PDA

View Full Version : As we go on we remember

Shiny
10-03-2013, 03:10 AM
...that annoying song from Vitamin C.

Anyway, are any of you still friends with people from middle school, high school or college? I still have many college friends, but I'm noticing my list of high school friends is now dwindling. My best friends are actually from middle school and I have none from elementary.

theundeadhero
10-03-2013, 03:21 AM
I have friends from before we started school. elementary school, middle school, and high school. Also friends I made while going to college but not necessarily that I met at college.

fire_of_avalon
10-03-2013, 03:24 AM
My very best friends have been in my life for over 20 year, since early elementary school. Another very good friend since middle school. I don't have a lot of friends from high school that aren't them.

Slothy
10-03-2013, 03:25 AM
I'm still friends with three people from middle school, and most of my other friends I was friends with in high school then went to University with them as well. Not really close with anyone from earlier than that, but that's pretty much because I moved once I finished Elementary school.

krissy
10-03-2013, 03:35 AM
haha, no

noxious.sunshine
10-03-2013, 06:32 AM
No. Not anymore.

I had my very best friend since age 12 and no matter where Life took us, we always found each other again and it was always the same.

I saw her for the first time in... Oh god... We saw each other Uhm. I think 2 years ago. I honestly can't remember. I know my ex didn't go with us to my hometown that time. And I met her husband and youngest son for the first time ... Before that, I hadn't seen her since like 04/05.

She lost her husband in a terrible accident. I'd sent her my number way before when I moved to Texas and sent her msgs on FB via my moms account and no response. After her husband died, I added her to -my- account and she accepted, but deleted the post I put on her wall and never responded to anything I sent her (though she responded to my mom with no problem). So, I made the decision to just block her.

I have no connections to anyone in my past and I don't care to. I don't care what those assholes are doing now and I also have no reason to ever go back to my hometown. I have too much to worry about in the present and future to worry about the past.

Freya
10-03-2013, 06:46 AM
I occasionally talk to one friend from HS and occasionally my roommate from college. But really now. I just facebook stalk people and laugh how lame they are now.

Shorty
10-03-2013, 06:59 AM
My very best friend I met in seventh grade. I interact somewhat regularly with folks from my old group that I went to school with via Facebook. Some of them have gone crazy and dropped off the face of the earth.

At a guess, I probably talk to about 20 or 3% of the people I knew each year.

Psychotic
10-03-2013, 07:39 AM
In a random quirk of fate, the mother of one of my best friends at secondary school turned out to be my solicitor for buying my house. It was weird to hear about old friends and how one had got married and had a kid. I caught up with them after that but it was just a one off as I was leaving town anyway.

noxious.sunshine
10-03-2013, 07:45 AM
My sister... She is BFFs with everyone in the whole wide world. Seriously.

She has like 300+ friends on Facebook - people from highschool, college, church, sorority, whatever. She's even friends with kids that -I- went to school with that bullied me hardcore .... 'cuz she was friends with their older brothers & sisters.

Bunny
10-03-2013, 09:30 AM
My oldest current friend is from 10 years ago, though we do not really talk much since he lives in Washington and I live in Colorado, we both have separate lives, etc. I tend to not make, or keep, friends for that long. I have another friendship that is about 8-9 years old and then my wife who I have known for 7 years. Other than that, people tend to come and go easily enough. I'm fine with that.

Loony BoB
10-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Moving to the other end of the world kind of kills this for the most part. Nicky (Calliope) is the only true, genuine friend I have and keep up with that I knew in high school. However, I do keep in touch with a lot of other friends through Facebook exclusively. Oh, and I did get a wedding gift from Christine, who I actually knew since I was a little kid as we went to the same church, but I keep up with Christine to the tune of a few FB private messages every few months at a guesstimate. Beyond that, yeah, it's all just random comments on random Facebook updates (mostly by Stu), nothing much more. I was really close to Graham in high school but I'd say I'm much closer to Anna, his sister, these days because she and I actually bother to comment on each other's Facebook while G is just... well, I don't think he uses the internet so much, I guess. :p

If you count friends I started knowing while in high school that aren't actually from my high school, then you can add a buttload of EoFFers. :p If that only counts if I meet them in person then I can say that I met Tammy, Kelly and Jewels while I was still in high school and I keep up with them all to some extent, mostly Kelly as she's the most active online.

Shauna
10-03-2013, 09:49 AM
Not really. I don't mind, though.

Pike
10-03-2013, 10:18 AM
are any of you still friends with people from middle school, high school or college?

I think I have a couple of people on FB from each of those categories - more so from college - but most of them aren't very active on it and we don't talk much outside of it.

My best friends are all people I've met online. Such is life in the zone.

Elskidor
10-03-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm a hermit. I stick to my wife and child. I keep in touch with my old friends seldom, but I think my brother is a member of this message board..we don't talk either. People slip away no matter how many pacts you make to never drift to far apart. It's kinda sad.

Araciel
10-03-2013, 07:42 PM
FUCK those idiots.

Jess
10-04-2013, 12:23 AM
I didn't even meet my best friend until after I left school. She's older than me and didn't even go to the same school.

I am in touch with a fair few people from school, via Facebook. But most of my friends now are people I met after I left school or people I met through work! If I see somebody (that I liked) from school, I'd stop and have a chat, but nothing more than that.

Yerushalmi
10-10-2013, 08:27 AM
Living as I do on the other side of the planet from where I grew up, I have exactly one high school friend with whom I keep contact over the Internet, and exactly one friend from college.

Shaibana
10-10-2013, 10:31 PM
i have no maintained relationships from any school at all..
i had 1 'bff' at primary school who very suddenly dumped me in highschool becaus she wanted to become popular :S ... .. ..
i am just not a person that wants all the attention... well smurf her!:eep:
i have 0 contact with her whatsoever

then i went to another school (becaus they had the education that i wanted) there i did made some friends that have remained my friends.
after that they all went to different schools and i had no real friends for the rest of my school time.

i have not been the person that gets bullied or anything.
im that person that is just around :) and i liked it that way

Jiro
10-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Perhaps my age bracket skews this a little, but I met my best mate in preschool at the age of 5. I maintain regular contact with at least, what, four people from primary school, and a bunch more from high school. College is obviously different because I only just finished my undergrad and am still doing my masters but yeah I keep in touch with a few of 'em.

dat song though, what a friggin' depressing shit.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-11-2013, 12:17 AM
I've met all of my friends either online or at work.

I think I still have some of my high school friends on Facebook, but even so I haven't talked to them in a few years really. I don't talk to anyone from elementary or middle school. Still haven't gone to college yet.

I don't mind having mostly online friends. It has turned traveling into a potential long term hobby for me. I just flew to Vegas a month ago to meet my best friend and I loved every second of it.