PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead Season 8 - Unmarked spoilers for aired eps in thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Shiny
10-14-2013, 03:19 AM
I had a sneak peak of things to come for Walking Dead at NY Comic Con, but they really only gave away one thing: Moss tree zombie is awesome. :kakapo:

The deer and pig dying is interesting. I wonder if that's connected to why Patrick died.

Steven Yeun has amazingly smooth skin. I wonder if he uses coco butter...

Clara reminded me of that guy from Walking Dead Game who kept the head in the bag. So creepy.

Speaking of Walking Dead Game, I have a feeling that we'll be seeing some characters from there once they venture to Macon.

fire_of_avalon
10-14-2013, 04:03 AM
HAY FRIENDS IT HAS BEEN A FEW MONTHS EH?

Please make sure you mark your comic book spoilers in thread! No one wants possible future plotlines detailed.

Violet the pig is dead. Is that a somber reminder that our favorite apocalypse survivalists are just barely hanging on? Or is there some kind of new, terrible disease going around? The thing is I don't remember seeing any animals affected by Wildfire in the show, so far. It'd be kind of weird to start now, if we consider the fact that this is the going into the... I think third summer the group has survived? I think it's the third because season 2 picked up almost right where season 1 left off which would have been the first summer, still.

Anyway THAT GUY ZACK DIED AND BETH WAS ALL NO BIG DEAL.

I couldn't remember Hershel's name for the entire show.

Judith has a lovely bonnet.

It rained zombies and it's all because of that alcoholic dude. IT RAINED ZOMBIES DOE.

Did anyone feel like the headless husband Eddie was ttly a reference to Game of Thrones? Probably not BUT I LOL'D.

Do you think that dead Harry Potter is going to eat baby Judith I AM SO FREAKING AFRAID SOMEONE IS GOING TO WALK IN ONE DAY AND FIND THAT A WALKER HAS EATEN BABY JUDITH. I honestly am more afraid of this than most things that could happen in my actual life.

Are Daryl and Carol ever going to have the best rhyming name hook-up? IDK MAYBE.

McLovin'
10-14-2013, 08:08 AM
The Walking Soap Opera continues...

Elskidor
10-14-2013, 10:28 AM
Did the new season start today?

Shiny
10-14-2013, 09:50 PM
It started yesterday.

Freya
10-14-2013, 10:38 PM
I knew the eye bleeding zombie was shown too many times. He first pan to him outside the gate I was like wtf happened to him that's different. Then it showed him again later and I was all " OK something is up with that eye bleedage." Then that kid got sick. Wtf is with that?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Fun fact for Final Fantasy fans, Vincent Martella who plays newcomer Patrick in this season of The Walking Dead is also the voice of Hope in the Final Fantasy XIII games.

Speaking of Walking Dead Game, I have a feeling that we'll be seeing some characters from there once they venture to Macon.

That would be cool, but I doubt it considering Most of the characters in that game die and I imagine those left alive will have their plotlines played out in the sequel to the game.

I would however like to see characters from The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct show up. It's more wishful thinking than anything. For those who don't know, a woman named Scout gave Daryl his trademark red handkerchief in this game before they went their separate ways. I always liked thinking that it was her way of saying they would see each other again. I'd like to see her in the show. But again, wishful thinking.

Anyway THAT GUY ZACK DIED AND BETH WAS ALL NO BIG DEAL.

This reminded me of season 2 when she felt like she wanted to commit suicide and Maggie told her she still had her family and Jimmy to care about her. Beth said something like "What I've been dating him for 3 months and now I'm married to the guy?". It seems like she has some sort of issue connecting with guys, or at the very least she's accepting the inevitabilities of the apocalypse.

It rained zombies and it's all because of that alcoholic dude. IT RAINED ZOMBIES DOE.

I loved that scene! I thought it was a great way to start off season 4 with a bang.

Overall I'm very pleased with the direction this show has gone coming in to season 4. I was unsure at first about how I would feel about all these new castmembers coming in from Woodbury to the prison. I felt like having to develop all these new characters would take screen time away from our small core group. If the first episode gives us any insight into how this season is going to turn out, though, I don't think that's going to be an issue ;)

Does anyone have predictions on what they think is going to happen this season? As for myself, I see Michonne and the Governor taking each other out somehow.

I also see something breaking apart Glenn and Maggie. The end of last season hyped up the 2 of them getting married, and this season in the first episode they had a pregnancy scare. Happy relationships don't tend to last long in The Walking Dead, so I see something pulling them apart. One of them dying or something otherwise bad happening.

edit: I was glad to see that Norman Reedus got second billing in the opening credits next to Andrew Lincoln. I remember back when he was the last name to show up.

Shorty
10-15-2013, 04:09 AM
Freaking Michonne smiling is like seeing a goddamned white stag walking on its hind legs. I am wondering if the writers got the message about everyone disliking her somber and spiteful attitude during the last season. She smiled a whole bunch and even laughed and joked this season! Great beginning of the season for her character. I was dreading seeing her on screen.

Rantz and I watched this together and something was totally not right about that woman Rick found in the forest. He speculated she had been eating meat that the walkers were eating and that's why she looked so deathly sick and barely human. It provides an explanation as for why she went for that deer that walkers had clearly gotten to first. Something was definitely wrong with her. When they got back to her little campsite, we thought she just had an "imaginary husband" or that she was going to cannibalize him, but NO THERE WAS A BAG ON THE FLOOR ABOUT BODY-LENGTH and yep, zombie husband was definitely in there. Why Rick didn't lop both their heads off is beyond me; seems like asking for trouble.

I am suspecting that the virus is mutating and that is what affected Violet The Pig and Harry Potter Kid (lol foa we thought he looked like a Harry Potter/Malfoy combo xD). And then I am thinking of some super wild conspiracy speculations, that the governor maybe is behind something of feeding walker meat to the pigs and the humans consume the pigs and thus get sick like Harry Potter Kid. How the Governor would be involved, though, I don't know. They seem to have a pretty populated place and I am sure it is patrolled frequently.

Seems like an okay start. I'm not hating it, but like with the past seasons, I am wondering where it can go and what new spin they can put on this series to keep it from getting boring. Maybe that's what they are hoping to do with a mutated virus. In the sneak peek for next week's episode, Carol says, "There aren't many of us left." I don't know if she's referring to non-walkers or if she's referring to their group with all the newcomers after the Harry Potter Kid unleashes hell as a walker.

Looking forward to next week!

edit: Bored of Maggie and Glenn. One of them will end up dying this season.

