PDA

View Full Version : Rise & Shine!

Jess
10-02-2013, 06:31 PM
Are you a morning person, or are you grumpy in the morning? Do you wake up with or without an alarm clock? Do you jump out of bed 15 minutes before you have to be out the door? Tell me about your morning routine!

I wake up around 6.30-6.45 (depending on how many times I press the snooze button) and leave at 8.30 for work. I'm like a zombie in the morning, so I get up and plod around so that I feel alive by the time I leave for work.

The first thing I do every morning is have a shower. I can't function before my shower.

It has been known for me to turn off my alarm whilst half asleep and instantly fall asleep again. Then I'll wake up half an hour before I have to leave, resulting in panic and chaos.

I'm not really grumpy in the mornings, but I always feel soooo tired and sleepy. I never wake up feeling fully rested and ready for the day ahead. I usually just want to close my eyes and go back to sleep!

Quindiana Jones
10-02-2013, 06:35 PM
I'm always grumpy, and often I don't even get up in the morning, so I really feel excluded by this thread. :(

Shorty
10-02-2013, 06:58 PM
I sleep until the last possible moment I have before waking up. But I am generally programmed to wake up around 8am.

I'm not grumpy in the mornings but I am very, very lazy, and it takes me a good long while to get energy flowing.

Slothy
10-02-2013, 07:12 PM
I sleep until the last possible moment I have before waking up.

Me and my family have done this for years. We get up at the last possible moment to not end up late for work/school/whatever every morning.

But once I am up I'm, I guess I don't want to say grumpy, but not happy may be a better term. I hate mornings and generally dislike people talking to me for the first hour or two after I get up unless it's either very important, or I really like them.

I was less pleasant in my teen years though. Threatening to kill my parents for speaking to me after I'd just woken up was a common occurrence.

noxious.sunshine
10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
I used to wake up about an hour before having to be at work so I could make myself eat breakfast, take a shower, etc.

But then I got it timed perfectly so that I could be showered, dressed, and ready within 15 minutes - that includes getting my long ass hair mostly blow-dried and putting on makeup.

Doesn't mean I'm awake though.
If I wake up on my own, I'm not a grouch, but I don't talk much either for a bit. But if someone other than my kid wakes me up before I'm ready to get up, I will kill them.

Shiny
10-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Usually 9:30 or 10:30am is my wake up time. I use to hate having to wake up at 6:30am for morning classes. I can function well waking up around 9 or 10am though.

Pike
10-02-2013, 08:47 PM
I wake up at 3am because my work shift starts at 4am. Once you get used to it it's not bad, although it's certainly not something I'd want to do for more than a few years.

Assuming I go to bed on time and sleep through the night I generally feel alright upon waking up :)

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-02-2013, 08:57 PM
I get up at 5:40 am and let my dog outside to do his business. Take a shower, brush teeth and shave face. Feed and water my dog. Let dog inside. Get dressed. Sit around staring at computer and drinking my morning glass of water. Then I leave and am out the door at 6:15 am.

Pike
10-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I'm impressed that you can do all of that in 35 minutes, it takes me 45 just to eat breakfast.

Jess
10-02-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm also impressed. Sometimes it takes me that long to muster the energy to move from my bed to the shower.

10-02-2013, 11:26 PM
And that is me taking a long shower.
If I wake up late I am up and out the door in 8 minutes flat. Shower, shave, brush teeth, feed dog, and gel hair real quick to make it look like I wasn't in a rush.

Shorty
10-02-2013, 11:36 PM
I'm impressed that you can do all of that in 35 minutes, it takes me 45 just to eat breakfast.

Are you chasing around a pig to slaughter for your bacon? What are you eating that takes 45 minutes, silly!

Madonna
10-03-2013, 12:14 AM
I...I think she chews her food.

I am not a morning person, though getting up is no problem; being cheery is the issue. On a work day, I wake up minutes before my alarm, wait for it to go off, kill it, stumble into a shower and brush my teeth in there, come out, drink a glass or two of water, mouthwash, and dress. If I have some free time, I sit around and read until I have to leave. From becoming conscious to arriving at work, this takes an hour. On my days off, pretty much the same, sans alarm and job.

Jessweeee♪
10-03-2013, 01:08 AM
I just don't do well with having my sleep interrupted. If only I could just wake up whenever, put in eight hours, then go home and repeat :(

Slothy
10-03-2013, 01:51 AM

Are you chasing around a pig to slaughter for your bacon? What are you eating that takes 45 minutes, silly!

Seriously. Five minutes to cook a rare steak, five to eat. Done.

Shiny
10-03-2013, 02:52 AM
I get up at 5:40 am and let my dog outside to do his business. Take a shower, brush teeth and shave face. Feed and water my dog. Let dog inside. Get dressed. Sit around staring at computer and drinking my morning glass of water. Then I leave and am out the door at 6:15 am.

