PDA

View Full Version : Where did you come from, where did you go?

Shorty
10-06-2013, 05:38 AM
I hope Cotton Eye Joe is sufficiently stuck in all your heads now.

Where were you born? Where are you now?

I was born in Provo, Utah and am now in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

Laddy
10-06-2013, 05:42 AM
Memphis, Tennessee on both counts.

Jiro
10-06-2013, 05:46 AM
I've been to Laramie, Wyoming, where Cotton Eye Joe is a non ironic anthem.

I am from Glass House Mountains, Queensland, Australia, and now live in Ashgrove, Queensland, Australia. Been to a few places in between.

Jessweeee♪
10-06-2013, 06:18 AM
I was born in Illinois, now I'm in Texas :v

BoB says Illinois isn't a real place and I don't exist :(

Freya
10-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Born In Houston Texas, Grew up in Wyoming, Live in Oklahoma. Yeehaw?

The Man
10-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Born in Atlanta, Georgia. Have lived in Florida since I was five. Currently live in Sarasota, Florida, which has been my hometown for over half of my life. Want to get the fuck out and move to Washington, D.C.

Rantz
10-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Born in Kalmar, Sweden but grew up on the island of Öland. Currently live in Växjö, Sweden.

noxious.sunshine
10-06-2013, 10:01 AM
omg WHY? There's a Cotton Eyed Joe country club/bar in Chattanooga, TN - not far from my hometown (where Maci from Teen Mom is from).. It's super redneck.

I'm from Etowah, Tennessee - about halfway between Knoxville & Chattanooga. I'm the only person in my immediate family who was actually born there. My parents & siblings are from South Point, Ohio (though my dad was born in NE Kentucky).

I've moved around a lot, but I'm in Clarksville, TN now. And though I'm not from Nashville, per se, I call it my hometown. There's no reason for me to go back to where I'm from, nor do I care to for any reason. I have no attachments left.

Hopefully I'll get to move back to Antioch (my hood) within a couple of years.

Faris
10-06-2013, 10:24 AM
I was born in Ottawa, Canada and lived there until 2 months ago when I escaped moved to Rugby, England.

Night Fury
10-06-2013, 10:25 AM
I was born in County Durham, England.

I am now in Perth, Australia.

I Took the Red Pill
10-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Born in upstate New York, currently in Guangdong, China

Pike
10-06-2013, 10:55 AM
I unironically love Cotton Eye Joe.

I was born in Coupeville, Washington, which is a little town on a little island. I only lived there until I was about one year old and then we moved north of Seattle (Lynnwood/Bothell area) and lived there for about nine years.

Then we moved to Montana. We spent one unhappy year in Helena and then ever since then I've lived in Bozeman or one of its suburbs. (Yes we've got those.) I did recently spend one year back on Whidbey Island, where I was born, but despite the gorgeous views it really did nothing for me at all. Bozeman is home and I don't want to leave.

Madame Adequate
10-06-2013, 11:26 AM
I was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Miraculously escaping with my kneecaps intact, I'm now in Bozeman, Montana, with the above poster. It's just about the best place I've ever been, though I love Belfast, Newport RI, and NYC. My actual home is currently Leicester in England which isn't a terrible place, but we're planning on making Bozeman my forever home in the next couple of years.

Shauna
10-06-2013, 12:39 PM
I was born in Rutherglen, Scotland - however, I lived in East Kilbride, Scotland for the majority of my life, including right now. There were a few years of escapism to Glasgow, Scotland - but I'm back home now. :3

Dat Matt
10-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I have lived primarily in South Lankarshire for most of life, which is just outside of Glasgow. I grew up in a town called Uddingston, but I now live in East Kilbride with Shauna.

I like it here, only downside is it's fairly out the way, so it's hard to get anywhere. Now I can drive though I can take country roads, to take me home, to the place, I belong.

Quindiana Jones
10-06-2013, 01:15 PM
I was born in Taunton, England, but am currently in Guiyang, China.

Ayen
10-06-2013, 05:57 PM
I was born in Kansas City, Kansas and am currently in... Kansas City, Kansas...

>.>
<.<

Think I'm developing a midlife crisis.

Denmark
10-06-2013, 06:16 PM
it's funny how the most popular (recent) version of Cotton-Eyed Joe is by a Swedish band

born in Albany, NY. raised ~30mins south and east thereof. now live in Bethlehem, PA.

