PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking of going outside but it's raining

Pike
09-30-2013, 06:10 PM
and the rain gets all over my glasses and eh.

I prefer to enjoy the rain from the comfort of my home where it's nice and cozy!

Do you like going out in the rain, or would you rather stay indoors and feel all comfy?

Shauna
09-30-2013, 06:15 PM
I don't like being out in the rain. It is cold and windy and I'd rather not be absolutely drenched when I'm just stepping outside. :(

Shiny
09-30-2013, 06:21 PM
I hate the rain and snow. The rain is the worse in big cities because the wind is ten times as strong so my umbrella gets ruined. I am definitely investing in a rain coat with a good hoodie this year.

Psychotic
09-30-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm British. The choice is either go out in the rain, or be a shut-in hermit.

Pike
09-30-2013, 06:23 PM

One of these is the better choice.

Make the right choice, my friend.

Shorty
09-30-2013, 06:26 PM
I love love love the rain, but I would prefer to enjoy it sitting cozy inside with the door or windows open.

Slothy
09-30-2013, 06:29 PM
I like being out in the rain when biking, but otherwise I prefer to be inside. Not because I mind being in the rain itself, I just hate having to change immediately after if its something of a heavy rain.

Psychotic
09-30-2013, 06:31 PM

Make the right choice, my friend.Yes but then I can't engage in my country's favourite pastime of moaning about the weather.

Dat Matt
09-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Personally, I love the rain. But not being in it cause Scottish Weather is cold.

If there is a rainstorm at night, I like to leave the window slightly open so I can hear it. Rain sounds cool.

Slothy
09-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Bit like saying you'd have to stick your hand in a meat grinder to be able to tell people it would hurt.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-30-2013, 06:41 PM
I like running in the rain, and a few other things. I usually like the rain, unless it's torrential or very cold. Then it's crummy. :(

Slothy
09-30-2013, 06:47 PM
Is rain ever not cold? What sort of places do you people live in and what is this witchcraft?

Sephex
09-30-2013, 06:50 PM
I prefer to remain all comfy indoors while it is raining. This is especially the case if I am playing a video game. Nice and cozy.

noxious.sunshine
09-30-2013, 07:04 PM
Rain is typically -not- cold here in the Summer.... Or in Phoenix during "monsoon season".... Unless things have changed drastically since 06.

If anything, it cranks up the temp afterwards and then its all muggy, hot, and gross.

I like to stay inside and sleep. People get retarded when it rains.

Shauna
09-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Is rain ever not cold? What sort of places do you people live in and what is this witchcraft?

When I visited Florida it was the weirdest thing being out in their rainstorms because the rain was actually fairly warm. My brain couldn't handle it.

Slothy
09-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Around here, even in the midst of 30+ degree summers, rain is the thing we look forward to to bring the temperature back down.

theundeadhero
09-30-2013, 08:05 PM
Riding a motorcycle is the rain feels a lot like letting someone throw gravel at your face. It's not fun at all.

What were you going to do outside, Pike?

noxious.sunshine
09-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Ew. I used to try jetskiing in the rain when I was younger. That junk hurts like a mofo.

Freya
09-30-2013, 09:00 PM

Make the right choice, my friend.Yes but then I can't engage in my country's favourite pastime of moaning about the weather.
I thought it was moaning about everything not just the weather?

I love rain. I jump in puddles and splash and even when I drive, I do a very unsafe thing. When I go through a big puddle I take my hands of the wheel and clap in excitement. I can't help it, it's so much fun and puddles and splashes and weeeeee!

Bunny
09-30-2013, 09:42 PM

Do it on the internet. That's why Al Gore invented it!

I love going out in a light drizzle. Heavy rains are nice to watch inside. Most of my state is kinda tired of the rain though.

Slothy
09-30-2013, 10:42 PM

I thought it was moaning about everything not just the weather?