How do men do this? My dad and boyfriend are also able to do a lot in a short span of time yet they are always late. Meanwhile I take forever yet I'm on time...hmmm.

Sephex
10-03-2013, 02:58 AM
4:10. Every morning for work. Monday through Friday. It's always dark out. But driving to work is relaxing, even on the express way. Also, I get out early in the day when most people with a regular scheduled job are only half way through their day.

fire_of_avalon
10-03-2013, 03:32 AM
First alarm is at 5:15 a.m. and most mornings I wake up, glare at the phone, consider going ahead and getting up, then hitting snooze and rolling over for another 15 minutes. At 5:30 a.m. I usually get up and shower. Sometimes I hit the snooze until 5:45 and that is very bad. I am out the door at 6:30 a.m. no matter what.

Psychotic
10-03-2013, 07:47 AM
I usually get up between 6:15 and 6:30 and then I arse about in the bathroom for 30-45 minutes. Then I arse about reading the news through Ceefax and making stupid posts on Eyes on FF like this one for about an hour and a half, interspersed with breakfast. I can't just dash out of the door.

Old Manus
10-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Then I arse about reading the news through CeefaxRIP

I get up at 7am and invariably feel like hell, whether I went to bed at 12 or 9. Shower, shave, get dressed, out the door at 7:50. No time for breakfast. If I did have it I'd need to be up at around half 6, and I made a solemn vow to never take a job where I need to be up before 7.

Drift
10-03-2013, 09:17 AM
i flip flop between sleeping past the alarm and waking up before the alarm. 20-30 mins in the bathroom. read facebook/twitter/instagram whilst having breakfast and then drive to work.

Loony BoB
10-03-2013, 09:53 AM
First alarm hits at 6:31am. That's when I prod Danielle (and snooze the alarm, which will go off every ten minutes until I leave the flat). 6:41am and the alarm strikes once again, so I prod Danielle and ensure she's actually awake. 6:51am and I actually tell Danielle to get out of bed, which she generally does at this point, although sometimes she'll wait 'til 7:01am, which is when I should get out of bed, and usually do. Sometimes I might wait 'til 7:11am.

I wash my hair every morning I go to work and I also check the PC every morning, so depending on whether or not Danielle is still in the shower, I'll go to the PC or to the shower. Whatever I get done first, the other will be done second. Getting clothed - at least the lower half of my body - is done immediately after the shower.

Normally between 7:30am and 7:50am I'll put in my contacts, brush my teeth, get the cat hair roller and remove any hairs from my clothes and then head out to work at between 7:50am and 8:00am. On the way to work, I'll chat with Danielle on the first bus while reading the paper (Metro, it's a free newspaper in the UK and is available on the bus) and read the paper on the second bus. If I finish reading the paper, I'll play FreeCell on my phone.

I'm normally fairly awake by the time I get to work, and while I can be grumpy in the mornings on occasion I don't carry my grumpiness into the workplace.

I don't really like mornings, I must say, but I think that's more due to not liking being tired more than anything.

Pike
10-03-2013, 10:20 AM

Seriously. Five minutes to cook a rare steak, five to eat. Done.

I eat slowly in the morning so I can browse the internet while I do so. I spend as long as possible eating and then throw on my clothes with about three minutes to go and walk out the door.

Also, I get out early in the day when most people with a regular scheduled job are only half way through their day.

I know this feel; I'm almost always done with work before noon :cool:

10-03-2013, 09:57 PM

How do men do this? My dad and boyfriend are also able to do a lot in a short span of time yet they are always late. Meanwhile I take forever yet I'm on time...hmmm.
I dunno. It is pretty easy. It isn't like it takes a lot of time to actually do anything I do. I just don't linger about and take my time with any of it. I just do it. And then leave.
And I am always in time. Actually, I am always early. Usually 25 minutes early, but I try and leave early enough so that if there is some crazy traffic, I will still be 15 minutes early anyways.

Shaibana
10-04-2013, 02:52 PM
my alarm go's of at 6:30, but usually i am awake somewhere around 5 so i can fall back to sleep again. after that i will be awake again about 15 minutes before the alarm. and thats exactly how i like it.

the fact that i wake up once earlyer works for me. being able to turn around and conciously and sleep some more is just great!
if i sleep all night through then i will feel much more tired when the alarm rings.

Moving on: when my alarm rings i snooze it and let it ring 1 or 2 times more, depending on my mood.
at 6:40 ill put the alarm off and get out of bed
the time between snoozes are 5 minutes, becaus 9 is to long and ill fall alseep.

then i get up, go the the toilet and put my clothes on. at 6:45 i am downstairs. i out the tv on to watch some news and get myself some breakfast.
at 6:55 i am out the door and in my car on my way to work.

i am pretty set on the time in the morning, i will get a little frustrated when i am 2-3 minutes late on my 'schedule'. thats why i hate it when my bf (once in a little while) get out at the same time and messes everything up with questions etc

i can even give you my driving schedule :P haha.