PDA

View Full Version : Suggest me

Shorty
10-05-2013, 12:33 AM
games for XBox 360, because my sister just got one and we need games to play.

Slothy
10-05-2013, 12:34 AM
With your computer being toast and all New Vegas might not be a bad idea.

Sephex
10-05-2013, 12:46 AM
GTA V is seriously very good if you are in to that sort of thing. Tales of Vesperia is fun if you like action RPGs. The Portal Games are alright on there. Gears of War may seem like this beefy bro bull****, but it's stupid popcorn fun (there are four of those games). Halo: Either you like it or you don't. Super Nipple Twister 5000 is a cut above the rest. Only play on hardcore mode, but don't have any kids around.

Shorty
10-05-2013, 12:47 AM
nipple twister, what xD

Those sound good! I do like GTA, although it's been a long time since I've played it. I think I am looking into getting Skyrim first because I've been wanting to try it for a long time :jess:

Slothy
10-05-2013, 12:53 AM
I'm honestly having trouble thinking of anything else to recommend. This console generation has been kind of meh for the most part.

Tomb Raider is pretty decent. I'll second both Portal's if you haven't played them. The Batman Arkham games are fun too.

EDIT: Oh shit, I just remembered, get the Walking Dead game if you haven't played it already. It is seriously amazing.

Sephex
10-05-2013, 12:53 AM
nipple twister, what xD

Those sound good! I do like GTA, although it's been a long time since I've played it. I think I am looking into getting Skyrim first because I've been wanting to try it for a long time :jess:

Yeah, the Pancake Areola Zone is very hard, but I felt accomplished once I beat that level.

Skyrim is a good choice if you can't do it on PC, which Vivi has confirmed earlier. I felt like it got repetitive, and that New Vegas was a MUCH BETTER game in that style, but it isn't bad by any stretch of the boob.

Whoa, sorry. Been playing SNT5K too much.

Shorty
10-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Oh my god, I forgot I've been wanting to play Arkham for a long time. Yessss, adding to the list.

Slothy
10-05-2013, 12:56 AM
They should be dirt cheap now too which is always a plus.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Lost Odyssey is pretty good. Not the most amazing JRPG, but it is fun and has some great stories within it. Eternal Sonata is another RPG that's a lot of fun. I've only played the PS3 version, but I'm sure the 360 version is almost as good. I only say almost because I think the PS3 version had some added content to it, but I could be remembering wrong.

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that hasn't already been suggested.

Freya
10-05-2013, 03:13 AM
Mass effect mass effect mass effect mass effect

Jessweeee♪
10-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Mass effect mass effect mass effect mass effect!

Also Dragon Age: Origins. And Mirror's Edge. And Fallout 3: New Vegas. And definitely Portal. And Fable!

Slothy
10-05-2013, 04:07 AM
I would recommend Mirror's Edge as well, but since I know you get motion sickness playing something like New Vegas it probably isn't a game you'd have an easy time playing. Same might go for Portal come to think of it.

I Took the Red Pill
10-05-2013, 05:37 AM
Deus Ex: Human Revolution if you haven't played it on PC. There are also some really great games on Xbox Live Arcade...Trials HD, Bionic Commando: Rearmed (if you like a challenge), Shadow Complex, Battlefield 1943, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (direct port, play it now if you haven't).

Madame Adequate
10-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Earth Defense Force 2017

Quindiana Jones
10-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Lost Odyssey is definitely a good choice if you like games made by Hironobu Sakaguchi with an original and beautiful score by Nobuo Uematsu.

Bolivar
10-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Castle Crashers!

The last few Call of Duty games also have really fun co-op, well designed roller-coaster campaigns, and still have decent communities on Xbox Live. Most of them are probably really cheap now.

Pike
10-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Earth Defense Force 2017

I was coming in here to say this. This is the best co-op game ever released.

Vyk
10-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Do you want games to play together?

Resident Evil 5 (maybe 6, though it is an inferior game)

Hunted: Demon Forge (for campy popcorn, RE5-style, fantasy fun)

Lord of the Rings: War in the North (fantastic combat and story, I was very surprised at how well done it was, made by the same people that did Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and Champions of Norrath games)

Diablo 3 now exists in console form, and its actually really well done

Shorty
10-06-2013, 05:12 AM
I do not think I have ever played co-op games aside from racing games, etc. I would not be opposed to trying them.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I will definitely look into these.

