PDA

View Full Version : Let's Swap Scary Stories!

Scotty_ffgamer
10-05-2013, 01:41 AM
In the spirit of October, I thought it could be fun to swap scary stories we (or our friends) have experienced in our lives. They can be paranormal or not. No need to argue over the validity of anyone's story or if ghosts are real or whatever; this is just meant to be a chance for us to try to spook each other and have a little fun.

I have some good ones that friends have shared with me, but I'm trying to think of a good one I personally experienced. I'll post one up soon, though.

noxious.sunshine
10-05-2013, 04:36 AM
It was a daaaarrrrkkk and stormy night. Noxy was really drunk and joined EoFF.

Naw f'realz. My grandmother's ashes were kept in my room in a little cabinet on the boat my parents & I lived on ....

I swear my pc would turn itself off every now & then... I told my dad and he told me that she -hated- stuff being left on if it wasn't being used.

Also, porcelain dolls scare the chuck outta me. I swear they come to life at night. I hatethemihatethemihatethem.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-05-2013, 05:06 AM
At my parents house, there is a wall in our upstairs that used to have a static sound come out of it. I never really understood that, and it kind of scared me as a kid. That's the best I can come up with right now, which is sad because I have better stories, I know.

Vasher
10-05-2013, 07:09 AM
It was Easter Sunday, my buddy and I took our new girls to my family gathering and left early. We grabbed some In N' Out and stopped by my parents house to eat (no one home). There was a knock at the front door. The door itself isn't visible from the dining room, but the entire front yard and driveway is, we didn't see anyone come down. I checked the door, no one there. I remembered I had left something in my car and went out to get it (further down the drive and not visible from the dining room). While at the car my friend comes and asks "what's up". He said that there was knocking at the window and he thought I had signaled for him to come out to "shoot the trout". While we are shooting the trout, both girls run out of the house hugging onto each other and screaming at the top of their lungs/crying...

After my friend walked out they said they heard voices down the hallway. They thought I had gone to the bathroom and was trying to scare them (after the unusual knock at the door). They said they were yelling out "not funny Jimmy", but when the voices got louder (they said it sounded like two people arguing) they got up to check it out. They called my name down the hall and the voices started yelling at them. They swore they saw shadows coming at them, so ran to the front door, and it wouldn't open. They said it felt as though someone was holding it closed. The door finally opened and they both fell to the floor, then ran out screaming.

That same girl told me that she was scared to stay over. She said that every night she did, she felt someone grab her ankles and tickle the bottom of her feet. I immediately recalled a story from about 8 years prior. When I had a friend over we would stay up late watching tv in my living room and "camp out" on the sofas. My little brother would stay up with us, but we made him sleep on the floor. One night when we were getting ready to go to sleep he begged us to let him have one of the sofas. He started crying and said he wouldn't sleep on the floor anymore because every time he did someone would grab him by the ankles and tickle his feet.

noxious.sunshine
10-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Omfg that reminded me...

My ex and I went swimming with 2 of his cousins and their wives. Only 1 cousin had kids back then. Everything was fine - I played with the little ones, threw them up and let them go under water as I caught them, it was all gravy.

A few weeks later, it was 4th of July. I had my daughter with me and the same cousins, same kids. There were 2 older girls already in school and then the little boy and youngest girl - the ones who had no problem floating out alone and being dropped underwater.

That day, though, the 2 little ones freaked out crying and wouldn't let anyone go and float on their own. They would literally scream bloody murder - even though they had floats on to keep them above water.

Their dad later told me that the kids saw a kid drowning in the water farther out in the lake. They were the only ones to see it cuz my daughter was just fine the whole day and so was everyone else.

Also... I just thought of this... My childhood best friend and I used to play the most horrible jokes on her little brother... Omg. She had a full length mirror in her room... So.. we'd turn the lights off and play "bloody Mary" you know - in the mirror where you say "Bloody Mary, I killed your baby" 3x, then put ketchup on our cheeks like she'd gotten us... He would flip his lid and scream something awful. He was also mentally challenged. And then... There was an underneath part to their house where all the insulation and stuff was, but it was pretty big as far as height and stuff and there was a door with a slide lock on the outside. We would lock him in there and run around pounding on the outside and screaming.... Scared the crap out of him... We got in so much trouble lmao.