Del Murder
10-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Seems like an okay start. I'm not hating it, but like with the past seasons, I am wondering where it can go and what new spin they can put on this series to keep it from getting boring. Maybe that's what they are hoping to do with a mutated virus. In the sneak peek for next week's episode, Carol says, "There aren't many of us left." I don't know if she's referring to non-walkers or if she's referring to their group with all the newcomers after the Harry Potter Kid unleashes hell as a walker.
I agree. It was a nice premiere with plenty of set-up and some cool action scenes, but I fear that the show might rest back and do another 'Hershel's Farm' season in the prison where they just kind of sit around and argue with each other. I was hoping to see the last of that. Maybe it won't be like that once Harry Potter Kid raises amok and thins the herd a bit.

This show is much better when there is a real threat from without and not some subtle threats from within.

Shlup
10-15-2013, 04:59 AM
This might be my favorite episode so far. It was nice to see everyone actually doing well for once; I get sad when people spend too much time getting kicked while they're down. I kind of want to see this whole season just be them living happily and killing walkers on the fence. xD

Fun fact for Final Fantasy fans, Vincent Martella who plays newcomer Patrick in this season of The Walking Dead is also the voice of Hope in the Final Fantasy XIII games.
That fact was indeed fun.

Shiny
10-15-2013, 06:03 AM
edit: Bored of Maggie and Glenn. One of them will end up dying this season.
If they die there's no sex. I can't have that.

It's only boring because this is the calm before the storm episode. This will definitely not be another Hershel Farm. trout is going to hit the fan by episode 2 and continue to blow fecal matter everywhere up until the end of the season.

Shorty
10-15-2013, 06:27 AM
Aaah, I completely forgot that Harry Potter Kid specifically thanked Daryl for bringing back a deer and talked about eating it or something. And then there's Violet. Between those two things, it definitely has to be some sort of mutated animal contagion of the virus. But if Daryl brought that deer back, other people must have eaten it, too. I've definitely wondered why the walker virus doesn't seem to affect animals or turn animals the way it does humans. Maybe it's adapting! And maybe that's how all hell breaks loose next episode - everyone who ate the deer turns and Harry Potter Kid was just to show the start of it.

Buuut I just read something about the water, too -

Okay, the amount of times they showed shots of water in last night’s episode literally made me say, “there’s something wrong with the water.” Patrick, the kid who died in the shower at the end was bleeding from the eyes. Bleeding from the eyes is a symptom of Ebola, a virus contracted through contaminated water.

Now that I think about it, they did specifically show water a few times - definitely with that barrel and some other things, as well as focusing up on the water from the shower quite a bit. But Harry Potter Kid was sick before he got in the shower, so I am still stuck on the animal thing.

We don't have all the pertinent information! :argh:

Freya
10-15-2013, 06:51 AM
I guess we'll just have to watch the show or something :(

I didn't think about the water but that makes sense. I was going with the animal thing.

Miriel
10-15-2013, 06:16 PM
I think it's interesting that they are just now starting to even acknowledge the idea that they need to be careful about the things they eat and drink or the blood that splatters on them from the walkers. I mean from the beginning this was just such an unhygienic show. I would grimace every. single. time. people would kiss and they have zombie guts all over them. Ew ew ewwwwww.

I was thoroughly surprised when black alcoholic guy did not die in the store. As soon as they introduced a new black character, I figured he would be toast. But maybe enough people have complained that they'll stop doing that kind of shit?

I also will never understand why ALL of them don't wear the kind of protective gear Glen was wearing. Silly people.

Harry Potter kid at the end was one of the most gruesome haunting images I've seen on this show. It was ghastly.

Overall I thought it was a good episode. But I fear all the woodbury people are gonna end up dead. Killed too many of the core cast already? Time to bring in new characters to slaughter!

Flying Mullet
10-15-2013, 06:38 PM
That fact was indeed fun.
He is also the voice of Phineas in <i>Phineas and Ferb</i>. They discussed this in Talking Dead after the show.

Rantz
10-15-2013, 07:03 PM
I still say the group needs another big goal like the CDC or whatever. Sitting in the prison and going out on mini-runs for action scenes ain't gonna keep my interest up. Though I actually liked the more intense conversations at Hershel's farm about what kind of standards and basic rules apply in such a world, they still need something big to work towards that's not just gonna come to them.

I didn't consider the fact that Harry Potter kid mentioned the deer Daryl brought back, that's interesting. I think it would make sense for the show to let a mutated virus, or whatever it is, kill off most of the Woodburians.

Shiny
10-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Okay, the amount of times they showed shots of water in last night’s episode literally made me say, “there’s something wrong with the water.” Patrick, the kid who died in the shower at the end was bleeding from the eyes. Bleeding from the eyes is a symptom of Ebola, a virus contracted through contaminated water.
That's a good point. It's possible he died from the ebola virus and then came back as a zombie because of course everyone already has the zombie in 'em. The infected mouse, pig, and possibly deer probably had something to do with it.

fire_of_avalon
10-16-2013, 12:59 AM
My theory on this is that Wildfire is mutating in such a way that it contaminates mammals besides human beings and eating infected meat is kind of like getting bit. In that the more or less dormant contagion suddenly gets ramped up, kills you and makes you a walker. If that's the case, then it's only a matter of time before everybody and everything is a walker and that.... well, that makes for a bad ecosystem for whatever type of microorganism Wildfire is.

So maybe that theory sucks. MAYBE THEY ALL HAVE EBOLA NOW. EBOLA ZOMBIES.

I agree with Amanda, though, I like that there's a little levity. Some people SMILED in this episode. Full-on smiled. RICK SMILED AND IS NO LONGER DEAD INSIDE YAY.

Shorty
10-16-2013, 01:12 AM
Know who else smiled? GLENN. He always has a look on his face like he's Spider-man has to make a very difficult decision like choosing between saving Mary Jane and a schoolbus full of children!

Araciel
10-16-2013, 06:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNxvo8AcpQQ

Can't get enough heh

Freya
10-16-2013, 07:19 AM
Hahahah that's great xD

Rantz
10-16-2013, 07:38 AM
That's pretty accurate.

Shauna
10-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Off to an interesting start. It has piqued my curiosity - as always. Hopefully it won't disappoint too bad.

I can't stop watching this even though I complain send help

fire_of_avalon
10-21-2013, 03:32 AM
WEEK 2 - NOT THE PIGGIES

I mean how many of you would have given up by now? Be honest? For every stride Rick makes into making a sustainable, stable life some despotic mothersmurfer or some zombie horde or some former best friend trying to kill him and steal his family comes around and smurfs it all up. And now there's a killer flu.