Rantz
10-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Trine 2 is great either solo or co-op. :D And it has this scene:

Ayen
10-06-2013, 08:04 PM
I don't know you as well as others so this will probably be hit or miss, but I submit for your consideration,

Batman Arkham Asylum
Bioshock
Devil May Cry 4
F.E.A.R
Ghostbusters The Video Game
Left 4 Dead
Soul Caliber IV
Star Wars The Force Unleashed
Tomb Raider Anniversary

And if you're a fan of Sega,

Dreamcast Collection
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

Bolivar
10-07-2013, 12:03 AM

This is my go-to whenever I have people over, especially if they wanna play something but don't normally play video games. I haven't met anyone who didn't have a good time with Streets of Rage 2.

Jowy
10-07-2013, 02:06 AM
I'd say Dark Souls but that may be a little too challenging for you. :aimsun:

Dead Rising is pretty fun, I think you'd dig that. Everyone else has already made some quality suggestions. I'd prioritize one or two physical games listed above. For XBLA, recommending Scott Pilgrim vs the World for a fun couch bro-op game.

Shorty
10-07-2013, 02:07 AM
Whatever, Eric Dabrowski. I would waste those bitches in Dark Souls.

Jowy
10-07-2013, 02:08 AM
So go flag down a copy! The best game I've played in at least a decade.

Shorty
10-07-2013, 02:09 AM
I've compiled a list and it's been added.

Ayen
10-07-2013, 02:18 AM

This is my go-to whenever I have people over, especially if they wanna play something but don't normally play video games. I haven't met anyone who didn't have a good time with Streets of Rage 2.

Streets of Rage 2 is my favorite from that series. Everything just flows together perfectly.

LocoColt04
10-07-2013, 03:14 AM
So Lost Odyssey has been mentioned and will be re-mentioned.

Enslaved is much better than people give it credit for.

Eternal Sonata is amazing.

Star Ocean is also amazing.

If you have not played the latter three on PS3 already (because the last two have extra content on PS3) then they're worth picking up.

I also second Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. 43 titles. Fantastic compilation.

Shiny
10-07-2013, 06:23 AM
Dead Rising 1 and 2

Seconding Mass Effect series and Sonic's Genesis Collection

Loony BoB
10-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Of those mentioned already...

- Tomb Raider is a game that I think you might enjoy.
- Portal & Portal 2 are games that I think anyone who has any sense of humour and brain whatsoever will enjoy, however if you do genuinely get motion sickness through gaming then it's possibly not your best bet.
- I agree that Skyrim is far better if you play it on PC and would suggest waiting until you can do that.
- Arkham Asylum & Arkham City are really good games.
- Lost Odyssey is good but you don't strike me as a JRPG lover anymore (sadly).
- Hell yes, Mass Effect! This is the best series on the 360 as far as I can recall. Definitely reccomend.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution is good, too. I think you'd like it alright.
- Left 4 Dead (and Left 4 Dead 2) is amazing and I actually think you'd really enjoy it. It strikes me as a very 'you' game.
- Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection if you like retro games, but I get the feeling that's not what you're after.

Of the games not mentioned...

- I think you would really like Far Cry 3 as both a solo and co-op experience. If you have two controllers, I'd say Far Cry 3 is about as good as it gets when it comes to co-op on the 360, at least out of the games I've played on it. And considering that includes L4D, that's saying something!

If I had to pick a few games I think you would love more than any of the others on that list, I would probably go for the L4D games, Far Cry 3 and the Arkham games.

Madame Adequate
10-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Wait, FC3 has couch co-op? :o

Also giving love to the Dead Rising games because I bought a 360 mainly for the original and I did not regret it for a second. They're without peer.

Loony BoB
10-07-2013, 11:42 AM
FC3 has something like five or six decently lengthed co-op missions, yeah. There were four with the default game then another one or two have been released since (as far as I know they are free of charge, too). Danielle and I replayed those co-op missions so damned much, they are just way too much fun. It's splitscreen two player for the co-op missions (and vs. missions), I've not tried for four players on the one screen but I know that with two people playing split-screen you can just join up with two other random people online and kick butt. It requires a lot more co-op than most co-op does, so it was good fun.

Psychotic
10-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Dead Rising & even better Dead Rising 2 as it has co-op.
The Saints Row series is immense.
You will probably enjoy BioShock given the setting.
Fallout New Vegas. Fallout 3 isn't bad, but isn't quite NV.
I think you might enjoy LA Noire
Far Cry 3.
Mass Effect 1-3
Lego Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings :shobon:
Red Dead Redemption if you like the wild west!
Gears of War series is the best if you like to shoot things.

Shiny
10-07-2013, 04:51 PM
LA Noir was pretty terrible, but damn that motion cap

Slothy
10-07-2013, 05:16 PM
LA Noir was pretty terrible, but damn that motion cap

... was also terrible.

