PDA

View Full Version : Illnesses and Plagues General Whining Thread

Psychotic
09-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Now, I am sure you are all fed up of hearing about that wedding, but an interesting side effect of attending is that a number of us have come down with an awful disease, called Loony Lurgi. I believe Shauna and Rantz were victims, and while I dodged the initially bullet, my dastardly roomie caught it and brought it back and after surviving for so long, I was finally infected.

I used to just power through and not make any changes at all, but as I am getting older I now chug lemsip (http://www.lemsip.co.uk/) drinks which taste as much like lemons as Quin's ass tastes like heaven itself. In fact, I think it actually is Quin's ass flavoured.

This is a thread to either moan and whine about illnesses, or to at least say what you do when you feel ill. Hell, feel free to sympathise with me, mock me, or come up with exciting theories as to what Loony Lurgi actually is.

noxious.sunshine
09-26-2013, 08:53 AM
If it's a sore throat & fever-ish deal, I do a couple of shots of whiskey, eat some flu/cold medicine, make some chicken & rice soup with a butt load of whole garlic cloves and big chunks of onion & other veggies, and then snuggle up in bed and watch Netflix or something until I pass out. Garlic & onion help flush out your system. So .. yay.

Stomach virus? I whine and complain like a 3 year old, eat nothing but popsicles, saltine crackers, & drink Sprite, and sleep. A lot.

Shauna
09-26-2013, 09:53 AM
I am healing, but I passed it onto Matt when we returned home. That damn hill. :argh:

Faris
09-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Hey! I did not want to get sick either! :zombert:

Being sick is the worst! Whenever I get sick for a long period of time I tend to think to myself "what does not feeling sick feel like? I miss it."

NeoCracker
09-26-2013, 10:22 AM
I don't get sick all that often surprisingly.

However, nothing is worth then that feeling where your sinus's are are clogged and in pain. I can do massive headaches, soar throats, vomiting, but dear god the sinus thing is the most consistantly unpleasant thing to inflict on a person.

Loony BoB
09-26-2013, 10:35 AM
The current theory is that my Dad and Josh brought it over with them and spread it around. Dad was the one who had it at the time he flew over, Josh just beforehand. It hasn't seemed to affect anyone from my work nor Danielle's family - just the people who were at the shared apartment and also my Mum, who has had it worse than anyone (not sure if it's the same thing as she has completely lost her voice and is struggling a lot, while everyone at the shared apartment seemed to be suffering from something notably less severe).

Old Manus
09-26-2013, 10:48 AM
I too have caught a horrible cold this week, even though the last time I got ill was seven years ago. How hard were you guys sneezing?

Jinx
09-26-2013, 12:54 PM
I have a really bad lung infection right now. I'm taking four breathing treatments a day, but it's not really helping. Luckily I have an appointment with a pulmonolgist next week. But I'm working 6 days a week and not getting enough or very good sleep, and my body is so run down. Which is leading to depression and me hardly eating at all, which is probably just making me sicker.

lalalalala

Quindiana Jones
09-26-2013, 01:40 PM
This is why I didn't go.

Quindiana Jones
09-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Also because I wasn't invited.

Quindiana Jones
09-26-2013, 01:45 PM
:(

Shorty
09-26-2013, 03:04 PM
When I get the flu, I get it hard. Last time I had it was March 2012. It lasted three weeks and I got it on the first day of starting a new job and there was no way in hell in was going to take a day off, even though I am certain I ought to have been hospital-ridden.

I sleep lots, take inappropriate amounts of Airborne, cough drops, cough and sinus relief fluids, ibuprofen and some other aid that is orange that I can't remember (instructions be damned) and lots of hot lemon tea. I tend to watch Disney movies more often when I get sick, too, though this is unrelated to getting me well.

I used to lie on the bathroom floor when I got sick as a kid because it was a cool surface.

noxious.sunshine
09-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Ya. I rarely get sick, but when I do, it's -bad-.

I got horribly sick in the Fall of 2008 - it lasted on and off for like a month - 2 or 3 stomach viruses back to back (my sister thought I was pregnant again even though I wasn't even dating anyone) and then right after that I wound up with uhm. like strep throat and something else and was out for like a week and a 1/2.

