PDA

View Full Version : There is more on the menu than pants tonight!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-01-2013, 01:05 AM
I swear I eat regular food too. In fact, I am going to make this thread a food story that I update regularly.
I am doing this a) as motivation to eat healthier and b) to lose a bit of chub and start looking damned sexy again!
All the meals I will be cooking are pretty healthy. Designed to not make you fat. And combined with proper amounts of excercise, can help get you in excellent shape (I have done this 'diet' before, and it works pretty well). Assuming one can stick with it. Which is usually my problem. Eating out too much and getting lazy. Hopefully this will help counteract all that.
Plus, it means I get to shop at the local market, where two beautiful hippie girls work. Not my usual type, but I like them.
So, without further ado, the meals that I have prepared for this week!

Meal numero one!
Pan Fried Porkchops with steamed Broccoli and Carrots.

Ingredients:
2 Pork chops
1/2 slice of bacon chopped into bits
1/2 handful of chopped onion
1/2 handful of chopped pepper
1 carrot
Some amount of broccoli (how does one measure broccoli?)
Sea Salt
Ground Pepper
Garlic Powder
Cooking Oil
Mmmmm.

First, I 47862 threw some bacon bits, onions, and green peppers, all chopped up nice and small, into a pan (this is mostly just for extra flavoring). With some oil. I used almond oil, you can use veggie oil or canola or whatever pleases you. While that was warming up over a medium heat, I prepared the pork chops.
For the pork chops I covered both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, rubbing it in well. Once the bacon and oil starts popping, it is time to drop those bad boys in!
Now, I like to use tongs, so I can maneuver the pork around and pick it up with ease. We want to fry these pigs up until they are a nice golden brown, and then flip and repeat with the heat until the other side is golden brown.
47863 MmmmmmMmm good.

Now, once you initially flip your pork, you should start a pot to boiling with about an inch of water in it. While it is heating up and your porks getting an even tan, it is time to prep the veggies.
Cut them up into nice bite sized pieces. And then put them in a super cool ufo like machine and drop them in your pot of boiling water. Cover it up and let boil for 5 minutes.

Once everything is all done, put it on couple plates and serve. Or put it in the fridge for later this week, like I did.

Super Awesome Meal Number Dos!
Baked Chicken Thighs and Steamed Asparagus

Ingredients!
5 Asparagus
4 Chicken Thighs (or however many you wish to cook)
1/2 slice of bacon, chopped into bits
1/2 handful of bell pepper, chopped into bits
1/2 handful of onion, chopped into bits
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder

I cheated a bit on this one, being as I had the bacon, onion, and bell pepper handy already. But it is still delicious.
Preheat the oven! 350 degrees!
Prep the chicken!
I set my four thighs on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil for an easy clean up. Now, peel back the layer of skin carefully from the chicken thighs. Salt, pepper, and garlic powder the heck out of the chicken under that skin. Now sprinkle in some of that bacon and bell pepper and onion.
Now put that layer of delicious skin back over all of that. Add more salt, pepper, and garlic powder on top of the skin.
Now bake it at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until the juices run clear! The chicken should come out to be about 165 degrees.

Now do to the asparagus exactly what you did to the broccoli.

Delicious.

I hope you all enjoyed this. I will add more upon my next cooking venture. It may be short while though, because I cook in bulk for the week!
Or maybe I will show you all what I do for breakfasts...

fire_of_avalon
10-01-2013, 03:22 AM
Yes, breakfasts. Especially bulk breakfasts. I need to know more bulk breakfasts.

10-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Right. Breakfast. I have plans for a bulk breakfasting, which I will be obtaining the ingredients for shortly. So you shall have your wish.

Psychotic
10-02-2013, 07:25 AM
CHOW!

noxious.sunshine
10-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Bulk breakfast for me usually involves cooking up nearly an entire tube of chorizo, scrambling eggs in there, and throwing in some black beans. Lasts for like 3 days with corn tortillas and fried taters.

10-02-2013, 08:31 PM
One of my bulk breakfast is similar to yours noxi, but I am being pretty strict about my diet and the things I can and can't eat. Unfortunately, I am cutting out potatoes for this month.
Except for cheat days. Cheat days I can eat whatever I want.

10-03-2013, 12:17 AM
My thread, I can double post if I wish to do so.

Anyhow. I made a bulk breakfast tonight. Didn't take very long to prepare either. But I am not going to put it up tonight. I won't put it up until I know it is good. Which I hope it is, because I just made five days worth.

So, hopefully, a new update concerning breakfast will be updated on the morrow.

noxious.sunshine
10-04-2013, 04:45 AM
Well yeah, potatoes are starchy and carby. And chorizo is loaded with fat. But it's cheap. So. Yeah.

I looooooove. Egg white omelettes. With sauteed spinach & asparagus... Omg. With a lil bit of baby swiss or goat cheese... Nomnomnom.

fire_of_avalon
10-05-2013, 02:26 AM
Get out of here, you hungry-making she-devil.

noxious.sunshine
10-05-2013, 05:26 AM
Who me!? What? I didn't do it I swear!!