Honestly, if I'm Rick Grimes I've probably shot myself in the head by now, but not Rick Grimes. He just decides "FINE. I don't get to raise my pigs then I'm going to carry the Python again and smurf trout up."

You go Rick Grimes. You smurf all the trout up.

Also, holy crap. Michonne totally had a baby. Did a walker eat her baby? Again, big fear of babies getting eaten by walkers. OR WHAT IF HER BABY BECAME A WALKER. What if that's what's made her such a stone cold hard ass.

Who is feeding rats to the walkers? Was it that little crazy girl, do you think? Carol went ahead and gave the little crazy girl a knife, so this will go over well.

Daryl looks great with a bandana cattle rustler mask.

When the dad died I got way sad because he was a dad on his own with two daughters AND IT IS LIKE WHAT LIFE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIKE IF IN 1995 THERE WAS A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

Shiny
10-21-2013, 03:36 AM
PETA must have had a field day with this episode. How many times must they show the pigs getting slaughtered? One time is enough. Sheesh!

Like Robert Kirkman, I probably would've killed myself a while ago. There is no way this is a world I'd want to live in.

In reference to Talking Dead: I liked the homage to Romero and Savini. I want to go to Walker School, but can I skip wearing those inevitably painful and hard contacts?

That crazy little girl is a total bitch. I hope her older sister knifes her in the head when she turns.

fire_of_avalon
10-21-2013, 03:54 AM
I just have to wonder what keeps some of the characters motivated. I mean for Rick it's his kids, obviously. For Glenn & Maggie it's each other. And everyone else... I guess the group becomes family. I guess you just get to a point where you decide to survive.

Maybe I wouldn't kill myself because I like to be useful. And a living, breathing person would be hella useful in the prison. More so than a burned up flu guy.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-21-2013, 05:14 AM
We've made some progress in figuring out what causes the infection. Instead of blaming the animals, we know that it's a sort of flu type virus that infects people and animals.

What I want to know is how it spreads. If it's contagious, than the group is really doing a poor job as far as hygiene goes. Every few seconds I kept thinking "Person A is standing way too close to person B!" or "Why are you touching?".

At first I thought Michonne felt like she was feeling flu like symptoms and that's why she didn't want the baby near. But once she held her and started crying I figured it must just be because it brought back some bad memories.

I also want to know who's feeding the walkers. I suppose it could be one of the young girls because she seemed to like the walker that had the "Nick" name badge and was upset that he died. I can't help but feeling that it's someone else though. Someone who we don't expect it to be.

That fence is going to end up falling and it'll be complete chaos. Can't wait to see what happens!

Freya
10-21-2013, 05:28 AM
Seriously who's feeding walkers and who lit the people on fire?! Those poor piggies. Rick has been spending what would be months separating himself from the going crazyness and then he has to kill what he was putting all his focus into to come back from that. Poor piggies. And people too I guess...

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-21-2013, 06:07 AM
Even though there's always the "no animals were harmed in the making of this film" I couldn't help but feeling uneasy when I heard the squealing. I suppose that's something that helps bring the show to life. Sacrifices must be made. Living in a world as the apocalypse sets in ain't easy.

Shorty
10-21-2013, 08:18 AM
It was totally those little shithead girls feeding the rats to the walkers. When what's-her-name-black-chick who got scorched was leaving at the beginning they showed pictured of Nick the Walker and there was discussion about Nick later on between Carol and them. It was totally them.

I didn't even consider that Michonne might have had a child! I, too, first thought she didn't want to hold the baby because of the flu, but when she became emotional I just thought she was overcome with the hope of humanity or something. Interesting.

A rampant killer airborne flu feels a little bit disappointing and kindof seems like a copout. I can see why they are doing it, but I think I would have preferred to have seen another episode with the group questioning what was going on around them and seen more cases of people getting sick from animal meat or something.

When Carol and those two girls who lost their father were deciding on who was going to kill him I was freaking out and thought one of them was going to get snagged.

Interesting business with the fence. I am kindof hoping that this is the start of them realizing that the prison is good but it isn't the safest and that being in as large a group as they are hold pretty big risks. I would love to see them move away from the prison, but I don't know if they'll do that.

Not a suuuper great episode, but I didn't hate it. Clearly there is going to be some drama about who torched those two people on the roof. I honestly don't think it's that important, though - they were both clearly walkers or infected by the flu, but I can see that dragging out over the course of the next episode as a sort of filler.

I'd like the season's goal to become clear atleast by the next episode or I am going to start to get agitated.

Shlup
10-21-2013, 11:08 AM
I cannot deal with this Judith roller coaster of emotions. There's a walker breakout and all I can think about is where the baby is, then Michonne's holding her and crying, and then there's a sickness going around. And I'm sitting here trying to nurse my baby to sleep. Too many feels!

Shorty
10-22-2013, 05:03 AM
Oh oh also, did anyone else notice Rick stab Merle in the skull when the walkers were trying to come through the fence? I am 99% that was Merle because of how the camera stopped on him and the look Rick had on his face when he looked at him for a minute. I don't remember what happened to Merle or how he died, though.

Shlup
10-22-2013, 05:19 AM
The Governor killed Merle and the Daryl killed walker!Merle. It was a whole thing, woman.

Shorty
10-22-2013, 05:19 AM
I don't remember :( I just saw a walker that looked like Merle and thought "holy shit is that merle"

Freya
10-22-2013, 05:58 AM
Wasn't merle. For an instant I thought so but then it wasn't.

You know what was sick? Them pushing the walker through the fence so his face was all gridded and ugh

Del Murder
10-22-2013, 06:05 AM
Maybe they owed the actor for one more episode so they put him in this one as a zombie extra.

Shiny
10-22-2013, 03:15 PM
I don't remember :( I just saw a walker that looked like Merle and thought "holy shit is that merle"

You don't remember that ovary exploding moment when Daryl cried after seeing his brother as a walker?

Elskidor
10-22-2013, 03:20 PM
Wonder when the Governor will return..

Slothy
10-22-2013, 03:34 PM
I'd like the season's goal to become clear atleast by the next episode or I am going to start to get agitated.

You're looking at things the wrong way here. The goal in this show is always safety and stability. Right now they have more of both than they ever had. The prison is defendable, they're growing food, and no one is presently trying to murder them all.

This season almost certainly isn't going to be about them achieving a goal as how everything starts to fall apart.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-22-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't remember :( I just saw a walker that looked like Merle and thought "holy trout is that merle"

You don't remember that ovary exploding moment when Daryl cried after seeing his brother as a walker?

