PDA

View Full Version : K-Pop

Aulayna
09-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Are you a K-Pop fan? Which K-Pop groups do you like?

Or perhaps you can't stand K-Pop?

Discuss all things K-Pop within!

I'll just start of by saying I'm a Girls' Generation (SNSD) fan and Super Junior fan. Though nothing on the level of the diehard Sones out there. TVXQ are pretty good too.

Starcraft got me into K-Pop really with the rather unintentional association that Girls' Generation - Gee gained with SC fans xD Still not sure, to this day, how that happened.

Lonely Paper Star
09-24-2013, 10:29 PM
I love K-pop!

I don't take it too seriously, though. And the fandom... I try not to touch that.

Anyway, right now, I'm into INFINITE and Led Apple. I like Spica a lot as well, but I know that they're not very popular. Their singles are also hit or miss with me.

Rostum
09-25-2013, 08:27 AM
I'm not really into K-pop, but I love South Korea! I've got a few friends who love K-pop so much, though, so I hear it a lot.

noxious.sunshine
09-25-2013, 08:35 AM
I'm out of the loop when it comes to current stuff.... I used to l-love- Shinhwa.. omg DongWan and Junjin... *drools* and JTL, Park JiYoon, BoA, Fly to the Sky.. yep. Soooooo 2004 lololol

Lonely Paper Star
09-25-2013, 08:42 PM
I miss Fly to the Sky. :<

Denmark
09-25-2013, 09:09 PM
GEE GEE GEE GEE BABY BABY BABY

I enjoy K-Pop because I like pop music. I only know major popular stuff though.

Lonely Paper Star
09-26-2013, 08:11 AM
A friend of mine, who's doing grad school and teaching English to kids in Korea, just posted a picture of himself on Facebook hanging out with Taecyeon from 2PM.

/pretendingnottobejealous

noxious.sunshine
09-26-2013, 08:37 AM
IDK.. I'm kinda super out of the loop in general when it comes to -all- music ... My big iPod is dead and I can't find the charger...

Most of everything on there ranges between the 80's & around 2008 or so.

Shaibana
09-26-2013, 05:39 PM
I am defenitly a BlackJack (2ne1) and a VVIP (Bigbang)
besides that i really enjoy Ailee and TVXQ

though 2ne1 is letting me down at the moment..
they suppose to bring out a single every month till the release of the new album.
haven heard anything anymore after Do You Love Me
whats going on?

noxious.sunshine
09-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Bigbang's been advertised on MTV lately. Some kinda exclusive performance in San Diego coming up..

What pisses me off though, is that BoA is -amazing- (yes, I'm a hugggge fan of her's) and her English album was dope as fuhhh, but whoever made the U.S. version of the PV for "Eat You Up" screwed her over bad... Plus she didn't get the promotion she deserved/needed from SM to make it big over here.

I mean, Utada Hikaru's 2 English albums are not that great (and I'm a big fan of her's too).. She speaks perfect English, but her English songs are way too obscure. She says she was just experimenting with both albums to see what would happen, and I know she's pretty off-beat as far as J-Pop goes - and it works out for her. But, she at least got a spot on GMA singing "Come Back To Me" and that Mr. Lawrence song.

Also. I kinda remember several K-Pop artists teamed up with rappers like Lil John & stuff to come up with some kind of collabo back in '05 or so... Does anyone remember this?

Shaibana
09-26-2013, 06:11 PM
the only song with an western singer i know is Wondergirls Ft Akon - Love me like money.

i love Utada Hikaru also ^^ im still waiting for her comeback :o

Aulayna
10-01-2013, 08:08 PM
6SwiSpudKWI

This is stuck in my head right now >_>

noxious.sunshine
10-02-2013, 06:31 PM
She's done the theme songs for the latest Evangelion movies! I haven't heard them yet, though.

Lol that's the thing with her though, she sometimes takes ages to come out with new stuff. I remember it was quite awhile between the releases of DISTANCE and DEEP RIVER, then she kinda picked up the pace a lil bit.

BoA remixed Akon's Beautiful. A couple of people did fan videos of it on YouTube that're really good.

Shaibana
10-02-2013, 07:42 PM
ppff.. i was in my (new) car today and all the sudden i realised how much i missed singing along a little to hard on k-pop songs while i was stuck on traffic..
time to 'tune' my car radio :l

Shaibana
10-02-2013, 07:44 PM
She's done the theme songs for the latest Evangelion movies! I haven't heard them yet, though.

Lol that's the thing with her though, she sometimes takes ages to come out with new stuff. I remember it was quite awhile between the releases of DISTANCE and DEEP RIVER, then she kinda picked up the pace a lil bit.