Mumzy got borderline pneumonia over Christmas and had it for 3 weeks before she finally went to the doctor, but she gave it to me and then -I- had to go, but I just had an upper respiratory infection. My dad was like "If you 2 give this to me, I'll kill you both."

EDIT: Sometimes I like when I'm sick .... Then I can make other people take care of me for once.
And on the flip side.. This is horrible probably. While I hate my little girl feeling bad, I secretly kinda like when she gets sick... 'Cuz then she gets all snuggly and we can just lay in bed all day and watch her favorite movies and eat junk food. (She isn't very snuggly anymore except at night or early in the mornings when she gets up before me).

Calliope
09-26-2013, 04:36 PM
I came down ill yesterday and I wasn't even there beyond a video screening :(

Loony BoB
09-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Maybe the PC playing your video had a virus.

Calliope
09-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Shut up, Del Murder Towns.

Guess I'll fix myself some lemon tea, down an ibuprofen if my throat can stand that much movement, and lumber back to bed.

Drift
09-26-2013, 04:49 PM
eitherway, whatever you get you blame BoB

Loony BoB
09-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Josh already outright claimed responsibility for any illnesses. I concede to his viral superiority.

Psychotic
09-26-2013, 05:29 PM
i just had a busy and stressful day at work and being ill did not fucking help, i feel exhausted and it's not friday

Shorty
09-26-2013, 05:30 PM
It's almost Friday! Hang in there!

Quindiana Jones
09-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Bubonic plague is in China, by the way.

Psychotic
09-26-2013, 06:07 PM
It's almost Friday! Hang in there!Thank you. :love:

And man I sneezed so hard that now blood comes out of my nose. Awesome. I could always do with having less blood. :|

Rantz
09-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Josh already outright claimed responsibility for any illnesses. I concede to his viral superiority.

You keep letting your family take the fall, but I remember the stories about Tara's visit. I remember.

Jessweeee♪
09-27-2013, 03:51 AM
I only ever get sick like twice a year with nasty colds/fevers. I plant myself onto my bean bag chair with a box of tissues, a grocery bag to put the used ones in, green tea with honey, and a box of strawberries. Then video games happen.

Bunny
09-27-2013, 04:04 AM
The last day of my honeymoon I came down with a nasty sore throat and have just about lost my voice.

Quindiana Jones
09-27-2013, 04:18 AM
Was your new husband a bit rough, eh? :jokey:

Bunny
09-27-2013, 04:29 AM
Nah, it was all the other dudes.

Gotta pay for this shit somehow.

Psychotic
09-27-2013, 07:25 AM
On the plus side, my voice is now deep as fuck and I can comfortably sing along to Leonard Cohen. Well, I could, were I not coughing and sneezing like it's going out of style.

Raine
09-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Well I have a weird disease for years now, where my throat is just a bit sore all the time. In summer it's not much of a problem, but now as it's getting colder it just feels swollen all the time. That's the reason I was wearing a scarf all the time in Scotland (I remember BoB asking about it) ...because it was really cold there! And I didn't want to catch that mysterious townsie-virus. My doctor tried to help me for a year or so, and then he said something like "yeah I guess you have to go living on the north pole, there it should be better as the air is much cleaner." Sure.

But when I catch a cold, I drink ginger tea (no I'm not dipping Ron Weasley in hot water), use tigerbalm and sleep as much as I can. To get myself sleepy, I just lie in bed and listen to Within Temptation, because that band always manages to make me sleep (not because they're so bad, but because the music is so harmonious). And I love to watch silly teen movies when I'm sick, I watched all the Twilight movies with fever haha

Madame Adequate
09-27-2013, 12:01 PM
I get horrible sinus infections that put me in bed for like two weeks with enormous headaches, to the point I see flashing lights and stuff. I think it's a chronic thing or has damaged my sinuses or something because now I snore very loudly :(

Jiro
09-27-2013, 12:30 PM
I am always sick when one particular friend is healthy, and the reverse is also true. We have this weird connection, and only rarely do we overlap - positively or negatively.