This is my favorite sad scene of the series thus far. The YouTube clip isn't the best edited but it's the only good quality one I found.

bVL7ia6j4pA

Rantz
10-23-2013, 06:47 AM
That crazy little girl looks like the lovechild of Sandra Bullock and Sandra Bullock.

Shaibana
10-23-2013, 06:07 PM
so, any theorie's on who might be sabotaging the prison?
i have given it a thought and i can only come up with that kid (who wasnt able to 'kill' her father)...

she 'liked' the walker Nick, she might as wel been feeding him, though i doubt she she murdered those ppl :o
bu then again, i cant think of anyone else

p.s as a piglover i was horrified by the sacreviced piglets..
im traumatized

Shiny
10-28-2013, 03:10 AM
Not surprised that Carol did it. She's very rash but it's nice that someone other than Rick and one leg McGee are making decisions and taking on more of a leadership role. Speaking of one leg McGee why hasn't he died yet? His character is boring.

Glenn is sick which sucks but I have a feeling they'll go get meds for him only to get back at the prison with the meds and find him turned.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2013, 03:13 AM
Are you kidding me? Hershel Green is the baddest of badasses. I love me some Daryl Dixon and Rick Grimes, but Hershel makes them look like 50's and 60's Disney princesses when it comes to bravery. "Hey, I know that the chances of me getting ebola flu are 110% if I go into the ebola flu Green Mile, but I'm gonna help these people with some herbs and berries anyway, because fuck you I'm Hershel Green."

Shiny
10-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Yeah that was pretty badass, but dumb. Herbs aren't going help much. Nice of him to try, but I am definitely looking forward to his imminent death.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-28-2013, 04:58 AM
A lot of edge of your seat moments in this episode. It really seems like anyone could die at any moment. My two BIG predictions right off the bat:

-Whatever medicine they're looking for will not stop the flu. Or if they do find it and it works, they'll be too late to save some key characters with it.
-Glenn and Maggie have a wedding after they realize Glenn is going to die, and that will be a very sad scene for the show. I picture them saying their vows with her standing next to his quarantined window or something. We'll see!

--------

It looks like Glenn, Sasha, and that young girl are in trouble as far as the flu goes. That guy coughed blood on Hershels face so I can't imagine how he wouldn't get sick soon. I really like Hershel though. Ever since the beginning of season 3 he's been the fatherly figure to all with a voice of reason. He gives good advice and has a nice view of life.

I wasn't sure who burned the bodies at first but in hindsight it makes sense that Carol would. What will be interesting to see is how Daryl will handle it. Those two are close but he also said he wanted to put an arrow bolt through whoever did it. On top of that, Tyreese is out for blood.

Speaking of Tyreese, it will be interesting to see what he does this season. He lost his girlfriend and he may lose his sister. When the car got stuck with the walkers surrounding it it didn't look like he wanted to get out.

It sounded like they heard a faint broadcast, or SOS, or something on the radio. I imagine wherever that message is coming from will play a big part later in the season.

This is random for me to say, but right as they heard the radio message Daryl was asking for the CD case, and for some reason it bugs me that I couldn't see the CD very well that the case was flipped open to.

I don't care what anyone says, I like Carl this season. He's really developed in to his own as a character and I like when he's on screen. Come at me.

Tree Walker looked awesome. So did the back wheel of the car when it was stuck on the pile of walkers.

Freya
10-28-2013, 05:21 AM
Where were all those walkers at? Were they at the clinic or something? And how did no one notice the walkers in the road. Tyrese when it showed hi surrounded I was all "3 dog :( no. Oh well 4 dog will take over" But 3 dawg was alive!

Not surprised carol was the one who did it. She's the only logical thinking person. Teach the kids to defend themselves burn the infected's bodies. Not hard. Just if they weren't dead yet, that'd be the messed up thing.

Shorty
10-28-2013, 05:22 AM
I JUST CAME IN HERE TO BITCH AND COMPLAIN AND SKIRT LOOKING AT ALL RECENT POSTS BECAUSE TWD IS TAKING A MILLION YEARS TO DOWNLOAD AND I AM ANGRY

NorthernChaosGod
10-28-2013, 06:06 AM
Totally thought Tyreese was going to die when he got surrounded, if not by refusing to leave the car. That crazy motherfucker.

I JUST CAME IN HERE TO BITCH AND COMPLAIN AND SKIRT LOOKING AT ALL RECENT POSTS BECAUSE TWD IS TAKING A MILLION YEARS TO DOWNLOAD AND I AM ANGRY

Get better Internets.

Shorty
10-28-2013, 10:14 AM
At the beginning of the episode, I speculated that the two dragged themselves outside and lit themselves on fire to keep what they had away from the group because they knew they were dying. I guess it makes sense that Carol did it.

I kindof feel like there's a spark between Daryl and Michonne! I don't feel like I've ever seen them interact the way they have been this episode.

I'm bored of Tyreese already. I'm bored of people going crazy after someone they love has died. There's too much of it in this show; people are always dying, they're dying every season, every episode. Too much of it has already happened and it's a boring route to take. I know it's a natural thing that occurs when someone you love dies but so much of this show is built around people dying!

I thought at first that Glenn was going to die, but without a doubt Herschel will be the heavy-hitter this season. I am still thinking something will happen to Maggie and Glenn, though.

smurfing Carol screwing around with that water pipe. I almost trout myself. It is safe to say that next to Daryl, she is my favorite character. If she dies, I will be very upset.

Agreed with LWL that Carl is alright this season. He's not such a little trouthead anymore. I will admit that every time I see him open his mouth, in my head I say "get back in the house carl".

Holy trout, that hoard of walkers. Not just a hoard, a smurfing army. That is something to look forward to. I have absolutely no idea what will happen, but I feel like this is the beginning of them relocating from the prison maybe. The walkers will probably try to storm the prison and because there are so many of them, they'll be able to. Most people in the prison will probably die from this virus. If the walkers surround the prison, there will be no way out whatsoever. So they will have to move, and they'll have a smaller group to do it, or they'll be trapped inside and will probably all starve to death. Daryl and his little group will have to get back in time to warn everyone to evacuate. If they can like, get on the PA system and play music consistently on it after they get everyone out, the walkers will all be drawn there for while and will give them a chance to escape.

Unrelated, Tyreese will probably die soon, too. Those are my predictions.

Intense trout is happening!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Take a look at this trailer again if you haven't already:
Comic-Con Trailer: The Walking Dead Season 4 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSi2fJALDyQ)

The radio voice is clearer in the trailer than the episode, it says "Sanctuary. Those who arrive, survive".

I'm not sure how I feel about Stookey. Otherwise known as the guy who knocked over all the alcohol in episode one (or 4dogg as Freya called him).

