single Wes Anderson film for the first time
-- Social anxiety and depression started getting kind of bad, but I think it's more under control, so that's good.
-- As of the last few weeks, I have stopped being burnt out from writing due to all the boring writing I had to do for school.
-- Worked through a lot of my fears of the future.
-- Got Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix/beat it (Really, this was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to this summer).

My summer wasn't too exciting, really.

Shauna
09-23-2013, 09:29 AM
- Went to work
- Went to work
- Went to work
- Went to work
- Went to work

Drift
09-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Got into a relationship,
Went to an anime convention,
Went to an amazing wedding and met some amazing people.

s'about it

Denmark
09-23-2013, 03:16 PM
yay fall! fuck summer

- Met Sam IRL
- Hung out with her so much that we decided she should really just move in (and she did)
- Went to my family's condo in southern Delaware twice (once with family, once with Sam). Went to the beach several times when there, and met Raistlin there. Cool dude
- Went to a wedding (not the EoFF wedding)
- Went to work
- Drank gin, played video games

Hollycat
09-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Someone needs to tell the weather that Summer is over. It's still over 100 down here.

Bought a house
Became a licenced Realtor
Went to the Grand Canyon
Threw a paper airplane from 10000 feet above sea level
saw a chipmunk
bought two pairs of identical shoes
got a smart phone

It wasn't a bad summer.

noxious.sunshine
09-23-2013, 03:40 PM
I barely remember Summer.

Drinking, drinking, some grilling out happened, more drinking, beer pong happened one night, hanging out with my kid, talking to the padres over the phone, yeah.

pretty uneventful summer.

here's to the next one being exactly the same. ... As it should be.

Jinx
09-23-2013, 09:06 PM
A very eventful summer for me!

Moved to Pennsylvania
Met Denmark IRL
Met Denmark's totally awesome brother and sister-in-law
Met Denmark's parents
Moved in with Denmark
Went to Delaware and the beach
Met Raistlin
Turned 22
Got a job
Went to my cousin's wedding
shots
shots
shots
shots
shots
shots
shots
shots
shots

Shiny
09-23-2013, 10:27 PM
Noooo, summer is the best. Come back. :(

My summer was full of good times. I didn't go the beach though, and that's my only regret. The highlight of summer was getting a new puppy, a West Highland Terrier otherwise known as a Westie. She thinks she's a lion. It's very strange and adorable. Another highlight is finally getting a chance to go to California and meeting some friends down there (some old, and some new). I also went to Pennsylvania to spend time with my other friends who I'd been kind of neglecting. We went to their Korean church and had fellowship there which was a new and interesting experience.

Shlup
09-24-2013, 12:42 AM
My summer recap:

Had a baby.
That's it.

I like autumn!

fire_of_avalon
09-24-2013, 01:17 AM
* It rained a lot.
* I mean a hole freaking lot of rain.
* I worked a bunch.
* Moved houses to basically the house next door.
* Turned 28. Felt old.
* Went to Florida. Swam in the ocean.
* Threw a Super Mario themed baby shower in the pouring rain. (That was on the last day of summer.)

So far, this fall, I've:
*Bought new glasses and had an eye exam.
*Got a pap smear.

Hurray!

Calliope
09-25-2013, 12:17 AM
*Had my first solo photography exhibition
*Went to a week-long writing workshop held at UC Berkeley
*Hung out with the very gracious Del + Miriel and had some adventures
*Moved house
*Saw "The World's End" at the theatre (we almost never see movies at the theatre)
*Met Jowy!
*Swam some laps, played some horse, watched some fireworks
*Attended one day of Bumbershoot, shot The Julie Ruin
*Started inviting people over for arts and crafts

Pike
09-25-2013, 05:45 PM
EUROPA UNIVERSALIS IV HOLY GOD YES
AWESOMENAUTS YES best moba
crusader kings 2 MULTIPLAYER WORKS HELL YES
DEUS EX HUMAN REVOLUTION WHY ARE YOU GUYS NOT PLAYING THIS
the ORIGINAL FALLOUT IS SUPER GREAT OMFG
watched all of STAR TREK TOS AND ALSO THE ANIMATED SERIES YES IT EXISTS
ALSO THAT ONE SHOW WITH AGENT SCULLY IN BELFAST
wrote like 40k words in a new book goddamn I hate writing augh
HOLY SHIT EMULATING OLD NINTENDO GAMES
I both love and hate FTL: Faster Than Light
OMG MONACO IS SUCH A GREAT GAME
STEAM SALES THANK YOU BASED GABEN

I can't think of anything else at the moment

Madame Adequate
09-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Played a lot of Dwarf Fortess
Played a lot of Aurora
Played a bit of Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead
Played a lot of Liberal Crime Squad
Played a lot of Skyrim
Played a lot of Pokemon White
Played a lot of Crusder Kings 2
Played a lot of Europa Universalis IV
Played a bit of Victoria 2
Played a lot of Saints Row IV
Played some Sleepy Dogs
Played some Shogun 2 and Rome 2 Total War
Bought and built a new computer
Played a little Far Cry 3

Chris
09-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Well, it's been a busy couple of months for me. Firstly, I met Victor. My world changed, and we just moved in together, so that's why I've been absent as of late. There's a lot of stuff to consider, and a lot of stuff to get done, so it takes up a lot of time.

Scotty_ffgamer
09-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Oh, another big thing from this summer was that I helped photograph a wedding. That was a pretty big thing for me. Also, one of the most stressful times in my life.

NorthernChaosGod
09-26-2013, 03:34 AM
I mostly worked and did a lot of drinking this summer. I think my liver hates me now.

The highlight of my summer was my trip to Vegas where I did tons more drinking. xD

Psychotic
09-26-2013, 07:27 AM
Rode a bear, bought a house and put a Canadian in it.

Loony BoB
09-26-2013, 03:54 PM
- Enjoyed the sun.
- Podcats funtimes.
- Found out Computacenter's contract with AEGON is ending and that I would be transferring to AGT, who will pick up the new contract.
- Final Fantasy XIV.
- Met family for the first time in eleven years.
- Met friends, many for the first time.
- Spent so much money. So. Much. Money.
- Got married!

Everything else seems kind of trivial. I'm probably forgetting something rather important, though.

Pike
09-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Oh right, I forgot to put FF XIV beta in my post. That was fun.

Everything I did in summer is blending together with everything I did in spring/early autumn.

Cuchulainn
09-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Ireland's giot no summer, jyusr a series of grey days so ill smu up the year so far.

- Slipped & Fell On Frozen Dog Pish In February
- Brother Died In March
- Spat On A Pigeon In June
- Kicked A Cat Up The Arse In April
- Went To San Diego In July
- Moved In August
- Moved Again In August
- Lost My Battle With My Knee In August
- smurf August, In September (smurf March Too)

Pretty Eventful I Think You'll Agree.

noxious.sunshine
10-04-2013, 01:13 AM
Weeeeee!!! We're going to NYC Nov. 1st!! I'm soooooo excited! I've never been and and and and and!!!

I kinda rly wanna take my kid, but I don't think it'd be wise. It's just a short trip and I wanna be able to go out.

Freya
10-04-2013, 02:13 AM
I got a fulltime job.

SO

worked.
worked.