PDA

View Full Version : Shows you've been meaning to watch

Shorty
10-13-2013, 11:59 PM
What are some shows that have been around for a while that you've been meaning to watch but haven't made time for?

I'm finally getting around to watching X-Files and later I'll probably tune into The Twilight Zone. My sister raves about both of these shows but I've never really given them a chance. Then there's Mad Men, Six Feet Under, Boardwalk Empire, It's Always Sunny, and someday I'll probably get around to watching Breaking Bad.

Shiny
10-14-2013, 03:25 AM
The Wire

I need my Idris Alba fix.

noxious.sunshine
10-14-2013, 06:46 AM
EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH HOMELAND AND NASHVILLE.

Shauna
10-14-2013, 10:14 AM
I had a list, but I lost it. :( So sad. I do know I need to catch up with Mad Men though.

Elskidor
10-14-2013, 10:27 AM
GoT, The Wire, Prison Break, and stuff.

Shorty
10-15-2013, 04:51 AM
Dude, watch GoT! Right now!

Lonely Paper Star
10-15-2013, 05:07 AM
Need to finish Luther and BSG, but the latter hasn't hooked me yet for some reason, so I'm finding it kind of difficult to continue. Also, I want to watch some classic Doctor Who. I believe Archer, Orange is the New Black, and Fringe are on my Netflix queue, as well.

Psychotic
10-15-2013, 07:30 AM
The Walking Dead and Archer. I don't know if the former is popular because it is good or because it has everyone's favourite undead darlings in it.

Shorty
10-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Season 4 hit 16.1 million viewers last night! There are good thing and annoying things about it. Still worth watching four seasons in, I think.

Del Murder
10-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Star Trek: TNG - Started watching it and then the fall shows came on and I ran out of time.

The Man
10-15-2013, 07:41 AM
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Orphan Black (I've seen the first episode but didn't get around to the others yet because I'm watching so many other things)
The Walking Dead
Farscape
Babylon 5

I also need to catch up on Game of Thrones and Mad Men. And there's a lot of classic Doctor Who I still haven't seen. And I'm only about halfway through season three of The X-Files, and never did finish Eureka either.

Freya
10-15-2013, 07:59 AM
Breaking Bad. That's one I missed.
Once Upon a Time

urmmm others i'm sure

Loony BoB
10-15-2013, 04:36 PM
The later seasons of DS9, Voyager and BSG. Ditto for Doctor Who, where the last time I caught up with it, Karen Gillan was still there. Oh, and the later seasons of all those shows that never aired the later seasons because they were cancelled by jerks. ;_;

As for TV shows I'd like to watch but never get around to... none, because I don't know what I'm missing out on so I don't know if they're great or not. I'm not the kind of guy to get really worried about how I haven't seen a TV series everyone else loves.

Rantz
10-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Star Trek and Buffy are probably the ones that have been around the longest that I've missed out on. As for somewhat more recent shows... The Wire, Boardwalk Empire, Mad Men, Homeland, Six Feet Under, Battlestar Galactica, Archer, Arrow, Bones - probably many more that I just can't think of at the moment. Lots to catch up on.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Doug. I've seen a lot of it, but I don't think I ever saw the final season.

Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Whatever was the most recent season of Doctor Who. I've only seen what's on Netflix.

Shlup
10-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Teen Titans Go, Orphan Black, finish BSG, and maybe give Doctor Who another go.

Jessweeee♪
10-17-2013, 04:15 AM
Weeds, Breaking Bad, Torchwood, Star Trek: TNG, lots of anime.

Freya
10-17-2013, 05:29 AM
Seriously though you all need to watch vampire diaries. It's actually good. I'm not lying.

Mo-Nercy
10-17-2013, 07:48 AM
I've really been meaning to watch Homeland and Breaking Bad, but I recently started on Boston Legal.

Bunny
10-17-2013, 10:04 AM
With the exception of two, maybe three, I have watched all of the shows mentioned so far in this thread.

I need to reevaluate my life.

Shiny
10-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Homeland and Vampire Diaries seem really dumb tbh, but not as dumb as True Blood.

I will take my chances with The Wire. I also need to catch up on Game of Thrones and How I Met Your Mother.

Slothy
10-18-2013, 03:02 AM
Farscape

Easily one of my favourite shows of all time.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-20-2013, 01:39 AM
I've been meaning to watch BSG because Kaycee held me at knife point says its awesome and watched the first episode with me. It just doesn't keep my interest. Can't say I'll ever watch more of it.

/hides forever

Bunny
10-20-2013, 02:31 AM
Homeland seem really dumb tbh

I will take my chances with The Wire. I also need to catch up on How I Met Your Mother.

Nice.

Jessweeee♪
10-20-2013, 03:31 AM
Also The Twilight Zone is like the best ever.

Freya
10-20-2013, 03:53 AM
I've been meaning to watch BSG because Kaycee held me at knife point says its awesome and watched the first episode with me. It just doesn't keep my interest. Can't say I'll ever watch more of it.

/hides forever

Ask proto. I made him watch it too and he loves it

Shaibana
10-23-2013, 06:25 PM
i find it hard these days to find a good quality show since 90% is about crime stuff (or vampires/creatures..
its the same trout over and over but the 'partner' of the detective has a different job (mentalist, writer, bone-expert, you name it...)

what i want is 1 continues story like Game of Thrones or The Walking dead.
i dont like tv shows where every episode has its own story with a vague '(b)romance' about the main characters on the background