Psychotic
10-07-2013, 05:21 PM
LA Noire is not a bad game at all and if you think so, stop posting in this thread. Get out right now.

Don't get me wrong, they could've done so much more with the technology and world, but it was a damn fun blast.

Madame Adequate
10-07-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm not sure the LA Noire experiment entirely succeeded, but it was a very interesting experiment and given that it's literally $5 in Gamestop right now there's no goddamn reason not to give it a look.

Slothy
10-07-2013, 07:10 PM
I actually haven't played it. Just saw a ton of videos of the facial animation which was atrocious. I might have ended up buying it on a lark had all the stuff about the people running Team Bondie being assholes not come out first. Now I'm long past the point where I care, especially when almost everyone I've talked to says it didn't do things like the interrogations that well. Seeing as that stuff was the main selling point for a game I had little interest in at release I'll never actually buy a copy.

Vyk
10-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Enslaved is much better than people give it credit for.

Kudos!

Also L.A. Noire is, indeed, garbage. Which is also one of the reasons why I have no faith in Rockstar games. Gave a lot of them a try and they all fail. I tend to believe they buy hype from journalists and magazine publishers. But whatever

More power to anyone that could look past all the ugly 2 faces they used, and broken interrogation mechanics and actually enjoy the game

Quindiana Jones
10-08-2013, 09:55 AM
I just found it too easy, and it got boring.

Ayen
10-08-2013, 03:18 PM
I didn't see Darksiders requested, so I'm adding it. One day and I'm already hooked.

Jessweeee♪
10-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Of all the games I will probably never play a third time, LA Noire is my favorite. I absolutely love it, but it's one of those "borrow first" games.

Jowy
10-12-2013, 07:15 AM
So what'd you wind up getting?

Madame Adequate
10-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Also L.A. Noire is, indeed, garbage. Which is also one of the reasons why I have no faith in Rockstar games. Gave a lot of them a try and they all fail. I tend to believe they buy hype from journalists and magazine publishers. But whatever

L.A. Noire was R* published but they didn't make it. If you're seriously going to argue that games like San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption, and GTAV have 'failed', I don't know what to say.

Shorty
10-12-2013, 01:53 PM
So what'd you wind up getting?

Nothing yet! I just talked to you about this! :p

Vyk
10-12-2013, 08:35 PM

L.A. Noire was R* published but they didn't make it. If you're seriously going to argue that games like San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption, and GTAV have 'failed', I don't know what to say.

Ah, I was under the impression that it was a first-party internal studio designed with high-profile creators for the specific reason to create L.A. Nore. I may have been mistaken, but if that were the case, it still would have been their game. Either way, I meant fail as in the colloquialism; as in: they fail to appeal to me and I hate them. Not failed as in the market, or reviews, or fan recognition

Shorty
10-16-2013, 12:35 AM
Going with Arkham City to start!

Slothy
10-16-2013, 12:39 AM
Have you played Arkham Asylum yet? I'd probably play it first, but that's just me.

Shorty
10-16-2013, 12:43 AM
For whatever reason, it wasn't available.

Slothy
10-16-2013, 12:55 AM
Well that's poopy. I'm sure you'll still enjoy Arkham City without it though.

Shiny
10-18-2013, 03:10 AM
I actually haven't played it.
Opinion invalid.

Rockstar made one of the best games ever: Red Dead Redemption. I hate Westerns, but I definitely don't regret playing it.

Slothy
10-18-2013, 03:16 AM
I actually haven't played it.
Opinion invalid.

I don't have to play it to know bad facial animation when I see it.

Also, I found RDR boring from what I played. Just did not like the feel of the controls and the shooting mechanics.

Mahad
10-18-2013, 03:34 AM
Mass effect mass effect mass effect mass effect

This. If you haven't, then yes, this. Definitely. Absolutely. Like, don't think twice about it.

Jessweeee♪
10-18-2013, 03:51 AM
Mass Effect. And Dragon Age. I know I already said those and you already picked a game but yes.

Shorty
10-18-2013, 03:52 AM
I have both of those saved, though! :jess:

I have actually spent the day glued to the tv playing Bioshock. x_x my eyeballllls

Mahad
10-18-2013, 03:55 AM
I have both of those saved, though! :jess:

I have actually spent the day glued to the tv playing Bioshock. x_x my eyeballllls

Oh, you do? Huh. From what you have played, what would you recommend? It has been a while since I last purchased a game.

Shorty
10-18-2013, 03:58 AM
I am loving it. Would definitely recommend. It's pretty scary to me because I jump really easily, but I just am just in love love love with the setting, and the story seems pretty neat so far.

