PDA

View Full Version : Home Alone

Jess
10-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Do you like being home alone? What do you do with your alone time?

If you live alone, do you like living alone?

I like being home alone, until bed time. I'm a poor sleeper anyway, and I can't sleep if my boyfriend isn't in bed & asleep first.

I usually use my time cleaning, catching up on tv shows and reading!

Dat Matt
10-04-2013, 09:56 PM
With the way our schedules work out, Shauna and I have 2 hours to ourselves each day. I get home from work about 6 and have till about 8 to myself.

I use the time to Relax. Read Reddit, Listen to crappy music on youtube, watch anime/play games if I fancy. It has been a while, but I don't mind sleeping alone. More room to sprawl out.

Rantz
10-04-2013, 10:22 PM
I really like living alone. My space feels pretty important to me and it's really comfortable to have a retreat just to myself. But then, the only people I've lived with aside from my family were crappy roomies!

Scotty_ffgamer
10-04-2013, 11:48 PM
I don't like being home alone for long periods of time. It gets too lonely for me.

I just watch shows and movies, play video games, and read when I'm home alone.

noxious.sunshine
10-04-2013, 11:48 PM
I liked living alone...

But when I was with my ex, I couldn't go to sleep unless he was in bed with me.

I love having alone time though. While my bf is at work, it's my time to get things done around the house, use the laptop, etc...

Shorty
10-05-2013, 12:27 AM
I get lonely and depressed when I live alone.

I like being alone in the house at times, though. Normally, I like the thought of other people around because it gives me comfort. It's hard for me to sleep in a house that's completely empty.

Slothy
10-05-2013, 12:40 AM
I don't really have problems with being alone, and I actually like being by myself for extended periods quite a bit sometimes. It is a bit dangerous though because after a while it can start to mess with your perception of time and make you experience some very different states of mind if you literally have no human contact long enough.

Eventually I do need to spend time with actual people though.

fire_of_avalon
10-05-2013, 12:44 AM
I'm not home alone very often, but when I am I use the time to watch whatever I want on TV and talk to myself without fear of judgement. I'm also much more productive when I'm alone.

Sephex
10-05-2013, 12:50 AM
I live alone, and I only see my girlfriend sporadically during the week. We see each other for most of every weekend, but we are usually away from my place then. I do have a nice, sweet cat that keeps me company, but unless I am into some video game, video, TV show, or website, I'll get a bit stir crazy.

My parent's is a short drive away, so I'll go visit there to rid myself of those feelings. I mean, even if I am really into any of what I listed above, being alone for a few days on end does get to me a bit. However, I don't mind it in the grand scheme of things. It's nice to have a place of my own.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-05-2013, 02:19 AM
I live alone now for the first time in my life.
It sucked at first because I was stuck on being alone.
But now I like it. Because I am alone.
I can do whatever I want! I can sit at home naked, or fully dressed.
Or do push ups and play Halo for hours.

I do what I want! :kakapo:

Calliope
10-05-2013, 04:36 PM
When I'm alone, it's time to play guitar!

Psychotic
10-05-2013, 05:02 PM
I don't really get a lot of alone time. Catching up on TV shows I guess :shobon:

Pike
10-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Do you like being home alone? What do you do with your alone time?

Yes

I play video games

Ayen
10-06-2013, 06:18 PM
I do because I swear it's the only time I get any peace and quiet. Only time I don't like being home alone is at night >.>

Tigmafuzz
10-06-2013, 07:11 PM
I love being home alone.

Until I remember that I live with someone, and then I miss her.

In a way, I'm glad she's been stuck at home with me for the past couple weeks.

Aulayna
10-07-2013, 02:11 AM
I live on my own, I love it. I lived with flatmates for around 6 years and eventually even little things started to irritate me. Living on my own feels like I have a lot of breathing room again. Shame it costs so much though. But right now I'm perfectly happy with it.

Madame Adequate
10-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I do, and I play videogames and troll the cats.

Loony BoB
10-07-2013, 11:48 AM
I love being home alone because it means I can do what I want even more so than normal. However, I only like it in moderation. If Danielle is away for more than a couple of days I start to miss her a fair bit. :( I'm not a huge fan of having the bed to myself either, really... I mean, it's nice and all that, but I find that the time I get lonely is always during the middle of the day and the middle of the night. Probably because Danielle and I do most of our talking just before bed and the middle of the day when we're both fully awake.

The time I most like having to myself is the early morning of the weekend as it allows me to wake up before Danielle starts chatting away and playing her music or whatever. Luckily, I always wake up well before she does on the weekend anyway, so it's not a huge issue living with her in that regard.

Laddy
10-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Yeah, being home alone is awesome. I'm the type of guy who likes to belt it like a queen and doing so in the presence of others can prove awkward.