Araciel
09-29-2013, 04:17 AM
I've got Disco Fever.

Freya
09-29-2013, 06:51 AM
I'm always sick. My immune system is shot cause of all the anti biotics ive been on. The lining in my nose got fucked up so I cant smell but it also allows me to get sick easily.

Psychotic
09-29-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm sure you would all love an update, aka more whining. I am now in the COUGHING TO DEATH stage. I also took a leaf out of Steve's book and sometimes sound like a Fallout ghoul.

Loony BoB
09-29-2013, 08:50 AM
I think you've got whatever Mum's got, because she's struggling big time with her cough, she's barely able to sleep. :(

Aulayna
09-29-2013, 04:24 PM
BoBonic plague.

fix'd

Iceglow
10-01-2013, 03:48 AM
Can you imagine what it's going to be like next time I end up that ill again now that my job is like talking to people! I probably won't be even allowed near work!

Psychotic
10-01-2013, 07:29 AM
I wish a Ghostbusters reboot was in production because I would fucking nail an audition for Slimer right now.

Iceglow
10-01-2013, 01:56 PM
LMAO Can we not make a Fallout - Ghost Busters cross over with me as a ghoul, you as slimer and BoB as Egon

Psychotic
10-01-2013, 02:00 PM
lonny bob is not smart enough. Make him a Radroach.

Iceglow
10-01-2013, 02:03 PM
true that! a rad roach killed by a BB gun!

noxious.sunshine
10-01-2013, 03:51 PM
Omg. The outer bit of my right eye socket feels like someone punched me with a brass knuckle. It hurts soo bad everytime I blink.

there's no bruising but this is the 2nd day and there's swelling underneath just a tad bit.

oh god. What if it's pink eye!? Omgomgomgomgomg. I'm freaking out now. I'm supposed to have a 2nd job interview at some point this week.

Denmark
10-01-2013, 04:03 PM
I was sick two weeks ago (general cold/sinus infection/etc illness). I am STILL COUGHING. I hope it goes away soon because I don't want to have to go to a doctor

Calliope
10-01-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm at the point where my eardrums hurt from blowing my nose so often, I can practically gargle with all the phlegm in my throat, and I'm starting to sneeze blood. I'm also having weird food cravings and food memories due to my sense of taste being off - I could do with some madeira cake with glace cherries, some sort of processed cheese spread with marmite, and macaroni :p

Psychotic
10-02-2013, 07:29 AM
My sympathies, my fellow sick sufferers.

I feel like I have gone backwards today! Ugh!

Rostum
10-02-2013, 08:03 AM
My girlfriend came back from Hong Kong with an incredibly bad chest / larynx infection, as well as a flu. I've managed to catch the flu, along with a sore throat and sore ear.

:(

Jinx
10-02-2013, 12:15 PM
I'm going to the pulmonologist today. Not really looking forward to it, but hoping they can help me out. Possibly hospital, honestly.

noxious.sunshine
10-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Full blown pink eye.

My eye was crusted shut this morning. So. Gross.

And it was hurting so bad last night it gave me a horrible headache. I was in tears like all night.

hopefully bf will get antibiotic eye drops & pain medicine from the med station today.

Raine
10-03-2013, 07:10 PM
My immune system sucks. Last week I almost fainted getting a vaccine, I feel powerless, struggle with dizziness at work and now I got something like blisters on my hand, apparently from stress and / or weak immune system. Now that I finally started dating again. Thanks body for making me look disgusting!

Apart from the whining: I hope you all get better soon :/

Jinx
10-03-2013, 07:14 PM
Well, I am not going into the hospital. I'm doing a home IV through PICC instead. Basically the same stuff as if I was in the hospital, just in the comfort of my own home.

Jess
10-04-2013, 12:25 AM
I've never had the flu. Yet! I hope I never get it.

I get colds, but nothing major. I haven't taken a day sick from work for over 2 years.

Loony BoB
10-04-2013, 03:09 PM
I've never had the flu. Yet! I hope I never get it.

I get colds, but nothing major. I haven't taken a day sick from work for over 2 years.
Unbreakable (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbreakable_(film))