PDA

View Full Version : Elfen Lied

Karifean
09-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Elfen Lied - Lilium (Full Opening Theme Song) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/kua_iJ4bAmo)

It's been too long since I last watched this anime. Such a unique experience. And ever since I found out the manga goes twice as long as the anime (because the anime was made before the series was finished) I have something new to look forward to.

The anime is only 13 episodes of about 20 minutes each... yet it has something... unique. Never have I seen anything that conveys emotions even remotely as well as Elfen Lied does. Not even the Final Fantasy series.

I might have posted some pictures, but I would probably be banned from the forums for doing so. At times it really feels like the creators reveled in a lack of censorship.

Anyone else watched Elfen Lied?

Rantz
09-24-2013, 11:13 PM
I've never watched it, but I've loved the theme song ever since I first heard it used in the animation Lilium (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/243164).

Shauna
09-24-2013, 11:25 PM
Elfen Lied certainly is something. My friends and I marathoned it one evening, which was a bad idea. ._. Too much heartbreak.

CimminyCricket
09-25-2013, 03:53 AM
I remember obsessing over the show for a while. I didn't know the manga continued on, so I'll have to look into that so I can figure out what happens. I didn't like that the show ended with that strange cliff hanger type deal.

Jessweeee♪
09-25-2013, 03:58 AM
My dad always walked in the room when a scene where she was naked happened. Oh god now I know why my parents thought I was a lesbian. It makes so much sense now! :(

Karifean
09-25-2013, 10:18 PM
I remember obsessing over the show for a while. I didn't know the manga continued on, so I'll have to look into that so I can figure out what happens. I didn't like that the show ended with that strange cliff hanger type deal.

I just finished reading the Manga and I personally prefer the Anime. The manga just gets too out of hand, and I preferred Lucy's personification in the anime (she's antagonized for nearly all of the manga). They also went a bit overboard with the ecchis. Admittedly though, the ending was still as heartbreaking as the anime's, maybe even more so.

Plus, it doesn't have Lilium. It has the actual Elfenlied though.