I love rain. I jump in puddles and splash and even when I drive, I do a very unsafe thing. When I go through a big puddle I take my hands of the wheel and clap in excitement. I can't help it, it's so much fun and puddles and splashes and weeeeee!

It was nice knowing you Freya. I'm going to miss you. :(

Rantz
09-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Depends on the rain! If the mood calls and it's not too cold or windy, being out in the rain can be great. Staying inside when it rains is great for all types of rain, and gets proportionally better with the amount of downpour.

Tigmafuzz
09-30-2013, 11:26 PM
I was thinking of going outside, but the government is shutting down.

I love walking in the rain though.

fire_of_avalon
10-01-2013, 02:58 AM
I like to be in the rain if I am either adequately prepared (with a warm raincoat and appropriate footwear) or if it doesn't matter how presentable I am afterwards. It's nice to walk and get soaked in a cool summer rain, as long as you can wear dry clothes afterwards and not have to see people. Otherwise it's nice to sit on the front porch and watch a driving rain.

Rain makes the best sleeps, though. I love when we're in for a night full of rain. I open my windows just enough to get a breeze and the sounds, not enough to soak the carpet, then I snuggle in and get the best sleeps.

Elskidor
10-01-2013, 03:04 AM
Rain doesn't bother me usually. I enjoy a light sprinkle and not a heavy shower, but prefer it to also be nice and sunny when it rains, for that I loath gloomy skies. Windy weather is my most hated though. I hate fierce winds with a fiery passion.

Tigmafuzz
10-01-2013, 03:31 AM
appropriate footwear

But running barefoot in the rain is the best.

Flaming Ice
10-01-2013, 03:37 AM
I like being out in the rain......especially since not a lot of people are walking about too.

Even better when people are standing nearby! :)

Shorty
10-01-2013, 03:41 AM
appropriate footwear

I bet you ran around the slippery tile surrounding swimming pools as a kid, too. Would explain a lot.

Slothy
10-01-2013, 04:33 AM
appropriate footwear

Running barefoot is the best in any weather. Except maybe a heatwave if you plan to run on asphalt.

Tigmafuzz
10-01-2013, 04:46 AM
appropriate footwear

I bet you ran around the slippery tile surrounding swimming pools as a kid, too. Would explain a lot.

I was too poor as a kid to run around pools with tiles unlike you, Richie Rich.

appropriate footwear

Running barefoot is the best in any weather. Except maybe a heatwave if you plan to run on asphalt.

I live in a permanent heatwave :(

Aulayna
10-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Rain is a way of life in Ireland.

Pike
10-01-2013, 10:35 AM
What were you going to do outside, Pike?

Hux and I were going to walk down the road to the store but we put it off for a couple of hours until it quit raining. All's well that ends well!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-01-2013, 11:15 AM
I absolutely love the rain. I love to drive in it, to run in it. I love to just walk about and enjoy it falling on my face. It is a magical thing.

I believe the correct term is pluviophile. :)

Calliope
10-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I moved from somewhere with 48 inches of annual rainfall to somewhere with 34 - so it doesn't seem that rainy here. It's a pain if I'm doing volunteer work, or if I have to dry my glasses, but otherwise the rain doesn't really phase me. Besides, no-one even dries their laundry outside here!

Jess
10-01-2013, 07:02 PM
I only like the rain when I'm in my bed and I can hear it hammering on the window.

Umbrellas hate me and always turn inside out :mad2:

Jowy
10-02-2013, 01:45 AM
Given where I live, the rain is inevitable. I don't mind it so much; the overcast weather and light rain is rather calming.

Drift
10-02-2013, 01:56 PM
As long as I stay dry while it's raining I don't mind too much. Like most people I enjoy watching it through a window too

Shaibana
10-04-2013, 03:00 PM
i love the smell of rain in the evening when im in bed.

Pike
10-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Update: I am now thinking of going outside but it's snowing.

theundeadhero
10-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Snow isn't rain so you might be okay.