PDA

View Full Version : What are your dream holidays/trips?

Loony BoB
10-04-2013, 10:33 AM
I won't include the honeymoon (New York & California only) because that's already going to happen, so it's not a 'dream holiday'. Anyway, Danielle and I have been talking about our options for holidays recently and these are the ones that have popped up most often...

1. North American Road Trip - this is my biggest want, but I don't think it'll actually happen for a very long time. I want to start in Toronto, then head east to Montreal, south to New York, down the east coast to Miami, through the Southern States (and perhaps a quick stint in Mexico) ensuring we go through Texas and of course Las Vegas before going to San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco and then North to Portland, Seattle and Vancouver. I suppose we could even start the trip in Chicago if we really wanted! But yeah, this is very much a pipe dream for now but who knows, maybe someday Danielle and I will find enough wealth to be able to afford such a journey. This would be a journey for both the places and the people we'd meet along the way, which will naturally be dominated by EoFFers. :D

2. Sweden & Norway - Maybe also Denmark (the country, not the member - we'll see him next year anyway, if all goes to plan :D), as was suggested to us by Rantz. The main goal, though, is definitely to see the beautiful sights up and down Sweden & Norway while also visiting our awesome friends Pontus, Lev and Sara.

3. Italy - We really want to go to Rome and also to a small town on the west coast of Italy to meet my great-uncle. He's keen to meet me as I'm the last person in our family tree to be able to carry on the Towns family name, and I'm keen to go to see him because I find it interesting that I have a great uncle who has popped up in Italy of all places, and also because the town he lives in is gorgeous. Hopefully we get the time to do this eventually!

4. Switzerland - Since meeting Raine at the wedding, Danielle and I have discussed the possibility of going to Switzerland a few times. Perhaps we could even link it in with the Italy trip somehow... dunno. Early stages for now but it would be nice to head down for a long weekend eventually. :)

5. More Spanish islands! - We adored Menorca and wouldn't mind going back, but we'd also be interested in heading to places like Ibiza and the Canary islands. We might do the latter this year if everything goes well.

Karifean
10-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Macalania Woods.

Oh, that's not what you meant? Well, I've always wanted to visit both Japan and the USA. I'm not even near able to fulfill those journeys though so I haven't yet thought about more specific destinations.

Quindiana Jones
10-04-2013, 12:15 PM
A Euro road trip would be considerably easier and cheaper than a NA one. You could start in Norward and drive down to Italy, for example, which would take you through Switzerland. :D

You don't even have to drive. Euro rail trips are often very affordable!

Loony BoB
10-04-2013, 12:22 PM
A Euro road trip would be considerably easier and cheaper than a NA one. You could start in Norward and drive down to Italy, for example, which would take you through Switzerland. :D

You don't even have to drive. Euro rail trips are often very affordable!
Yes, but Europe lacks the America. I can do short trips from Europe whenever! I'd like to do a massive 3-4 month journey through America someday, meeting the plethora of EoFFers I've gotten to know over the years while also enjoying the Americanity of it all, which I can't do in Europe.

As for the reason for not just doing one big trip in Europe - mostly because of work only allowing two weeks consecutive holiday combined with our desire to spend a little more time in each of those places rather than quickly driving through.

Shorty
10-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Paris. Always been Paris.

Slothy
10-04-2013, 01:12 PM
1. North American Road Trip - this is my biggest want, but I don't think it'll actually happen for a very long time. I want to start in Toronto, then head east to Montreal, south to New York, down the east coast to Miami, through the Southern States (and perhaps a quick stint in Mexico) ensuring we go through Texas and of course Las Vegas before going to San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco and then North to Portland, Seattle and Vancouver. I suppose we could even start the trip in Chicago if we really wanted! But yeah, this is very much a pipe dream for now but who knows, maybe someday Danielle and I will find enough wealth to be able to afford such a journey. This would be a journey for both the places and the people we'd meet along the way, which will naturally be dominated by EoFFers. :D

I would just like to point out that if you don't go farther east than Montreal then you will not meet me and that is unacceptable.

