PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed Animals

Shorty
10-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Most of us probably had stuffed animals as kids. What was the name of your favorite(s)? Do you still have them now?

Mine was a small bear named Edward. He is in storage, I think. When I had my own apartment, though, he was on display on a bookshelf.

Pike
10-04-2013, 04:12 PM
I still have a billion stuffed animals.

Particular favorites from my past include Music Bear, Monkey Bear, Susie the Rabbit, and Nala (from Lion King)

Jinx
10-04-2013, 04:21 PM
I have a special set in storage.

Sir Patrick the Polar Bear
Fernando the Pink Frog
Jerome the Christmas Moose
LeRoi (pronounced LeRoy) the Canadian Llama
Hanukkah Bear the Hanukkah Bear

These all have some great stories and memories behind them.

Shauna
10-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I have some up in my loft, but a few of mine are still floating around my bedroom. If Matt ever asked me to remove them I would say no. :stare:

My favourite was a deformed... thing... I don't know what it is to this day, inventively named Dolly. :3

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Yup. I have a teddy bear from when I was like 9 months old. His name is Bear. One of my dogs ate half of one of his ears once.
I still sleep with him.

Psychotic
10-04-2013, 05:23 PM
My first was a penguin called Poosie. The reason he was called this was because my brother had one called Percy and I was trying to emulate him but I couldn't say the word Percy as a baby!

noxious.sunshine
10-04-2013, 06:26 PM
I used to collect Ty beanie babies. I had the rare Peace Bear, the Princess Di, Germania, and a ton of others... Some that my mom paid a lot of money for. They're worthless now.

I have Teddy. I've had Teddy since I was 2 years old. My dad bought him for me after I fell and had to get my 2 front teeth pulled. Anytime I have to go somewhere overnight, Teddy goes with me. And if I'm sick or having a bad day, I still snuggle up with him. My dad was in shock when he saw that I still have it and even more shocked that he's still in good shape. Parker now sleeps with him at night when she's here. It's rly cute.

I used to have some of the old care bears stuffed animals too. XD braveheart lion, cheer bear, funshine bear.

Jess
10-04-2013, 09:49 PM
I had a little green frog that I loved. I also had a big collection of penguins! I can't remember any names and I don't think any are still around, unless they're at my parents' house.

Rantz
10-04-2013, 10:27 PM
This might sound pretty sad, but I don't think I ever had any stuffed animals! I have a vague recollection of a teddy bear but I think that was actually my brother's that he grew out of. On the plus side, I grew up on a farm, fed lambs from a bottle and cuddled ducklings instead. :D

Scotty_ffgamer
10-04-2013, 11:51 PM
I had a stuffed Siberian Husky named Navar (or something like that. Never really knew how to spell it). Named after the husky my family used to have before someone stole it. It probably still exists at my parents house. I actually had a ton of stuffed Pokemon as well. Blastoise, Charizard, and Poliwhirl moved with me to the house I'm living in for some reason.

fire_of_avalon
10-05-2013, 12:47 AM
I have Baby Grover. He used to have a cloth diaper that 1) signified his identity as Baby Grover and 2) get lost a long time ago. Baby Grover had some serious adventures. I have him to a boyfriend once as some kind of soppy sweet metaphor that I trusted him.

Yeah, I got my baby Grover back when that ended.

Now he lives with my nephew & niece.

Shaibana
10-10-2013, 10:39 PM
My tedybear is a christmas mouse named Piep.
my very first stuffed animal was a purple dog, but that was in the very first years.

Piep has died 2x. my mother managed to buy somewhere a new Piep and when that one died my sister found one on a flee-market.
the last one is still in my bedroom, though on the sideline becaus i am to scared that he will break. almost every seam has been sewed already, and he is now showing tiny holes in the middle of the fabric.

after that i replaced him for a guinea-pig wich bears the names of the guinea pigs that have been in my life. he is on the sideline too now and replaced with Yoshi ^^

i have loads of stuffed animals in my room, and i just cant get it over my heart to throw any of them away.

darcyzox
10-19-2013, 05:28 AM
I got a giraffe named Gaffy. :) Now you made me miss him.

Mahad
10-19-2013, 05:31 AM
At some forgotten point in time I had a stuffed animal or two, but that was ages ago and I can hardly remember it now.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-19-2013, 09:16 AM
I had plenty of stuffed animals in the past. I don't remember if I named any of them. They made great pillows and I think I made them talk to each other. Since they're usually bigger than action figures I made them act like the Zordon to my Power Rangers toys.

Ah, I did have this raccoon that I named Bud. I created him in a sewing class. I no longer have any stuffed animals. I imagine some are in storage somewhere, some went to my little brothers, and some were sold at yard sales. It'd be a shame if any got thrown away.

Chris
10-19-2013, 09:23 AM
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/304/8/f/disney_gummi_bears_plush_by_frieda15-d5jk01q.jpg

noxious.sunshine
10-19-2013, 09:55 AM
GUMMY BEARS!!!!!

I love you Chris, please give me!

Faris
10-19-2013, 09:58 AM
I have a small white bear that I use as a pillow. Had it since birth and it was the only stuffed toy that I absolutely had to make room for in my suitcase.

Iceglow
10-19-2013, 10:45 PM
I had a gorilla named Bongo. He was named that way because of how much I liked the juice drink "Umbongo" I don't have him anymore, he went to my brothers 3 son's when I was about 12.

I Took the Red Pill
10-19-2013, 11:08 PM
I had an awesome Sonic the Hedgehog stuffed animal. I don't remember when we parted ways or how, but thanks, old friend.

Laddy
10-23-2013, 10:41 PM
On the dresser at my parents' house I have several stuffed corgis. I receive them as gifts for some reason and I simply made a habit of collecting them.