Vasher
10-05-2013, 08:34 PM
In the mountains surrounding The Valley there is a place called gravity hill. It's right next to a cemetery. An optical illusion, just at the apex of a turn you stop in between what looks like to upward slopes. Put your car in neutral, it appears to roll uphill.

One night a bunch of us loaded into my truck (I think I had ~9 crammed). After having it roll uphill, I went up a road along the side of the cemetery and parked my truck with the headlights over the grounds. Each gravesite had a flag (it was memorial weekend or something). Each lay "dead", as there wasn't the slightest breeze. Someone pointed out a flag towards the middle that was whipping about violently, as if blown by a strong wind. All the girls started screaming, then the power in my truck died. It took awhile before power came back, then I couldn't get it into reverse (manual). As I backed out, all the windows "fogged" up, I assumed from all the heavy breathing. The defogger did absolutely nothing, I couldn't see anything as I sped down the hill. Then there was a load thump from the front of my car, I thought I'd hit something, then one of the girls in the front seat went hysterical and was pointing at the passenger side of he windshield. In what I now knew was frost on the windshield, was a large handprint. I turned on my windshield wipers to brush away the layer of ice, turned onto the road in front of the cemetery, and raced down the mountain. We stopped at the first gas station to check out my truck. It had completely iced over, but the ice had already melted, leaving the truck looking like it had just been rained on. There were little handprints (small children) all over the truck, the water beaded away from the oils left behind.

The story behind gravity hill is that a school bus full of children was involved in a collision there. The bus had a flat, while stopped a large truck struck it, killing the driver and many of the children. When your car is rolling "uphill" it is supposed to be the kids pushing you out of harms way.

noxious.sunshine
10-10-2013, 12:14 AM
Bell Witch, brah. The cave is 30 min away from me. I'm dragging my bf there next weekend . Hellz yeah.

Anyway, just Google it. An American Haunting chucked up some of the story.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-10-2013, 12:22 AM
I'm still having trouble coming up with one of my own stories that would actually be scary to those reading. One of the scariest times I've had was just walking in the woods on campus at something like 2 in the morning after watching a horror movie. The group I was walking with was all terrified just with some of the noises we heard. Those woods would creep me out pretty frequently though. I went on a walk in there once on a day that I was feeling sort of depressed, and I ended up taking a path I'd never taken before (and it was one of the longer paths it felt like). I kept hearing what sounded like metal scraping on metal in the trees somewhat behind me wherever I went. I also kept finding weird stone piles (like in Blair Witch Project) in weird places such as on a few tree stumps and such. Another time I was in there I kept seeing a guy standing off of the path anytime I looked around me while I was walking, no matter where I went. He seemed to be staring at me most of the times I saw him. That was pretty creepy.

If there are anymore comments and when I have time later this week, I do have a couple of experiences some friends of mine had that is actually quite terrifying.

Vasher
10-12-2013, 10:13 PM
I've gone camping every year since I was a peanut. We usually go in a large group. I was ~15 and some of my cousins went, a friend of mine, and some of my sisters friends (she's a year younger). We all went for a walk around the campgrounds after the adults knocked out. It's "lights out" after 10 in this campground, so it was really dark in the canyon without any campfires. We didn't take any flash lights so that we could enjoy the moon and stars. As we neared camp the girls all went to our camper to use the potty, but my sister got there first and locked the rest outside, the two other guys (my cousin and friend) went over to get our fire going again. I continued up the path to use a bush. I walked about 15' off the bath. While watering the plants a large bush ~10' in front of me started to rustle about. I finished and as I turned the bush rustled violently and it sounded as though something where tearing through it (breaking branches). On the path, I was sure I could hear footsteps behind me. I walked a little faster, the footsteps matched my pace. The camper is now in sight and I'm walking pretty quickly, almost as soon as I can see the camper, the girls look in my direction, start pointing, then start banging on the camper door. Now I'm starting to freak out a bit, so I start running, and I can hear the footsteps running behind me. Now that I'm running, the girls are screaming bloody murder for my sister to open the door. I look back to see what's chasing me/causing them to go hysterical, but I don't see a thing. As I come up on the door to the camper, the girls stop banging on it and turn on me, scratching, slapping, kicking, screaming...

They thought I had gone to the fire pit with the others and were convinced that a maniac had crawled out of the bushes and was running straight at them. My friend and cousin had run over to see what the commotion was about, recognized me right away, and didn't understand why the girls were going nuts.