I want to do a North America road trip someday, but the time required, never mind the cost, is quite large. Even just driving straight from here to the Pacific would be almost a week, and you're not going to see everything you want to see or meet everyone you want to meet doing that.

Shaibana
10-04-2013, 02:39 PM
at this moment i would want to visit South-Korea for a 2NE1 or BigBang concert.

but besides that i would really want to visit Sweden again to go sledging with dogs again

Shiny
10-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Spain, Italy, Greece, Japan,Paris, San Francisco

Maybe Sweden and Hong Kong

Slothy
10-04-2013, 03:41 PM
I also really want to go to Venice, and probably some other places in Italy one day.

Miriel
10-04-2013, 05:39 PM
I already did part of my dream trip, and that was to Italy. And it went beyond my expectations. But we only did Tuscany (including Florence) for about a week and that wasn't nearly enough time in that beautiful country. Definitely need to go back to see the northern part of Italy and also the southern. And I desperately want to spend some time on the Amalfi Coast. THAT would be a dream trip.

My next dream trip is coming up in a few weeks: New Zealand!

We're going to see Hobbiton! I think I might die from the happiness. :D

It was a toss up between New Zealand or Thailand since both are places we've really wanted to go, but things being what they are, we thought it was best to go somewhere we speak the language (which is a first!) and so the next big dream trip will be Thailand. I also very much want to go to Norway/Sweden and also Bali.

Jinx
10-04-2013, 05:46 PM
India, Greece, and England.

Psychotic
10-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Monaco, Italy (Venice and Rome), Hawaii, Vegas and the desert, New York, the US North West such as Redwoods, Norway & Sweden, Iceland, China, Japan, the Annapurna circuit and Everest base camp in Nepal, Australia/New Zealand, Egypt.

Huh, I didn't realise I had so many places I wanted to see.

Hollycat
10-04-2013, 06:09 PM
I won't include the honeymoon (New York & California only) because that's already going to happen, so it's not a 'dream holiday'. Anyway, Danielle and I have been talking about our options for holidays recently and these are the ones that have popped up most often...

2. Sweden & Norway - Maybe also Denmark (the country, not the member - we'll see him next year anyway, if all goes to plan :D), as was suggested to us by Rantz. The main goal, though, is definitely to see the beautiful sights up and down Sweden & Norway while also visiting our awesome friends Pontus, Lev and Sara.

3. Italy - We really want to go to Rome and also to a small town on the west coast of Italy to meet my great-uncle. He's keen to meet me as I'm the last person in our family tree to be able to carry on the Towns family name, and I'm keen to go to see him because I find it interesting that I have a great uncle who has popped up in Italy of all places, and also because the town he lives in is gorgeous. Hopefully we get the time to do this eventually!

4. Switzerland - Since meeting Raine at the wedding, Danielle and I have discussed the possibility of going to Switzerland a few times. Perhaps we could even link it in with the Italy trip somehow... dunno. Early stages for now but it would be nice to head down for a long weekend eventually. :)

5. More Spanish islands! - We adored Menorca and wouldn't mind going back, but we'd also be interested in heading to places like Ibiza and the Canary islands. We might do the latter this year if everything goes well.

If you guys go with #1, I want to meet you when you come through Texas!

I really want to visit Tokyo, and right now it is the only thing on my bucket list.

noxious.sunshine
10-04-2013, 06:33 PM
We're going to NYC for a short trip, so that's one off the list. We won't get to do much, I don't think, though... Maybe.

I wanna road trip through the U.S. I wanna go NE up to Maine & Vermont and stuff and then up to Washington to tru the oysters my parents love so much, L.A. just cuz, back down to Phoenix and cruise all my old haunts, get trashed on Camelback mountain lol...

Otherwise, Ireland, Mexico, Japan, France, Italy, Spain, all that junk.

Raine
10-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Definitely New Zealand and Japan when I've got the moneyz..and guess I have to go to the US just once in my life just..because.