It's not that he's necessarily a suspicious guy, it's just that I think his klutziness is going to get more people in trouble. Messing around with that alcohol got Zach killed and I think he'll end up doing more klutzy things until something unforgivable happens. Maybe when they go to get this medicine for the flu he's the one that carries the bag when they leave, and he ends up dropping it in a group of walkers accidentally. The trailer made it look like he was fighting walkers for a bag. I'll add that to my predictions:

-Stookey accidentally loses the flu meds to walkers

Elskidor
10-28-2013, 07:37 PM
I thought Carol was the one who did the burning, so that didn't surprise me. They have spent a lot of time showing her and how much she has further changed even more this season. I know someone big is going to die soon, but I can't put my finger on who just yet. I really doubt they want to kill fatherly Hershel, he's one of the cooler characters on the show, and works as a much better Dale than Dale did. The voice of reason. Dixon and Michonne are in the clear for being bad ass favorites, and Carl won't die just because he's going to replace Rick when they do a massive kill Rick shocker in season 6 (My prediction if the show lasts that long). Tyreese...he may die this season, but I think he will have a bigger part in this season's story until then. Glen might be the next to go just because most people are probably thinking he will pull through.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2013, 11:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Daryl Dixon will never ever get any tail in the show because his legions of fangirls will lose their freaking minds, storm the set next season, kidnap Norman Reedus and hold him captive in some kind of twisted Misery-esque scenario. That's also why he'll only die in the very last season, probably the very last episode, if he dies at all. I predict a Hershel death by flu-walker.

Also, what the hell kind of medications are they looking to get if these people have a flu-like condition? That would mean it's viral and probably incurable. I guess Hershel did say they needed to treat the symptoms, but antibiotics aren't going to help.

Grim Reaper
10-29-2013, 01:48 AM
I thought Carol was the one who did the burning, so that didn't surprise me. They have spent a lot of time showing her and how much she has further changed even more this season. I know someone big is going to die soon, but I can't put my finger on who just yet. I really doubt they want to kill fatherly Hershel, he's one of the cooler characters on the show, and works as a much better Dale than Dale did. The voice of reason. Dixon and Michonne are in the clear for being bad ass favorites, and Carl won't die just because he's going to replace Rick when they do a massive kill Rick shocker in season 6 (My prediction if the show lasts that long). Tyreese...he may die this season, but I think he will have a bigger part in this season's story until then. Glen might be the next to go just because most people are probably thinking he will pull through.

I'm pretty sure Daryl Dixon will never ever get any tail in the show because his legions of fangirls will lose their freaking minds, storm the set next season, kidnap Norman Reedus and hold him captive in some kind of twisted Misery-esque scenario. That's also why he'll only die in the very last season, probably the very last episode, if he dies at all. I predict a Hershel death by flu-walker.

Also, what the hell kind of medications are they looking to get if these people have a flu-like condition? That would mean it's viral and probably incurable. I guess Hershel did say they needed to treat the symptoms, but antibiotics aren't going to help.

Two birds with one stone.

fire_of_avalon
10-29-2013, 03:01 AM
Glad to see you're a fan of what is, arguably, your greatest achievement.

Grim Reaper
10-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Thanks. Some of the credit goes to Frank Darabont.

Shaibana
10-29-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm pretty sure Daryl Dixon will never ever get any tail in the show because his legions of fangirls will lose their freaking minds, storm the set next season, kidnap Norman Reedus and hold him captive in some kind of twisted Misery-esque scenario. That's also why he'll only die in the very last season, probably the very last episode, if he dies at all.

well, if the show stay's true to the comics then we cant say for sure can we? (p.s i did not read the commics, so it is not a spoiler).
i would lose my mind if he died.. ill be one of those storming fangirls.

i did not suspect Carol of murdering Karen and David, though her sudden extra camera time should have hinted enough.
as the show went further i started to suspect everyone.. the skinny black guy (not Tyreese) becaus he is the 'weak' one he might just actually do something crazy.. at a certain moment i started to suspect Carl, he is so triggerhappy.

i wonder what will hapen to carol

p.s .. seeing all your predictions on who is going to die, maybe i should get the 'game of throne mentality' by trying not to give any smurfs about anyone.. that way if someone die's it wont breake my heart.. too late for that though :l

Grim Reaper
10-29-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm pretty sure Daryl Dixon will never ever get any tail in the show because his legions of fangirls will lose their freaking minds, storm the set next season, kidnap Norman Reedus and hold him captive in some kind of twisted Misery-esque scenario. That's also why he'll only die in the very last season, probably the very last episode, if he dies at all.

well, if the show stay's true to the comics then we cant say for sure can we? (p.s i did not read the commics, so it is not a spoiler).
i would lose my mind if he died.. ill be one of those storming fangirls.

i did not suspect Carol of murdering Karen and David, though her sudden extra camera time should have hinted enough.
as the show went further i started to suspect everyone.. the skinny black guy (not Tyreese) becaus he is the 'weak' one he might just actually do something crazy.. at a certain moment i started to suspect Carl, he is so triggerhappy.

i wonder what will hapen to carol

p.s .. seeing all your predictions on who is going to die, maybe i should get the 'game of throne mentality' by trying not to give any smurfs about anyone.. that way if someone die's it wont brake my heart.. too late for that though :l

Bit chilly up here, isn't it?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-29-2013, 07:32 PM
The good news is the Dixon brothers weren't in the comics, so there's a certain freedom with his character that a lot of the other characters don't have as far as the writing process goes. I hope he makes it to the end, too.

Shaibana
10-29-2013, 07:47 PM
The good news is the Dixon brothers weren't in the comics, so there's a certain freedom with his character that a lot of the other characters don't have as far as the writing process goes. I hope he makes it to the end, too.

ooh thank god, there is hope!!

Rantz
10-29-2013, 08:06 PM

The show has deviated a lot from the comics, already in the first season and more so now. Many things are the same, of course, but there doesn't seem to be much they wouldn't change if they saw a reason to.

Am I the only one who felt like Carol was lying about killing those people to protect Sandra Bullock Jr? The hand print Rick found was tiny. Maybe it was Carol's, but that wasn't where my thoughts first went. And the girl's cough that got her into the quarantine room was clearly faked - maybe that was a problem with the actress, but...

Grim Reaper
10-29-2013, 10:16 PM

The show has deviated a lot from the comics, already in the first season and more so now. Many things are the same, of course, but there doesn't seem to be much they wouldn't change if they saw a reason to.

