PDA

View Full Version : The Official True American Thread

Shorty
10-13-2013, 08:02 AM
I want YOU

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/we-want-you.jpg

to become a True American!

Come gather 'round people, wherever you roam! For now you are locked in the True American Thunderdome.

I'll repeat some key points from the sign-up thread. The first rule of True American is that you do not talk about the rules of True American. If you know how to play, please do not discuss the rules. If you do not know how to play, observe the moves of the other players and follow in suit. A warning, though! Some of these players are sneaky bastards and may take advantage of anyone seeming too green around these parts. If you are going to copy the move of another player, think hard about the possibility that they may be pulling the wool over your eyes with an unseen strategy. Use your noggin, newbies.

Once again we will be utilizing Eisenhower rules. These rules require the players to reach all four corners of the board and afterward to hit every marker beginning with the letter "S". It does not matter which order you go in as long as each of the "S" markers are hit only after reaching the four corners. Only then may the player make their way to Washington, D.C. after these two plays have been executed.

Additionally, we will be implementing the JFK Factor. This rule begins with a countdown of a bolded single number per post until the number three is reached, whereupon the first person to exclaim "JFK!" after "three" may jump ahead two spaces on the map.

Par exemple:
Shorty: "One"
Jinx: "Two"
foa: "Three"
Pantz: "JFK!" Pantz would get to jump ahead two spaces.

You may use numbers or words, but they must be bolded in order to qualify for the countdown. If you are the last person in the countdown, you may doublepost to call JFK fifteen minutes after your post of "three". This factor may be called by a player at any time, and there are no limits to the number of times it may be played or that a player may win the two-space jump.

For clarity's sake, it may be easiest for players to bold their moves in their posts.

The Players:
1. Shorty
2. Laddy
3. Vivi22
4. foa
5. qwertysaur
6. Silent Warrior
7. Pantz
8. Psychotic
9. noxious.sunshine
10. Quint Eastwood
11. Jinx
12. theundeadhero

A big thank you to Pantz for assisting with map difficulties!

Note: This game will most likely extend through the week to next weekend, depending on how available we all make ourselves. I underestimated the amount of time it would take originally, so I apologize for any inconvenience but let's keep this going!

fire_of_avalon
10-13-2013, 07:43 PM
So can we start playing without the map?

Shorty
10-13-2013, 09:42 PM
The map difficulties have been overcome! A big thank you to Pantz who helped with the map.

Players, set your markers! Pick one space at the furthest outlines of the board (no in-land spaces to start with). I will START my marker at Seattle and move south to Portland.

Rantz
10-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Start at San Antonio, move north to Gainesville.

fire_of_avalon
10-14-2013, 03:46 AM
Start at Portland and move South to Greely.

fire_of_avalon
10-14-2013, 04:29 AM
Hey. Hey something is weird about the map. Asheville, Wilmington and Cape Fear are all in North Carolina but they're appearing across the country in, like, Arizonaish?

Oh, and hey, since there isn't a southward pointing arrow on the east coast, does that mean I can only travel that way in a northward direction? If so, I hate your guts.

Rantz
10-14-2013, 11:36 AM
The arrows are just to signify that it isn't the end of the line, but I believe following those would incur an Emigration Loss.

The map has a system though, don't question it!

Laddy
10-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Start at Memphis move west to St George.

fire_of_avalon
10-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Maybe we should PM everyone who isn't paying attention.

Shorty
10-17-2013, 02:45 AM
Yep. And they've all invoked first degree Yankee Penalties.

Quindiana Jones
10-17-2013, 04:49 AM
I'm gonna START at SAN FRANCISCO and MOVE EAST to SACRAMENTO.

Is that sufficiently bolded? :D

Psychotic
10-17-2013, 08:06 AM
I want to wait six quarter turns in Ironville, push to Gainesville before ending in Fayetteville.

Quindiana Jones
10-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Ooh, a daring opening gambit. I wonder if it'll pay off.

Shorty
10-28-2013, 01:17 AM
I'll give everyone til Friday to get their markers set and then we'll move this thing forward. If you haven't set your marker by then, you're out!

Psychotic
10-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Well if those suckers aren't even going to play I think I should get all of their blue tokens.

Quindiana Jones
10-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Through bribery and collusion, I've already appropriated seven other tokens.

Am I being American right?

Psychotic
10-30-2013, 08:10 AM
That's more Chinese.

Heh.

You're reading a thing that will get you arrested :bigsmile:

Shorty
10-31-2013, 04:50 AM
Well if those suckers aren't even going to play I think I should get all of their blue tokens.

Sold! To the man requesting blue tokens.

Through bribery and collusion, I've already appropriated seven other tokens.

Am I being American right?

Yes, well enough.

PMing all players who have not started yet! You have until the end of the week!

fire_of_avalon
11-01-2013, 01:47 AM
I already started and you PM'd me anyway.

But I'm not going to play anymore anyway. Offer my spot to someone else.

Psychotic
11-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Heh, now you're token.

Silent Warrior
11-08-2013, 05:41 PM
... So... Start at Nogales, move west to San Diego...?

[Edit] (Uh... If someone cares to tell me why I have a title of Dearly Departed, I would be grateful. Don't want nuffin to do with Kingdom Hearts! PM, please-k-thanx.)

Psychotic
11-10-2013, 05:23 PM
I declare myself winner of all America. Anyone dispute this claim should come to Grand Junction for a Grand Showdown within three moves, or else the crown is mine!