And I want to visit Canada and Ireland again, and also Scotland for more than a few days haha.

From my hometown it's actually just about 1.5 -2 hrs to northern Italy, should go there more often.

Jess
10-04-2013, 10:00 PM
I really really want to go to Japan.

My least favourite place that I've been to is Paris.

My favourite places that I've visited are some of the Greek Islands; Cyprus, Rhodes & Crete. Beautiful scenery, lovely weather, friendly people & amazing food.

I also want to see the Northern Lights, so Norway or Iceland would also be on my list of places to go!

Rantz
10-04-2013, 10:02 PM
The main goal, though, is definitely to see the beautiful sights up and down Sweden & Norway while also visiting our awesome friends Pontus, Lev and Sara.

I hate to pick out faults in sentences, but you're repeating yourself a bit there. ;)

I approve of all the Sweden aspirants! I'd be happy to put anyone who'd want to visit my humble abode up for a night or a week and proceed to not murder them in their sleep.

Iceland, Italy, NZ. India. Train holiday through Europe. Those are the ones that stand out in my mind off the top of my head, but there are few places in the world I'd pass up going to, given the right opportunity.

fire_of_avalon
10-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Well, the dream is basically to do what we could call the MegaPow world tour. In which I tour the world. And by the world, I mean every single significant cultural region. I wish I were smart enough and entertaining enough to be a travel writer, because then my job could be to go on the MegaPow world tour. All the time.

But to narrow it down from the Big, never gonna happen ever and that's horrible, dream, there are some highlights I'd like to take care of someday. I want to see "the northern lights" in person. I want to scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef. I want to go on a North American road trip. I want to spend time in Africa. I want to see Patagonia in Argentina & Chile and Macchu Picchu in Peru. I have a hard time narrowing it down. I'll probably never do any of it, but it's nice to dream sometimes.

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-07-2013, 03:00 PM
If anyone every goes to Eastern/Central Canada, you should contact me, I'm in Montreal! :D *looks at BoB and Raine*

Kyoto, Japan. OMFG I want this so bad. The history there! The shrines! *swoons*

Greece. This seems more likely given my boyfriend is Greek and he wants to go back to visit again sometime soon~

Laddy
10-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Paris, Tokyo, New York, Sydney, Cape Town.

Aulayna
10-07-2013, 03:51 PM
I'd love to visit Japan and South Korea at some point. TBH I'd love to just take a year out and go travelling in general.

I Took the Red Pill
10-07-2013, 06:59 PM

Maybe Sweden and Hong Kongcome bro out with me, I'm ~20 mins outside of HK

I want to go basically everywhere. At the top of the list are Germany and Japan, though, and hopefully I can visit one of these within the next year or so.

Shaibana
10-07-2013, 08:56 PM
lets all meet somewhere and start a massive world tour :P

Shiny
10-08-2013, 05:09 AM

Maybe Sweden and Hong Kongcome bro out with me, I'm ~20 mins outside of HK

I want to go basically everywhere. At the top of the list are Germany and Japan, though, and hopefully I can visit one of these within the next year or so.
Mmmkay, perfect chance to test out cigars I have. I'm supposed to be going next year. My friend's dad owns a hotel in HK so gonna stay there and venture abouts.

Cuchulainn
10-08-2013, 11:38 AM
I'd love to see Ireland someday.

Jiro
10-09-2013, 07:16 AM
Paris, Tokyo, New York, Sydney, Cape Town.

Sydney's not even good, go to Melbourne instead. :monster:

Drift
10-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Japan. Which I'm going to next year. or else.

Night Fury
10-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Ireland, Thailand, Vietnam, Japan, China.... Kind of everywhere!

HNB and I are doing a Euro tour next year though which will be awesome! :D

Marky Tee
10-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Ive just got back from a holiday to Orlando, did all the Disney parks, Universal, Sea World etc
Was fookin' brill but very hard work. Must have walked 10 miles a day easily.