PDA

View Full Version : Lost and found

Rantz
10-08-2013, 09:26 PM
When I was a kid and Ocarina of Time was my religion, I bought my first and last strategy guide. It was like a treasure to me. One day it was just gone and I could never find it again. To this day, it hurts my heart and I hope my mum will one day find it and call me so I can get some closure.

Do you lose items to the void often? What's your most missed item that you lost?

Calliope
10-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Not lost, exactly, but I let my mother sell almost all of my jewellery when she needed money. I wish I had saved a carved pendant that was blessed by my grandfather and attached with a cord crocheted by my grandmother. I'm not confident that I would have been successful if I tried to stop her, but I should have made the attempt. I doubt she got more than ten dollars for it.

Dat Matt
10-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Every day I manage to lose my keys. Every day they are hidden in the oddest places.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-08-2013, 10:44 PM
My Ash Ketchum hat from when I was a kid. I've been looking for it for about 10 or so years now, and have been unsuccessful. I'll probably look in my parents' house periodically for the next couple of years until I give up. For now, I still hope that it will pop up somewhere.

Shorty
10-09-2013, 12:42 AM
I lose many things, all the time, because I am a terrible and forgetful person. I can't even remember what it is I've lost.

Slothy
10-09-2013, 12:45 AM
I lose many things, all the time, because I am a terrible and forgetful person. I can't even remember what it is I've lost.

At least that would lessen the pain.

I don't lose much, but I have learned I lost the manual to Ogre Battle 64 which I had a complete copy of. I normally wouldn't care, but I'm selling it to someone and that's like losing $40.

noxious.sunshine
10-09-2013, 04:13 AM
I lost a Mason pin my dad gave me. I feel terrible about it, but I assume it's in their truck somewhere.

And my old Care Bears blanket. I have no idea where it is.

Shiny
10-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Recently lost my phone on Venice beach and it seems location apps don't matter when your phone is buried some where in the sand. Then when I got off the plane I lost my wallet and purse on the train. I got everything back except from some jewlery (I had a watch in my purse that was over $80 :( ) and $10 I had in there so that sucked.

Bierhumpen_Kukki
10-09-2013, 07:49 AM
For some reason i keep losing usb flash drives... im using them mostly for my Notebook and netbook. But once i really need them i cant seem to find them. So from my the 7 flash drives i once bought, only one remains. Oo

Jinx
10-09-2013, 01:50 PM
My problem is more that I forget if I've thrown something away, or if I've lost it.

Sephex
10-09-2013, 02:56 PM
There was a Mega Man 2 novel I had when I was a kid that just vanished. I am sure it got lost in an end of the year school locker clean out (I kept it at school for some goofing off reading). A few years ago I found a copy on eBay for a couple of dollars. The book is cheesy, but I was whole again.

I Took the Red Pill
10-09-2013, 04:53 PM
I recently had probably my only good experience with lost and found. I left my phone in a taxi, and for some miraculous reason, it was the ONE AND ONLY time, since being in this city for 1.5 years, that I asked the driver for a receipt. With the receipt I was able to call the dispatch, they contacted the driver, and he delivered the phone right to where I lived. Wouldn't even accept any money for the good deed.

On the bad side of things, I tend to lose my favorite hoodie every year. Then I have to buy a new one, fully knowing that it will be gone by the end of the year. Most recent casualty was a charcoal grey Gap zip-up. God I miss that hoodie.

fire_of_avalon
10-10-2013, 02:36 AM
For some reason i keep losing usb flash drives... im using them mostly for my Notebook and netbook. But once i really need them i cant seem to find them. So from my the 7 flash drives i once bought, only one remains. Oo
I wash my flashdrives in the washing machine all the time. Because I just stick them in my pockets and go.

In the fifth grade I lost a turquoise ring my grandmother had given me. Sucks. Other than that I don't think I've ever lost anything really important. And I hope I never do.

Jessweeee♪
10-10-2013, 03:38 AM
My Griever necklace :(

Agent Proto
10-10-2013, 04:39 AM
I haven't lost anything of great importance, as far as I'm concerned. If I have lost something, I must've forgotten about it. :shobon:

Shiny
10-10-2013, 04:59 AM
Oh man, I forgot I also lost my phone in a taxi, but it was returned by a really nice guy who I never even got a chance to meet. He told me to go to a laundromat to get it where he dropped it off because he had left the city. So thanks to that guy and the person who worked at the laundromat. I offered him money but he wouldn't take it.

Pike
10-10-2013, 10:28 AM
HALF OF MY NINTENDO DS GAMES ARE STILL MISSING AND I THINK ABOUT THIS AND GRIEVE BASICALLY EVERY DAY

Someday I will find them and when that day occurs I will have two copies of SimCity DS :shobon:

Scotty_ffgamer
10-10-2013, 05:26 PM
That reminds me, I've been looking for my copy of Pokemon Yellow for about the same length of time that I've been looking for my Ash Ketchum hat. Really, most of my Gameboy games have disappeared and it saddens me.

Pike
10-10-2013, 10:23 PM
I recently found a Pokemon Red cartridge but I don't recognize the file in it so I don't think it was mine to begin with :S

Scotty_ffgamer
10-11-2013, 04:08 AM
I still have Red, Blue, Silver, and gold; but I'm missing Yellow, Crystal, and the TCG gameboy game. I feel like playing Yellow, Crystal, and the TCG pretty often. I get sad every time that urge comes.

As for found stuff, I did find my Super Saiyan Goku bobblehead a few years back. I keep him around wherever I go to decorate wherever I'm living.

krissy
10-11-2013, 04:34 AM
my heart

in san francisco

Pike
10-11-2013, 10:18 AM
TCG gameboy game.

This was seriously one of my favorite Game Boy games. I think I actually know where my copy is. Now to find a Game Boy.