PDA

View Full Version : Treadmills

Hollycat
10-10-2013, 11:16 PM
So, I have this treadmill, on average I use it once every two days and usually either walk 3 miles ate 3 miles an hour or run for 1 at 8 miles an hour. (that's as fast as it goes)

God that thing is exhausting when running

It doesn't help that my feet are all messed up (No idea why, they've changed over the last year and half, I keep having to have surgery on them)

Anyways, what kinds of physical exercises do you do, and how often?

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-10-2013, 11:29 PM
I run a few times a week. Usually anywhere between 2-7 miles. And when I am not being lazy, I go to the gym and lift weights for 45 minutes 4-5 times a week. Everyday I ride my bicycle about 2.5 miles when I take my dog for his run. And I shadow box with weighted gloves 15-45 minutes sparingly throughout the week.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-11-2013, 12:33 AM
During my short stay in Vegas this past month the apartment building I was staying at had a free gym for its residents. I'm not sure of the technical names for all the machines but I ran on a treadmill a lot and was able to do various forms of weight lifting/muscle building. The neighborhood I lived in was safe as well so sometimes at night I would just go for a walk/jog for an hour.

I lost weight while I was there and it shows. Now that I'm back in the midwest surrounded by cornfields and not a lot to do, I tend to just bicycle on long stretches of country road. I'm going to start getting in to jogging regularly again. I suppose I'm just working on cardio at the moment.

Pike
10-11-2013, 01:33 AM

Work, and about 38 hours a week.

I get paid to exercise.

Hollycat
10-11-2013, 01:34 AM

I get paid to exercise.
Your brain doesn't count.

Pike
10-11-2013, 01:38 AM

I get paid to exercise.
Your brain doesn't count.

You're missing the point. My job is nothing but physical exertion. :p

LocoColt04
10-11-2013, 01:43 AM
I used to run my smurfing brains out, but seven knee injuries later (six on the same side) have made any sort of impact exercise pretty much unreasonable until after I get my knee replacement and subsequent rehabilitation.

So... the extent of genuine exercise for me is dropping once a week for 100 push-ups, and cycling from time to time (my chain broooooke :(). But, I do work on my feet for 45-60 hours a week, so there's that.

Otherwise, I handle myself through the glory of not-diet, which is making smarter food choices roughly five days a week. Dropped 50 pounds in less than a year, and now just flux between 150 & 160. I'm not terribly concerned with the weight but there is a little belly roll that I could live without. Might integrate crunches into a daily thing, before I shower in the morning or something.

Shorty
10-11-2013, 03:32 AM
Bleh, nothing lately. I've been thinking I need to get back into running, at the very least, for physical exercise. I hate hate hate doing it, but there's no denying that my body overall feels better when I do it. It helps my sleep like nothing I've ever experienced, too.

NorthernChaosGod
10-11-2013, 07:46 AM
I lift heavy things and put them back down 3-4 times a week.

Shiny
10-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Going up and down the stairs

Walking

...that's pretty much it

Cuchulainn
10-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Never used a treadmill in me life.

I run every day or at a stretch every other day, how long for varies. I work out a bit with weights but that bores the tits off me tbh. Means to an end and the one thing I don't want happening is becoming a big armed, big chested, ludicrous looking man who looks for every opportunity on earth to take his shirt off in public. Those people are dicks.

So yea, I like the old running.

noxious.sunshine
10-11-2013, 09:15 AM
I hate walking/running on treadmills. That kind of exercise is murder on my back.

I love the elliptical though. And swimming, of course. I do neither atm, but I'm hoping to get my own elliptical machine soon.

Mirage
10-13-2013, 10:55 PM
I have an exercise bike that I sometimes sit on while watching series or movies. I also use my bicycle to get to work every weekday, and that's about 6 kilometers each way.

I used to practice martial arts but my working hours make that difficult these days. I'd like to pick it up again when I get a different job, maybe.

theundeadhero
10-14-2013, 03:44 PM
I run for miles and miles at a time.
I don't like treadmills. They're boring and it's easier to run farther/faster on them than in the real world.

Mirage
10-14-2013, 09:55 PM
But if you take that into account, you can calculate how many real running kilometers that would be!

Denmark
10-14-2013, 10:49 PM
sanity walks at work, probably going to be a daily thing again (they were for a while over the summer and then i stopped but now I should start again). they're only like a mile though.

other than that, just stairs and sex

Drift
10-15-2013, 08:48 AM
half hour on the cycling machine, chin ups, press ups, curls, one-arm rows, squats.

Fortunately a mate is making a plan for me to be a bit more rounded and focusing other areas.

Freya
10-15-2013, 08:58 AM
I would love a treadmill but there is no where in my apartment for one. I can't go out and run cause australians get shot by bored teenagers in my town so that's an out. I just stole a stationary bike thing from my mom so I think i'll start using that.