Slothy
10-18-2013, 04:06 AM
my eyeballllls

Pfft. Eyeballs are overrated. Just get some new ones from the nearest hobo free of charge.

I just am just in love love love with the setting

You would like a game that takes place under the sea.

Quindiana Jones
10-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Vivi, you are shit. :colbert:

Slothy
10-18-2013, 02:52 PM
I feed on your hatred and tears.

Psychotic
10-18-2013, 03:00 PM
I think it is impossible to take Vivi as anything but a troll, because nobody's opinions on video games can be this awful.

Slothy
10-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Please. At least I can back my opinions up. And Pike can vouch for my taste well enough.

It's called having higher standards than you lot.

Psychotic
10-18-2013, 03:18 PM
It's called being a sourpuss who is incapable of having fun. Actually, aren't you an accountant? This explains everything.

Slothy
10-18-2013, 03:23 PM
No I'm not an accountant. It was boring and dull so I left. It was that or kill myself to liven things up a bit.

And I have a lot of fun with games. A lot more than most people I'd suspect since I only bother with the really fun stuff. Not run of the mill sandbox game #34.

Psychotic
10-18-2013, 03:42 PM
While I was playing Run of the mill sandbox game #34, a chap by the name of Iceglow burbled off on a long rambling story about how wonderful he is at the game. I responded by throwing a knife at his horse, striking it in the skull, and sending him flying arse over elbows off the horse, whereupon he landed in a field of wild boar, who proceeded to trample him. Every time he got up, a wild boar would come steaming in and knock him down, causing more and more obscenities to utter forth from his mouth, until eventually one knocked him so hard that he ended up beautifully ragdolling down a hill, onto a road and was trampled and squashed by Quin, who happened to be riding past on a stagecoach at the perfect time. I think I can safely say that this was, in your words, The Really Fun Stuff, and I am glad I bothered.

Iceglow
10-18-2013, 03:45 PM
I'll second most of Paul's list, especially the Mass Effect, Red Dead Redemption (one of the finest games ever made, from a story point of view even more so than GTA V), GTA V and Saints Row (I need to pick up 4) recommends. Will also add in Burnout Paradise as a shit ton of fun if dated (especially online if Paul has his copy still)

Shooter wise; Halo 4 was a bit disappointing as it isn't bungie made I suppose that and the new enemies feel rather unbalanced. Spartan Ops if you can get past the lag involved is really good fun though. Halo Reach probably has better multiplayer mechanics though although 4 can be an enjoyable experience if you've not played Reach or 3. Speaking of which Halo 3 is free right now with XBL Gold.

Gears of war is a magnificent series and some of the toughest 3rd person game play out there; when me and Psy get our asses handed to us on a plate half way through the 3rd games hardest setting to the point that we've never picked it up to try again (still looking to beat that damn Lambent Berserker boss! whenever you're ready to rage quit some more dude) I'm yet to play the new Gears that prequels the series but I'm not exactly sure I want to tbh, the trailers showed "new weapons and skills" which aren't in the other 3, I get that yes; we need new things to make the game more interesting or appealing but why not provide us a reason for these things not being do-able in games set later in the universal timeline.

Farcry 3 is amazing and expansive, though once you've done most of the side quests to obtain the special weapons and top items it becomes quite routine and linear. I mean sure you can go scavenging for the collectibles (all of which can easily be found by buying maps showing their locations in the world) but realistically it becomes; visit local radio tower, complete outposts, do story missions, rinse and repeat.

Tomb Raider is sitting on my sideboard yet to be played, as is Deus Ex Human revolution

Also; Minecraft! I cannot stress this game enough to you, the hours of fun that can be had just dicking around and not actually doing much of anything is awesome.

Psychotic
10-18-2013, 03:48 PM
I tell you what, Steve has just made the best post in this thread.

Slothy
10-18-2013, 03:51 PM
While I was playing Run of the mill sandbox game #34, a chap by the name of Iceglow burbled off on a long rambling story about how wonderful he is at the game. I responded by throwing a knife at his horse, striking it in the skull, and sending him flying arse over elbows off the horse, whereupon he landed in a field of wild boar, who proceeded to trample him. Every time he got up, a wild boar would come steaming in and knock him down, causing more and more obscenities to utter forth from his mouth, until eventually one knocked him so hard that he ended up beautifully ragdolling down a hill, onto a road and was trampled and squashed by Quin, who happened to be riding past on a stagecoach at the perfect time. I think I can safely say that this was, in your words, The Really Fun Stuff, and I am glad I bothered.

So it's more fun when you abuse Steve? I could see that, though I think we could probably agree that'd be true of most games with any multiplayer component.