Am I the only one who felt like Carol was lying about killing those people to protect Sandra Bullock Jr? The hand print Rick found was tiny. Maybe it was Carol's, but that wasn't where my thoughts first went. And the girl's cough that got her into the quarantine room was clearly faked - maybe that was a problem with the actress, but...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm here from The Underworld
To come after you.

Shlup
10-30-2013, 01:06 AM
No. Killing. Glenn! I do not approve.

I didn't see Carol the Murderer coming, but I was pleased. Good episode overall.

Elskidor
10-30-2013, 01:24 AM
You can not follow the comics for spoilers. The show follows it loosely, but it's like an alternate reality. Nearly all the same characters are in the comic books, (except the Dixon brothers) but nobody is safe. Andrea and Sophia are very much alive in the comic books still, while some others that are still alive on the show died early on in the comics. Shane had all of 6 comic book issues, but in the show he got 2 seasons, and a huge part for season 2. Tyreese was a early day character in the comic that went bye bye during the time of the governor, but in the show he makes his debut with the governor. I think they did all this on purpose so there wouldn't be people using the comics as a rich source of spoilers.

fire_of_avalon
10-30-2013, 02:25 AM
No comic spoilers, please! Some of us haven't read it but want to. I hid them under a spoiler tag for you. :)

Depression Moon
10-30-2013, 02:56 AM
I didn't expect Carol to do that either. Tyrese seems to have gone off the deep end like Rick too which I'm sad to see.

Grim Reaper
10-30-2013, 03:12 AM
No. Killing. Glenn! I do not approve.

I didn't see Carol the Murderer coming, but I was pleased. Good episode overall.

Welcome to the ranks.

NorthernChaosGod
10-30-2013, 08:59 AM
So why are people dying?

Grim Reaper
10-31-2013, 04:47 AM
Because that's what this thread does to the living.

Flying Mullet
10-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Then this thread needs an attitude adjustment. :colbert:

Shaibana
10-31-2013, 03:13 PM
i refuse to go Disney!

Slothy
11-01-2013, 12:32 PM
Where were all those walkers at? Were they at the clinic or something? And how did no one notice the walkers in the road. Tyrese when it showed hi surrounded I was all "3 dog :( no. Oh well 4 dog will take over" But 3 dawg was alive!

Looked like a herd to me.

And they didn't see them because the walkers were around a bend in the road mostly and they were too busy fiddling with the radio. Distracted driving is still a problem in the zombie apocalypse.

Shaibana
11-01-2013, 12:54 PM
haha yes

im guessing the zombie herd at that place is just random.. just like the herd that passed the group on the highway in (i think it was) season 1

Flying Mullet
11-01-2013, 01:40 PM
High-centering your car on zombies is definitely not a problem I considered with the zombie apocalypse.

Shiny
11-03-2013, 01:14 AM
They definitely should've gotten a monster truck.

Slothy
11-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Not setting up your vehicle to be able to run over walkers is a very dangerous oversight.

Araciel
11-04-2013, 01:59 AM
That was not just walkers.. that was a gorram army of the undead.

EDIT - but I agree.

Elskidor
11-04-2013, 03:09 AM
This season is going at a much slower pace than last, and I'm not so sure about it yet. I could take a few weeks off until some more story develops and just binge watch from there. Hmm, guess I'll have to see what next week has in store. I am curious on what will happen to Carol, and if this will cause a rift between Dixon and Rick though.

fire_of_avalon
11-04-2013, 04:15 AM
uVNOFQf5LSE
EXCEPT REPLACE BAXTER WITH CAROL AND BURRITO WITH KAREN AND DAVE.

I honestly don't know how I feel about Carol's banishment.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-04-2013, 07:48 AM
I don't know if Carol is gone from the show. At this point in the show people don't really leave unless they're minor characters, or they die. By my observations, anyway. I'd be willing to bet she'll still get screen time even on her own. We still don't know how the group will react when Rick comes back alone.

And what about the couple Rick and Carol found? Obviously they found the girl dead but the guy still has Ricks watch out there somewhere. It's a shame about the girl because I really like Brina Palencia's other acting work. Maybe we won't see the guy again, either.

I was almost right about Bob dropping that bag. Turns out he was able to save it, but it was pointless for the group as it was just more alcohol. I shoulda seen that one coming. And he was about to shoot Daryl over almost throwing the bottle? Dang, man.

I feel like a lot of the events in this episode were building tension for upcoming conflicts. It'll be interesting to see where they all go from here once the groups are finally all back at the prison again.

Judging by the previews of the next episode, it looks like the people who are sick with the flu are trying to find a reason to escape. Looks like there might be more deaths within the infected group or maybe another murderer. Whatever it is they want to get out and it looks like Hershel is intent on them staying put.

Freya
11-04-2013, 07:53 AM
I'm confused on how she just accepts it. The banishment that is. She's just like "yeah okay. Sounds good. bye." What's daryl gonna do? They were buds.

Slothy
11-04-2013, 11:42 PM
She did try to argue against it a bit, but at this point, I think she's so focused on doing anything to survive that she just kind of had to admit to herself that if she goes back no one would trust her and Tyreese would try to kill her. I do wonder if she'll be bitter about it, and maybe it will come back to bite them in the ass, but short of killing Rick and going back alone she didn't stand a chance in the prison.

fire_of_avalon
11-05-2013, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I kind of feel like Carol really didn't think what she was doing through. Or maybe she just thought her family would be able to accept that she committed this heinous act in order to protect them. What's that saying about becoming the monster to defeat the monster? I don't think we're done with Carol either, and I'm glad for that. The character has really developed into something unusual and interesting. I wonder if she'll link up with the Governor somehow? That'd be an interesting change of pace.

Last night I was angry with Rick for "banishing" her and reinstating some of the not so good policies of the Ricktatorship, but I think more than anything I disagreed with the reasons he gave her. That he had to protect the prison and Judith & Carl, that her ruthlessness was a threat to his way of life.

But I think under all of that Rick really wanted to give her a chance he knew she'd never have at the prison. She can go out into the new world and learn to be someone else. She has a freedom I think very few others have in the time of Wildfire - she truly has a chance to rebuild a life that has been tattered and broken for a long time. If she came back, the guilt and fear of someone finding out would hang over them all for the rest of their lives together.

I wonder if Rick will tell them the truth about what he knows. I can see Tyreese and Daryl both turning against him, Tyreese because he'll see Carol's banishment as her escape from whatever vigilante justice he'd dole out. And Daryl, I think Daryl will just worry about her and miss her. Who knows, maybe this really is a way to remove Carol and possible jealousy from a Daryl and Michonne relationship. FYI I do not ship Daryl and Michonne. Makes no sense to me. Michonne needs to be with someone cuddlier and sweeter. Daryl too.

