PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Californians

Loony BoB
09-25-2013, 02:21 PM
My wonderful stepbrother, Josh (QuadraMagic here at EoFF after he recently changed his name from Loony JosH), is traveling to California and will be staying in hostels, but is wondering if any of you lovely lot would be interested in putting him up for a night or two at any point. He says it can be anywhere around California, and the dates he'll be there are 28th September through to 6th October. Short notice, but alas, nobody responded on Facebook!

For those unaware, Josh hung out with the likes of Shorty, Rantzien, Drift (DC), Levian and of course Danielle and myself after the wedding, and also got to know Psychotic and probably Faris/Raine/Bubba during the wedding. I'm pretty confident they can all vouch for him being a top bloke, because he is most definitely one. :)

EDIT: Oh, and I'm pretty sure he mentioned being able to pay whatever he would pay to the hostel to whoever hosts him instead, so there's always that, too. :up:

Psychotic
09-25-2013, 05:26 PM
I would like to vouch for him being absolutely nothing like Daniel in any way, shape or form and thus is a decent fella who you would definitely enjoy being around!

Shorty
09-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Yeah, Josh is an awesome dude and is extremely chill. Would recommend hanging out with him if you get the chance!

Del Murder
09-25-2013, 06:20 PM
I love when people say 'visiting California' as if that narrows it down. You do realize this state is bigger than your entire country? Where exactly is he going?

Calliope
09-25-2013, 06:32 PM
"it can be anywhere" xD

And yes, that's just like when people ask "What should I do in New Zealand?" - so annoying!

Del Murder
09-25-2013, 06:33 PM
'What to do' is a different question than 'Where should I stay'?

And we're much bigger than NZ, anyway!

Calliope
09-25-2013, 06:37 PM
It's a different question, but it's still annoying when you already have your own agenda which includes travelling places I've never been but you still expect me to have an informed opinion about, and you don't care about the one place I have actual knowledge of and can make meaningful suggestions about!

It sounds like he doesn't really have an agenda and maybe thinks that all he has to do is mention "I'm Loony BoB's brother" and then someone will turn up in a limo and put him up in a penthouse suite. This would be pretty awesome if it happened - can't he just crash at Square Enix or something?

Del Murder
09-25-2013, 07:23 PM
We're getting off topic here...

Anyway, he should go see Disneyland. :D

Flying Mullet
09-25-2013, 07:35 PM
I have to work a county fair in Fresno October 2nd - 6th but I don't recommend he go there.

Loony BoB
09-25-2013, 11:16 PM
He doesn't have any agenda really, yeah. So my understanding is that he can do whatever... I'm guessing LA, San Diego or that general area is preferred, but yeah, he'll have to answer any questions should you have 'em!

Miriel
09-25-2013, 11:38 PM
I want to go to Disneyland. :(

Del Murder
09-25-2013, 11:44 PM
Let's go! With Loony BoB's brother!

Shorty
09-25-2013, 11:46 PM
jellybeans :(

Jiro
09-26-2013, 05:31 AM
Everyone should offer, but in impossible patterns, so he spends his whole trip travelling from one free accommodation to another, criss-crossing the state.

(Don't do that he is a nice dude.)

Yamaneko
09-26-2013, 06:25 AM
Let's go! With Loony BoB's brother!

http://www.binghamton.edu/libraries/about/images/13-LetsAllGo01.jpg