BoA remixed Akon's Beautiful. A couple of people did fan videos of it on YouTube that're really good.

when i discovered her she was already on 'sabbatical' (Atleast that is what i have read).. .. thats maybe 2-3 years ago

noxious.sunshine
10-02-2013, 09:48 PM
She was still on DISTANCE when I found her in later 01. I just looked up the discography... My sense of time is off. Deep River came out in 02. Huh. Oh well.

There was a snippet on VH1 about her - they showed a snippet of "Can You Keep A Secret". I nearly died lol...

Shaibana
10-02-2013, 09:57 PM
as in a hint that she might make a comeback soon? :O

Shiny
10-03-2013, 03:24 AM
I'm not really big on k-pop...I'm more of a Utada, Namie, and Hyde, and Dir en grey fan. I do have a friend who is apparently an extremely famous k-pop singer now. Good for her I guess, but I'd prefer if she came back to the States and made it big. It seems the only Asian band to have major success in the U.S. is L'arc en ciel and they were the only ones to headline at Madison Square Garden. If you can make it here you can make it anywhere is apparently true because Hyde is coming back again in December.

noxious.sunshine
10-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Lol no. This was right after I discovered her.

She on hiatus for awhile ..

omg I love Namie! Minus that horrible remake of waterfalls she did with TLC. It almost makes me sick that she's in her mid 30s and still looks 12= lol.. And I love Aikawa Nanase! Hehe

dir en grey has toured in the U.S. several times. They're pretty popular "underground" or whatever. I lurve Kyo. He's my Japanese twin brother XD..
And X-Japan .. omg. I love them too.

Shiny
10-04-2013, 03:18 AM
Dir en grey has only really played at one major music festival and small venues though. I'd be shocked if they got something like MSG. I was shocked when L'arc did it.

I remember the name of the Kpop band I like now. They're called Kara. They have one or two songs I like.

noxious.sunshine
10-04-2013, 03:20 AM
I know they did Family Values a few years ago.... Hehe.

I haven't listened to L'arc in a long time.. I used to have a major crush on Sugizo.

Lonely Paper Star
10-04-2013, 03:22 AM
So I'm guessing this is a K-pop + J-pop/J-rock thread now. XD

As far as the latter is concerned, High and Mighty Color is my absolute favorite J-band even if they're not around anymore. I also like ONE OK ROCK and Asian Kung-Fu Generation a lot. I used to listen to a lot of Utada and various other artists, too, though.

noxious.sunshine
10-04-2013, 04:39 AM
Oh. Siam Shade and Due Le Quartz were a couple other big ones I listened to.

Has anyone heard of Silver Ash? That Chinese VK band? Love. Them.

Dark_Valentine
10-17-2013, 12:45 AM
omg...I just now happened on this thread and I don't understand how I could have missed it before xD my absolute favorite is B2ST...but I like MBLAQ, Big Bang, 2NE1, f(x), B.A.P., and Block B as well! Any b2uties out there?? :)

Mirage
10-17-2013, 12:55 AM
B-pop and N-pop is more my thing.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-17-2013, 01:57 AM
I really don't know much of anything about K-Pop. At least not anymore. I used to listen to it a bit in middle school when my cousin used to introduce me to a bunch of different Japanese and Korean bands. That being said, there's a K-Pop artist named Bada that's featured on the new BT album, and the song is excellent.

Pike
10-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Does it count if I love Gangnam Style?

Mo-Nercy
10-17-2013, 07:41 AM
I've always been a BoA fan. T-ara has most recently graced my iPod. Had the hots for Chae Yeon a few years back too. xD

Since we're talking Japan now too - I also like m-flo and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.

And to throw China into the mix. Jay Chou is awesome.

Night Fury
10-17-2013, 02:37 PM
I love 2ne1.

Lonely Paper Star
10-18-2013, 05:49 AM
One other thing I really like is the choreography of some of these songs. I spend much of my time copying it. ._. When the song comes on, I automatically start dancing.

Who remembers H.O.T.? Lol

Kir3HOZwZqM

XQwsh9Ob2e0

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-18-2013, 06:35 AM
Not a fan of most of the K-Pop I've heard. I've always likened it to the "boy bands" here in America. A group of attractive people are carefully selected and trained to play a specific role to sell music. It's not about the art. These people don't write their own music. These groups exist solely to make catchy repetitive tunes to make the record companies they work for a lot of money. Now, I'm not saying that the ladies and gents of K-Pop don't enjoy their jobs. What i'm saying is I like real music. I want to hear something you created.

I haven't listened to L'arc in a long time.. I used to have a major crush on Sugizo.

You're mistaken, Sugizo is in Luna Sea. Now that's a great band!

Mahad
10-18-2013, 06:52 AM
I like HTT. I'm sure that counts.

Shaibana
10-18-2013, 02:22 PM
ooh Lone Wolf Leonhart.. you are breaking my heart :(

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-18-2013, 07:35 PM
ooh Lone Wolf Leonhart.. you are breaking my heart :(

:kiss: