PDA

View Full Version : Vita Troubles

CimminyCricket
09-27-2013, 12:28 AM
i traded my dad a few items for his vita and games and i'm in the process of trying to transfer save game data over from his psn account to mine. i've already transferred all the data from the memory card to my computer and moved the save data I want from his profile designator in the folders, to my profile designator in the folders. i've even moved app data in the same way. i can get the app data to show up just fine on the vita in the content manager, but i am unable to get the save data to reflect in the same way. is there something that i am doing wrong, or something that i should be doing differently?

Hollycat
09-27-2013, 12:51 AM
If you moved the whole files and then the saves using CMA it should work. But only if they were on your PSN.

VITA doesn't allow you to play other peoples digital saves, and it won't let you earn trophies if you use someone elses save on a card.

CimminyCricket
09-27-2013, 01:20 AM
They were on my dad's PSN account, but I've been playing with a physical copy of the game that I own. I'm not worried about trophies, I just want to be able to play my damn game on my own PSN account. D:

Hollycat
09-27-2013, 02:08 AM
If it was a physical copy then the only way to play with his save was to remove the card before the icon was deleted. If the icon is deleted while the card is in the system, the data can only be recovered by the original psn account, and only if it was uploaded to either a PS3, a PC or PS+.

CimminyCricket
09-27-2013, 02:46 AM
I uploaded the save and all the data to my PC before I reformatted the memory card and the vita. How do I recover? I have his pass and stuff, so not worried about that.

Hollycat
09-27-2013, 02:57 AM
You would have to be logged in as him on the Vita, put the card in, and then import the save using CMA. Then before you switch accounts back to yours, take the game card out of the top of the VITA.

If that doesn't work, it means you broke something.

What game is it?

CimminyCricket
09-27-2013, 03:00 AM
Disgaea 3

Hollycat
09-27-2013, 03:06 AM
Now I see why you don't want to restart, my save on that is at 150+ hours, if I lost that I would give up.

CimminyCricket
09-27-2013, 03:20 AM
Exactly. If it were skill based rather than time consuming I'd totally suck it the smurf up and start over

also, do i need to reformat the memory card before or after to keep the save?