PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Comic-con.

Hollycat
10-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Today is my first time going to a convention! My whole family is going. Any advice as what to do first? Any thing I should avoid? I need to know!

Tigmafuzz
10-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Go to Paula's house and drag her there with you. Make her carry you around on her shoulders. That's about the most fun you can have at a con.

Laddy
10-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Wear lots of deodorant. I'm serious; people at cons should be required to do this.
Ask people before touching them or taking their pictures. Not doing so could be perceived as rude and/or invasive. Respect others' personal space.
If you are planning to go to an event or panel, get there a good 45 minutes early if possible to guarantee entry.
Talk and meet people. Cons are an excellent opportunity to make friends with those with similar interests who could theoretically live relatively nearby.
Acknowledge that cons are filled with loads of people, with varying degrees of extroversion and social savvy.
Make sure you access to easy and quick food. Being hungry at cons sucks; wasting time getting food sucks as well.
Some dealers and artists have final day discounts and specials; so keep that in mind if you want something but feel stingy with your wallet.

Cons are loads of fun if you know what you're getting into. Some people go in unprepared and are miserable. Be prepared!