PDA

View Full Version : Game for Shorty

Jiro
09-30-2013, 06:26 AM
It's called "Spot the Hipster". When you are out and about, spot hipsters and decide if they're a good or bad kind of hipster; there is a difference. I'll grant that spotting a bad hipster is far easier. Bonus points for spotting a hipster chick, who seem to be much harder to locate unless they are wearing gigantic glasses.

Do you entertain yourself with any games when out and about? People watching for anything in particular? Just discuss what it's like when you go outside those few times a month.

Agent Proto
09-30-2013, 06:42 AM
While I go out driving, I sometimes count the number of times I spot certain things. Like pedestrians, or a vehicles of a certain color, or whatnot. Makes driving around entertaining, but I still need to pay attention to the road. :P

Psychotic
09-30-2013, 07:15 AM
You can only really do this when going to London. If you dress like a hipster in most other places then the chavs will probably say "you fookin startin you fookin poof, you avin a giggle mate?" repeatedly until you walk off. Incidentally, spot the chav is always a fun pastime. A wee bit 2005 now but I guess it's a classic now, like Monopoly.

Shorty
09-30-2013, 07:19 AM
There are no hipsters in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, so I don't get to play this game.

Quindiana Jones
09-30-2013, 08:18 AM
It's in Idaho and it's called Coeur d'Alene. That right there is a hipster town.

Psychotic
09-30-2013, 08:49 AM
It's in Idaho and it's called Coeur d'Alene. That right there is a hipster town.She even gets snooty about the pronunciation.

Jiro
09-30-2013, 09:20 AM
Shorty, surely you own a mirror. Look in it; congratulations, you've found a hipster!

Loony BoB
09-30-2013, 09:31 AM
You can only really do this when going to London. If you dress like a hipster in most other places then the chavs will probably say "you fookin startin you fookin poof, you avin a giggle mate?" repeatedly until you walk off. Incidentally, spot the chav is always a fun pastime. A wee bit 2005 now but I guess it's a classic now, like Monopoly.
As you can verify from your people-watching from your hotel room, you can dress pretty weirdly in Edinburgh and nobody will confront you over it. :D

I love people watching. I don't tend to make a game of it, although Danielle and I are happy to rate the physical appearance of random people we pass by on occasion. Haven't done that in a while, mind you. But people watching is great when you're on the top of a double decker bus and you can randomly watch all the goings-on below, particularly on Princes Street which is always busy.

Pheesh
09-30-2013, 09:47 AM
As you can verify from your people-watching from your hotel room, you can dress pretty weirdly in Edinburgh and nobody will confront you over it. :D

I love people watching. I don't tend to make a game of it, although Danielle and I are happy to rate the physical appearance of random people we pass by on occasion. Haven't done that in a while, mind you. But people watching is great when you're on the top of a double decker bus and you can randomly watch all the goings-on below, particularly on Princes Street which is always busy.

How do you make the same topic of discussion everyone has been talking about sound so much more creepy?

Loony BoB
09-30-2013, 09:52 AM
I'm genuinely unaware that people find that creepy, because I've done it with so many people - including various EoFFers - that I thought it was normal.

Jiro
09-30-2013, 09:58 AM
No, it's just how you make it sound.

Loony BoB
09-30-2013, 10:12 AM
So basically you guys just think I'm creepy no matter what I say. Hmm...

Love your hair, Phil. Keep it that way. I like it. :)

Pheesh
09-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Dear god...

Denmark
09-30-2013, 02:43 PM

well, as an ignorant American, I was under the impression that all Scottish people wear kilts all the time. is this true please confirm y/n

sometimes when I'm driving and know how far my exit is, I'll calculate how long it will take me to reach it and thus what time I'll reach it based on my current rate of travel and current location. and I'll recalculate whenever I feel like it and compare.

Jinx
09-30-2013, 03:26 PM

well, as an ignorant American, I was under the impression that all Scottish people wear kilts all the time. is this true please confirm y/n

sometimes when I'm driving and know how far my exit is, I'll calculate how long it will take me to reach it and thus what time I'll reach it based on my current rate of travel and current location. and I'll recalculate whenever I feel like it and compare.

I play a time game a lot too, but it's more like, "How much time can I kill at work by doing x, and how fast/slow do I have to do it so that I'm actually doing something, but not working so fast that I run out of things to do too quickly."