Aulayna
10-06-2013, 07:17 PM
I was born in Great Yarmouth, England. Then moved to Plymouth, England for a few years. Then back to Great Yarmouth and then to London where I lived for most of my life up until 5 years ago when I moved to Cork, Ireland. Hopefully another big move will be happening within the next 12 months!

Tigmafuzz
10-06-2013, 07:21 PM
I am from nowhere and everywhere. I have always been, and shall always continue to be.

I was born in Great Yarmouth, England. Then moved to Plymouth, England for a few years. Then back to Great Yarmouth and then to London where I lived for most of my life up until 5 years ago when I moved to Cork, Ireland. Hopefully another big move will be happening within the next 12 months!

Where are you moving to? Will you be within road trip distance?

Aulayna
10-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Well technically anywhere is within road trip distance if you can afford the boat. :p

Agent Proto
10-06-2013, 10:04 PM
I was born in an Air Force base at Okinawa, Japan. I currently live in a place call Dale City, in northern Virginia, just 30 or so miles south of Washington, DC in the last 14 years of my life.

Cuchulainn
10-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Born in the RVH in West Belfast. Lived in Antrim, Elswick Street in West Belfast, Poleglas in West Belfast & now live in Fairyknowes in North Belfast.

My history is a bit Belfast heavy.

rubah
10-07-2013, 01:28 AM
Hampsterdance.com - The Official Online Home of Hampton and the Hampsters! (http://www.hampsterdance.com/classics/originaldance.htm)

Bunny
10-07-2013, 01:31 AM
I was born in Coupeville, Washington, which is a little town on a little island. I only lived there until I was about one year old and then we moved north of Seattle (Lynnwood/Bothell area) and lived there for about nine years.

I like Bothell.

I was born in Durham, North Carolina and grew up in El Cajon, California. I currently live in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Jowy
10-07-2013, 01:55 AM
Born in Erie, Pennsylvania. Currently residing in Seattle, Washington.

LocoColt04
10-07-2013, 03:21 AM
I was born in Arlington, Texas.
I live in Arlington, Texas.

I was not always here! I spent years on the east coast - Newport News, VA & Arlington VA & the greater DC area. Everything is so much cheaper here though. And though I have not lived on the west coast for any substantial length of time, I have spent months in Clovis, CA, and some time in Seattle, WA as well.

Shiny
10-07-2013, 06:29 AM
I was born in Newark and thank god I'm not there now.

I never lived in Newark though, I was just born there, but I know it's still trout.

Pike
10-07-2013, 10:13 AM
country roads, to take me home, to the place, I belong.

WEST VIRGINIIIAAAAAAAA

MOUNTAIN MAMAAAAAAAAA

Loony BoB
10-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Nothin' wrong with Cotton Eye Joe!

Born in Auckland, New Zealand. Moved from there to Edinburgh, Scotland in 2002 when I was 18.

Tigmafuzz
10-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Well technically anywhere is within road trip distance if you can afford the boat. :p

But oceans aren't roads. :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Born in Campbellton, New Brunswick, Canada (or thereabouts)*. Living since 2005 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

*My actual hometown is a small, used to be unmarked in Google, community outside of Campbellton. The hospital where I was born, though no longer existing, was in Campbellton. And I did all my schooling up to the end of secondary there.

Iceglow
10-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I'm born and raised in London, have lived all over the city though in order:

North Finchley (North London)
Totteridge and Whetstone (North London)
High Barnet (Hertfordshire)
Totteridge and Whetstone (again and somehow simultaneous to the below)
Kilburn/Maida Vale (North West London split time between here and the above)
Canning Town (East London)
Finchley Central (North London)
Totteridge and Whetstone (again)
South Wimbledon (South West London)

There were also a few months of living in Braintree which is a town near Colchester in Essex.

Jinx
10-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Born and raised in Kansas City, MO.

Live in Bethlehem, PA now.

Yerushalmi
10-10-2013, 08:29 AM
I started out in Brooklyn, NY, and now I'm in Jerusalem, Israel.

escobert
10-10-2013, 02:57 PM
I was born in the city of claremont new hampshire but lived 90% of my life in windsor vermont. Damn you windsor hospitol for remving your birthing unit right before I was born!