Slothy
11-11-2013, 03:01 AM
Was waiting for that final scene. Knew it was probably coming with the virus stuff dying down. No pun intended.

Shiny
11-11-2013, 03:13 AM
Two things in last week's episode were problematic to me.

1. Why did did most of the strongest people decide to go off scavenging instead of staying at the prison?
2. Rick leaving Carol behind even though she made the choice out of safety for the group and not out of malice. In the long run all of those people are going to die anyway. Would you rather they suffer and then turn in to a monster? At the stage their illness is at it's going to take more than just a few pills, and rubbing alcohol to help them.

Number 1 is especially troubling because when they actually needed the man-power in this episode hardly no one was there. They of course show up after Rick and Carl decimate everything. Perfect timing. Also, some how Glen is able to survive not becoming a zombie for this episode, but I don't think he will last much longer unless whatever medicine they were able to find actuall works.

None of this will actually matter in the long run because it's evident that One Eye McGee will try to smurf with them again. He was probably watching them the entire time waiting for the moment when they seemed their weakest.

Also Hershel may be the only optimistic and completely moral person left on this show and that's exactly why I dislike him here. No one with any morality would actually last very long in these situations. They'd eat up on the inside or get eaten by a zombie. He's had too many close calls to be alive at this point for doing dumb yet kind things.

Freya
11-11-2013, 03:54 AM
The rick and carl bonding/shooting was great. Near every new person was killed. Glenn survived. And the governor is back! Michonne stops looking for him and there he is!

Everyone who was worried about all the new people don't have to worry anymore cause they are all dead. Besides creepy little girl. She's alive and creepy.

fire_of_avalon
11-11-2013, 04:00 AM
I think if Hershel had changed - if he'd let the hope drain out of him - he'd have died a long time ago. There's a reason they used that particular Steinbeck quote in tonight's episode; the line is from one of his last works, the travelogue Travels With Charley: In Search of America. The book is about an older, tireder Steinbeck, who is close to the end of his life, and his desire to reconnect with the wanderlust that encompassed his young adult life and see America again through the scope of his experience.

Hershel, like Steinbeck in Travels is an old man in a new world, and all he can do is react and cope with the new world through the scope of his experience, too. The quotation, "A sad soul can kill quicker, far quicker, than any germ" is obvious on its face - reaction to an experience can make healing from an illness or a tragic even take longer, a broken heart can render us helpless and a sense of hopelessness can leave us destitute and yielding to oncoming death. Hershel can hope - it's his greatest gift - and in hoping can inspire others to hope, and survive, as well. I can see being bored with that particular aspect of the story because a lot of people in various forms of media like to harp on the essential-ness of hope to survival of tragic events ... but the character I think is interesting in his flaws and his assets.

Also, I jumped up and yelled at my tv when that one eyed bastard showed up again. How come nothing has eaten his face off, yet?

Also, Carl is a badass. Hershel is a badass. Rick and his green beans are badasses. Whole bunch of badasses up in the prison.

Shaibana
11-11-2013, 11:40 AM
*does not look at the comments but goes straight away to replyíng on this thread*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO i forgot to record it last night :l ... i guess ill just have to watch it on the internet without subs D:

Flying Mullet
11-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Was waiting for that final scene. Knew it was probably coming with the virus stuff dying down. No pun intended.
The final scene disappointed me. I wish they had brought the Governor in as a surprise mid-episode in a "Where the hell did he come from?" moment instead of using him as an advertisement to watch the next episode of the show. Once again money and business trump quality storytelling. :(

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-12-2013, 06:19 AM
Maybe the Governor was the one feeding rats to the zombies in an effort to make them pile up on that one part of the fence so it could intentionally collapse. But weren't the rats on the inside? Hmm.

And where are his subordinates? Guess we'll find out.

A lot of my predictions seem to go out the window. That's a good thing, though. It means I'm not guessing what's going to come next which is what I want out of a show.

Also what's up with Rick's hand? Is it just me or does the camera show his gauze wrapped hand a lot? For the life of me I can't remember how he got hurt. Someone's going to point it out to me and than I'll feel like an idiot for forgetting.

NorthernChaosGod
11-12-2013, 07:26 AM
You don't remember him beating the shit out of Tyrese? o_O

Shaibana
11-12-2013, 06:24 PM
idd, he got his hand hurt beating up tyrees's face.
im still convinced that it was the little girl who was feeding the zombies those rats.

im still waiting for Bob (the black guy with the alcohol problem) to die.
he is jus the perfect victem to die next

Rantz
11-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Yeah, there's one too many black guys on the show.

The Governor being back was no surprise because everyone on facebook was all "OMG HE'S BACK #walkingdead" and I guess that was them being subtle.

I liked the Rick/Carl scenes. I think Andrew Lincoln is doing a great job in his role. The conflicted feelings - concern for his son's innocence, and growing respect for his maturity and ability to cope - were plain to read on his face during the whole scene.

Freya
11-12-2013, 08:08 PM
I still refer to tyrese as 3dogg and other guy as 4dogg

Shaibana
11-12-2013, 09:19 PM
I still refer to tyrese as 3dogg and other guy as 4dogg

dont get to atached to 4dogg.. i can almost smell his death comming

as for the governor, i saw it comming too.. but the spoiler came from AMC (on fb) itself :(
im always 1 day later becaus then its also aired in holland with subs.
so AMC posted: "he is back!' .. i inmediatly knew who

Rantz
11-12-2013, 09:26 PM
I have them liked too and I don't know why. I usually enjoy getting updates from shows in my feed but most of them are so spoilery!

Shlup
11-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Rick leaving Carol behind even though she made the choice out of safety for the group and not out of malice. In the long run all of those people are going to die anyway. Would you rather they suffer and then turn in to a monster? At the stage their illness is at it's going to take more than just a few pills, and rubbing alcohol to help them.
They were barely coughing; they could've gotten better.

The rick and carl bonding/shooting was great. Near every new person was killed. Glenn survived. And the governor is back! Michonne stops looking for him and there he is!

Everyone who was worried about all the new people don't have to worry anymore cause they are all dead. Besides creepy little girl. She's alive and creepy.

The father-son full-automatic bonding was my favorite part too.

Elskidor
11-13-2013, 01:24 AM
I keep noticing 3dogg and 4dogg being brought up, so I'm dropping a little page concerning the black man and TWD. It's funny kinda..

The Walking Dead?s Ongoing ?Black Man Problem? | thenerdsofcolor (http://thenerdsofcolor.org/2013/10/29/the-walking-deads-ongoing-black-man-problem/comment-page-1/#comment-1199)

Shlup
11-13-2013, 01:53 AM

ehehehe

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-13-2013, 02:51 AM
Someone's going to point it out to me and than I'll feel like an idiot for forgetting.