Quindiana Jones
10-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Ohhhh, so that's why he was so fucking livid. xD

Iceglow
10-18-2013, 03:56 PM

If I had to add comments about Call of Duty or Battlefield games (I've played them all lol) Battlefield for storyline, CoD for multiplayer Infinity Ward > Treyarch but Zombies > Spec Ops.

Also about racers:

Forza is brilliant for petrol heads as it's the closest to Gran Turismo you'll get if a little too easy, not played Horizon yet but that game looks beautiful. Just avoid using the rewind option in races as it takes the fun and challenge out of doing well.

Shorty
10-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Thaaaaank you! God there's so many games mentioned in this thread, haha.

Slothy
10-18-2013, 04:12 PM
Better hurry up and get a job so you can buy them all and then not have time to play them. :exdee:

Mahad
10-18-2013, 06:24 PM
I am loving it. Would definitely recommend. It's pretty scary to me because I jump really easily, but I just am just in love love love with the setting, and the story seems pretty neat so far.

But I already played Bioshock; suggest me more?
This be a serious issue for those of us who have been out of it for a while.

Shorty
10-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Haha, sorry dude, I am the last person to ask for recommendations. I made this thread because I am clueless!

Shauna
10-18-2013, 06:55 PM

But I already played Bioshock; suggest me more?
This be a serious issue for those of us who have been out of it for a while.

Bioshock 2.
Bioshock Infinite.

Spuuky
10-18-2013, 11:53 PM
Bioshock 2.
Bioshock Infinite.
tevis thompson (http://tevisthompson.com/on-videogame-reviews/)

Iceglow
10-19-2013, 04:41 AM
I'm not a huge Bioshock fan tbh, I thought personally that the gameplay was meh but the storyline was good. However, Spuuky, that guy was a conceited whinging asshole he made me think of Cuchlain if he was never allowed to swear again ever. To those who don't like reading 4000 words of impotent rage and tears, don't bother clicking the link.

Mahad
10-19-2013, 05:23 AM
[QUOTE=LFC;3321081]
Bioshock 2.
Bioshock Infinite.

I think I want to try the game on your signature instead :D

And no way I'm reading 4k words, I've got too much reading already on my plate.

Spuuky
10-19-2013, 06:43 AM
I'm not a huge Bioshock fan tbh, I thought personally that the gameplay was meh but the storyline was good. However, Spuuky, that guy was a conceited whinging asshole he made me think of Cuchlain if he was never allowed to swear again ever. To those who don't like reading 4000 words of impotent rage and tears, don't bother clicking the link.He definitely makes some points which I find ridiculous and/or asinine. But there are some good ones in there, too. Also, those are some low story standards.

Quindiana Jones
10-19-2013, 09:22 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed Bioshock, and thought it was a masterpiece. Bioshock 2 was a crime. I found Bioshock: Infinite quite shit. Once the "ooh, shiny!" factor of Columbia wears out, you're left with some overlong, boring shooter. The story FFXII's itself quite thoroughly, and I've yet to complete it simply because I can't be arsed walking down another boring corridor. :(

Shauna
10-19-2013, 11:43 AM
I think I want to try the game on your signature instead :D

Okami. It is a beautiful game.

Also I wasn't being 100% serious about my alternate Bioshock suggestions. He asked for something that's like Bioshock, so I was going for the next logical steps which were its sequels. xD I enjoyed them well enough, but they're not as good as the original.

Quindiana Jones
10-19-2013, 12:01 PM
God damn, I love Okami. The HD version gives me the most unsaintly of joys. :blush:

Slothy
10-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Once the "ooh, shiny!" factor of Columbia wears out, you're left with some overlong, boring shooter.

Which is different from the original Bioshock how?

Honestly, neither of them are great shooters by any stretch. So if you don't enjoy the setting and story of either you're in for a really boring time.

Quindiana Jones
10-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Bioshock had an interesting and well-paced story. Well, up until the golfing. After that, it was just a quick sprint to the end, though, so it's forgiveable.

Shorty
10-28-2013, 02:06 AM
Bioshock had an interesting and well-paced story. Well, up until the golfing. After that, it was just a quick sprint to the end, though, so it's forgiveable.

This pretty much sums up how I feel.

The end boss fight and ending itself were both a bit of a disappointment to me. There were times when I felt it was a bit long, too, but that may be because I explored every crevice of every room, I guess.

I want to play Bioshock 2 but if it's more of the same, I think I'm looking for a change of pace for a while.

Shauna
10-28-2013, 10:31 AM
It is definitely more of the same. Steer clear of the Bioshocks if you're looking for something different.