Old Manus
09-30-2013, 03:40 PM
When I walk through Cardiff city centre every lunchtime, I play a game to try and guess how many times I will be accosted by chuggers. The record so far is 7.

Shauna
09-30-2013, 04:22 PM

n kilts are usually worn on special occasions, not regular day to day wear

I'm not sorry.

theundeadhero
09-30-2013, 05:14 PM
What more reason do you need than, "It's Wednesday. Let's celebrate!"

Denmark
09-30-2013, 05:16 PM
what kind of sick bastard celebrates it being wednesday

and i swear to god if you link me that goddamned camel

Psychotic
09-30-2013, 05:29 PM
When I walk through Cardiff city centre every lunchtime, I play a game to try and guess how many times I will be accosted by chuggers. The record so far is 7.Ahhh, chuggers. What tactics do you have for avoiding them? I confess that once I held my nose, acted like I had smelled something bad and carried on walking once. I am an immature arsehole.

Jiro
09-30-2013, 05:33 PM
I am not familiar with chuggers. My analysis leads me in the direction of people sculling beers but I'm not sure how likely this event is. In any case, avoiding people on the street is easy; you think about Loony BoB calling soup a drink and you should have a nice expression somewhere between confusion and anger and if you foam at the mouth a little nobody will ever want to speak with you.

Scientifically proven.

Shorty
09-30-2013, 05:41 PM
It's in Idaho and it's called Coeur d'Alene. That right there is a hipster town.She even gets snooty about the pronunciation.

That's because you pronounce it "car duh leen" or some shit and it's like nails on a chalkboard. :colbert:

Slothy
09-30-2013, 05:44 PM

That's because you pronounce it "car duh leen" or some shit and it's like nails on a chalkboard. :colbert:

That's how people there pronounce it? Feel free to smack some of them for me because even seeing it written that way made me cringe.

Psychotic
09-30-2013, 05:54 PM

That's because you pronounce it "car duh leen" or some trout and it's like nails on a chalkboard. :colbert:Curr-duh-aleen.

...but wait... do you pronounce it the French way...? Like, say... Pantene....? Oh ho. Oh ho ho ho.

Shorty
09-30-2013, 05:55 PM
You know how I pronounce it! It's not like Pantene. :doublecolbert:

Pike
09-30-2013, 05:57 PM
CORR-DA-LANE.

Sephex
09-30-2013, 06:01 PM
The correct pronunciation is Frank Zappa.

Shorty
09-30-2013, 06:02 PM
"I live in Frank Zappa, Idaho."

That's hipster as trout, friend.

Sephex
09-30-2013, 06:16 PM
"I live in Frank Zappa, Idaho."

That's hipster as trout, friend.

http://www.orartswatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/manos_the_hands_of_fate_2.png

Old Manus
09-30-2013, 07:44 PM
When I walk through Cardiff city centre every lunchtime, I play a game to try and guess how many times I will be accosted by chuggers. The record so far is 7.Ahhh, chuggers. What tactics do you have for avoiding them? I confess that once I held my nose, acted like I had smelled something bad and carried on walking once. I am an immature arsehole.I used to get creative and tell them "Sorry, I'm vegetarian" or something along those lines, but the constant onslaught has left me jaded and now I just give them a "Not today mate" or try and hide behind a group of people as I walk past. I haven't quite reached the point where I've started telling them to just smurf off yet, but it is overdue.

fire_of_avalon
10-01-2013, 03:06 AM
I think I've mentioned this before, but my sister and I invented this game when we were teenagers called "Beat That." To play you need at least two people who are relatively sane. While you and your partner(s) in the game are out and about, you passively look for ostentatiously bad clothing, accessories, anything wearable. Whomever starts the game will see someone wearing something hideous like, say, granny square crochet cardigan in lime green and aqua. The first to spot the offending item gestures towards it and declares "beat that." The other person has to find something uglier. And we escalate from there.

We don't really keep a good score, but one day I won right off the bat with a pair of pants that looked like wallpaper. It makes for great people watching fun.

krissy
10-01-2013, 03:34 AM
this is me as a hipster
http://i.imgur.com/uFvkQXl.png

Hipster Dress Up ~ Doll Divine (http://www.dolldivine.com/hipster-dress-up-game.php)

edit who are we kidding that's me every day
arcade fire up on the roof of this 1000 mile house with army navy fighting it like a wolf brigade