PDA

View Full Version : 3DS Games

Jinx
10-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Denmark and I are getting prepared for Pokemon X & Y, but are there any other great 3DS games you've played that you'd recommend?

Shauna
10-01-2013, 04:25 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed Virtue's Last Reward. It is a sequel to 999, so you might wanna play that...

Theatrhythm is also pretty cool if you like FF musics.

Bolivar
10-01-2013, 04:31 PM
Fire Emblem Awakening - very accessible and fun SRPG with tons of free add-on content everywhere you turn. Should have co-op for you guys.

Etrian Odyssey IV - very good if you want a pure dungeon-crawling, party-customizing RPG. There isn't much story to string you along and the first bit is a tad repetitive; is easy to lose interest and it's not for everyone. Check out the free demo on the e-shop, though (Oh yeah play demos!)

As you might expect, Super Mario 3D Land is a delightfully magical game.

New Zelda coming out next month! Bravely Default, essentially Square's return to Playstation-era Final Fantasy, is coming early next year. Enjoy!

Freya
10-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Theatryhthm is awesome. Animal crossing is fun. Zelda too. Get kingdom hearts 3d as well.

NeoCracker
10-01-2013, 05:03 PM
If you haven't played them, the DS's Devil Survivor Games are brilliant, and the 3DS does have the overclocked remake.

Project Xzone was great fun as well.

Skyblade
10-01-2013, 05:32 PM
I'd like to start by pointing out something no one else has yet: Rune Factory 4 comes out today. I haven't played it yet (won't get it until this evening), but RF3 was one of the best games on the DS, so I am very much looking forward to it.

Fire Emblem Awakening is the current game of the year in my mind, and so far the best game on the console.

Project X Zone isn't perfect, but it is very fun.

If you like ports, both Starfox 64 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D are really good.

NeoCracker
10-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Picking up my Rune Factory 4 a bit later this afternoon. :p

Freya
10-01-2013, 05:48 PM
The donkey Kong game is fun. Still frustrating though. Stupid monkey.

Del Murder
10-01-2013, 05:54 PM
I second Fire Emblem Awakening and Theatrhythm.

Pike
10-04-2013, 04:03 PM
I find myself really wanting a 3DS. I know I shouldn't spend the money and I've already got a giant backlog but mmffffff.

Jinx
10-04-2013, 04:21 PM
BUT NEW POKEMANZ PIKE

Pike
10-04-2013, 04:50 PM
I can't play the new Pokemon yet because I'm criminally behind in Pokemon games. The last gen I played was 3rd gen and I didn't finish it.

Shauna
10-04-2013, 04:56 PM
The sequel to LoZ:aLttP is coming in November! ~How exciting for Zelda fans~

Skyblade
10-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I can't play the new Pokemon yet because I'm criminally behind in Pokemon games. The last gen I played was 3rd gen and I didn't finish it.

You are missing out.

4th Gen is far superior to 3rd. Sinnoh is an amazing locale, and the games are a blast to play (especially Platinum). Plus it has Cynthia, easily the best NPC in the series (though some people will debate me on that with Gen V's N).

5th Gen made some truly brilliant changes that just polish the whole experience. While a lot of the Pokémon (especially the early ones) are silly looking, if you can get past that, it is easily one of the most well-executed entries of the series. Even if there's not enough Cynthia (she's there, but only as a minor character in post-game).

I'm really excited for Gen 6th, because I'm hoping they'll make the same sort of refinements that Gen 5 made. After playing Pokémon games for so long, you get used to some of the things before they change, and then you find yourself asking "what took that so long to implement". While Gen 5 is a grand masterpiece of refined mechanics compared to the rest of the series, there are still things they could take farther.

Also, Rune Factory 4 is very fun and well worth getting. I'm not quite sure if it's as good as RF3, but that's mostly because I'm still very early on and getting the hang of the new systems.

Bolivar
10-04-2013, 05:50 PM
I've seen x n y reviewing very well...I might have to keep a closer eye on it

Freya
10-04-2013, 05:57 PM
I hated the gen that was pearl I believe. All those were lame Pokemon

NeoCracker
10-04-2013, 05:59 PM
RF 3 is definately superior to 4, though 4 is still great fun.

I've cleared out most of the plot before Spring has even ended, and the characters don't really hold a candle to those of RF 3, which was really the thing that sold me on the series.

So long as you aren't expecting 4 to live up to 3, you'll have yourself a good time. :p

Skyblade
10-04-2013, 06:26 PM
RF 3 is definately superior to 4, though 4 is still great fun.

I've cleared out most of the plot before Spring has even ended, and the characters don't really hold a candle to those of RF 3, which was really the thing that sold me on the series.

So long as you aren't expecting 4 to live up to 3, you'll have yourself a good time. :p

That's a shame. 3 was awesome. And they brought Raven back (best character in the series), even if only as a visitor to town!

I do see what you mean, though. The characters seem more subdued than RF3's town. Most of them don't even have the completely off-the-wall quirks that helped really make the other characters in the series (especially RF3) stand out. Apart from Clorica, Bado, and Illuminata, I'd say you were in a town of normal, regular people (even Porcoline is vastly more down to earth than the other Saint-Coquelles).

And I just realized that I'm prepared to discuss this for another three hours, so let's just make a Rune Factory topic, shall we? :D

EDIT: Trying to make a new thread, but I don't know where to begin! There's so much to talk about!

...Also, Forte is awesome. She helped me beat the first boss on Hard Mode (on day 2).

NeoCracker
10-04-2013, 11:25 PM
I made a thread for RF4 already. :p