Tigmafuzz
10-13-2013, 02:56 PM
I broke a nail.

Vasher
10-14-2013, 04:02 AM
Just after buying our latest house, my son and I were in the living room (he had just turned 3 several days prior), my wife had gone to the store. We were sitting in the middle of the living room watching one of his shows. He kept looking over his shoulder towards an entry to the kitchen. After looking over his shoulder several times, he started staring. I asked what he was looking at and he replied "mommy's home". I said "no, she hasn't come back yet", he responded "who's that lady" while pointing toward the entry to the kitchen.

An old friend was over (this was a couple years back). We were sitting at my bar (centered between the kitchen and dining room). He jumped and said "you're not going to believe this, but I just saw a small women over there. When I looked at her she ran up the hall". He was pointing to another kitchen/dining entry that also leads to the front entry/living room.

Last year when we returned from a camping trip, my wife's sister was the first to enter the house. After taking a few steps in she screamed. She said there was a woman standing near the entry to the kitchen/dining room. She said that she saw her so clearly, that she even noticed her hair as it rose up behind her because she turned so quickly to run up the hallway.

We had bought a piņata for my sons b-day (~5 years ago), but the kids bouncy playground we rented (owned by my cousin) wouldn't allow it inside, so we left it at home for another party. A few days after his b-day the Batman piņata was still in the dining room (I'd been too lazy to put it in the loft in the garage). It was resting face up on a large deep seated chair in the corner of the dining room (there is one in each corner). It was set at a 35 degree angle, resting on it's shoulder blades, with it heels in the grout grooves so that it wouldn't go anywhere.

We were in the our bedroom, our son had climbed in bed between us, when we heard a thummmppppppp, thummpp, thump, as if something was bouncing across the floor. When I went to check it out, I found Batman 15' from the chair, face down. The way I had it set, it only could have possibly slid down, which would have left it on it's back and only inches from the chair. For it to end up as it did, something would have to of hit it with a lot of force from under it's back.

Still can't explain that one.

Cosmiccandy
10-14-2013, 07:36 AM
Once for the holidays we went to a small country town and stayed at a relatives house that they weren't currently using. When we tried to get to sleep that night, something was moving around in the ceiling and sometimes in other rooms, but we couldn't find anything when we went to investigate. Ive never been one to believe in ghosts but I was still like "What the fuck is going on?". Eventually we heard something rapidly scratching at the wooden stairs, and then a thud.

I was reluctant to check it out because I didn't want to leave my bed again, but then I heard rustling of like plastic packaging or something, so I went downstairs to find the cutest possum ive ever seen rifling through leftover food. I guess it took shelter in this house while it was unoccupied. It didn't appear to be injured. It couldn't just walk down the stairs to get to the food because it would lead to a different room and would need to go past a closed door so it jumped down from a relatively high up position on the stairs into the room. I let it eat the leftovers, made the rest of our food "possum proof" by putting it away and left the door open so it could return upstairs back into the ceiling by morning.

We let it co-exist with us for the duration of our stay, but being used to living in the city I was unaccustomed to seeing animals besides pets and insects, so the possum really caught me off guard. I knew it wouldn't attack me or anything, but it's still kind of unsettling to see it and be living with it at first. It really wasn't afraid of us either, but we kept quite a distance from it and didn't make any sudden movements.

Old Manus
10-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Y'all want spooky stories? I'll give y'all a spooky story.

A friend of mine and a few of his friends were staying at someone's house for a few nights in the lead-up to a wedding or something. One of these nights, he was asleep in a room to himself and was awoken in the early hours by an old woman standing in the doorway, totally sheet white and, in hindsight, suprisingly visible in the darkness. In his half-awake grogginess he asked what she wanted, and she merely shivered a bit and said that it was very cold. She then asked if she could 'get into bed'.

My mate being that kind of guy didn't put much thought towards it, and just moved the covers, said "Go on then" and rolled back over. It was only when the woman got into bed with him that he suddenly started wondering who she was and why he didn't recognise her. He could definitely feel the pressure on the bed of someone lying there. He slowly reached around behind him and touched her nightie - later making sure to remark that he could even feel the patterns on the embroidery. At this point he freaked the hell out and jumped out of bed. There was nobody there.