You don't remember him beating the trout out of Tyrese? o_O

And there it is. Things like this get to me because I really pay attention to detail. So when I forget why something happens I can't help but feeling bad. Maybe it's because Tyreese's eye is healing nicely, I just didn't make the correlation when I thought about it this episode.

Elskidor
11-13-2013, 04:18 PM
That was probably the most action packed and interesting episode of this season for me. They have 3 episodes left to leave the mid series finale in some type of cliffhanger, and The Governor will be behind it. Has he been feeding the rats? Was this his plan all along? Is it possible he was some how behind the deadly virus even? Does he have Carol, or is Carol going to win her way back into Rick's crew by warning them about the Governor? I really don't know where they are going with this, but I have little doubt that the days of the prison will finally be over by the mid-season finale.

I also predict a main cast members death, and since Hershel and Glen appear in the clear, I can see them killing off Tyreese to make room for 4dogg to actually do something. Tyreese's lack of anger management is going to get him killed. Carol may also be a victim if she ends up sacrificing herself to save the group, or just die in some way, and it will be used as some sort of new struggle in Rick's character development and how he will again doubt his ability to judge and make the right decisions.

Right when I was beginning to find myself bored of the slow season 4 start, things have began to pick back up for, hopefully, the better. I do hope The Governor dies this year though. He's a good baddie, but I don't want him to overstay his welcome and hurt the show.

Shaibana
11-13-2013, 06:13 PM
naa, i dont believe we will see carol back this season, or alteast not till the end.

Rantz
11-13-2013, 09:49 PM
I hope the governor doesn't become this season's main villain, to be honest. He's pretty good at being the villain, but enough is enough.

Edit: Actually what I think would be best for the show is if the governor somehow got them out of the prison and invalidated it as a base, as a last act of vengeance, and then was killed off. I think the group really needs to be on the move again for the show to regain its life.

Shaibana
11-13-2013, 09:54 PM
I hope the governor doesn't become this season's main villain, to be honest. He's pretty good at being the villain, but enough is enough.

Edit: Actually what I think would be best for the show is if the governor somehow got them out of the prison and invalidated it as a base, as a last act of vengeance, and then was killed off. I think the group really needs to be on the move again for the show to regain its life.

looking at recent events i am pretty sure they will be on the road sooner or later.. they just cant hold those zombie's off like that forever.
im just curious what the Governor wil do.
is he alone? or does he still have some ppl on his side?

Rantz
11-13-2013, 10:08 PM
I think he must be alone, unless he found a new group, but I doubt he would have bothered, given how last season ended.

Shaibana
11-14-2013, 12:33 PM
i'll bet he is suicidal.. in a way like: ''before i go down im going to take all of you with me!''

ooeehh i just saw a little teasor on FOX during a commercial where they pronounce a marathon of season 4, the governer was standing very badass in front of a burning building (a building outside of the prison)

Shiny
11-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Based on what information was given at NY Comic Con there will be two other new characters revealed...

This is old news though and not really a spoiler. Though I strongly believe Tyreese will die this season if they're going to follow the events of the comic book.

Slothy
11-14-2013, 03:58 PM
I'd probably mark that as a comic spoiler just to be specific so FOA doesn't smack you Shiny.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-14-2013, 04:13 PM
the governer was standing very badass in front of a burning building (a building outside of the prison)

My first thought was maybe he went back to Woodbury and burnt it to the ground.

Shaibana
11-14-2013, 07:25 PM
the governer was standing very badass in front of a burning building (a building outside of the prison)

My first thought was maybe he went back to Woodbury and burnt it to the ground.

hmm i dont know. it didnt seem like woodbury. if i have seen it correctly it was a house standing alone, not attached to other buildings

Shorty
11-17-2013, 01:44 AM
Like Elskidor, I feel like the most recent episode was the most action-packed of the season so far. There were several moments when I had my hands up to my head or I was peering through my eyes about what was happening on screen. So many great moments, too. I feel really satisfied with this episode, and it was a great example of exactly what I want from this show.

It's a little too convenient to me that Carol is let go right before The Governor shows back up, who I am really excited for, by the way. I don't see how he can't be the main villain - it's halfway through the season at this point. I am excited for murderous, bloodthirsty rage and revenge. Him being the slinky sort of behind-the-scenes sonofabitch as Governor of Woodbury is not my favorite kind of villain. I want fully fledged angry hating kill everyone villain! But he's smart, too. He has to be, or he wouldn't still be alive at this point. Didn't he escape with like two other dudes, too?

I almost kinda sorta wondering if Carol might team up with him. Might. But I don't think she's the kind of person who would want to hurt those who hurt her. But at the end of her episode, there was a lot of talk about how she's changed, etc. I'm not sure. It's not in her character as she is now, but I don't see how being banished when she thought she was doing something right is going to leave her in good spirits about the place. Then again, I don't think the Governor will want to team up with anyone at all. He probably just wants to kill anyone and everyone he can get his hands on. And I don't think it's the last we've seen of Carol.

Nice to see Carl finally listening and staying in the house where he belongs this episode. Also poor Hershel, my goodness. Atleast three times this episode he said, "I thought I told you to [something something]" and he always does it with such sweetness and such a smile, even though no one listens to him. foa's paragraph about Hershel really touched my heart, too, because it's so true.

DID ANYONE SEE MICHONNE BATTING HER EYELASHES AT DARYL "that stone goes with your eyes :flirt:" She loves him! But ohhh trout, when he finds out about Carol. I don't think there's any way he'll just accept Rick's decision and not go looking for her.

No sign of Hershel's daughter and Judith all episode! That was weird.

Tyreese is bugging the trout out of me. I hope now he's pulled his head out of his ass. Same with Alky McDrunkles. That guy's going to get killed soon. And I was almost certain we'd lose Glen this episode. Someone from the main cast has got to go, though - they kill someone off every season. So, who's it going to be?

I am really liking the soundtracks to this show. They've played some great songs at the endings of these last few episodes. This was the one from Carol's banishment episode, if anyone's interested.

Sharon van Etten - Serpents
qD7cjn_Zy8o

And another that I don't know where it's from in the show -

Wye Oak - Civilian
kE7jVnkrAZU

fire_of_avalon
11-17-2013, 08:19 AM
I love the music in the show, too. My favorites so far were the use of "The Regulator" by Clutch in the season 2 midseason finale, and Beth singing "Hold On" by Tom Waits in season 3. I pretty much hope Emily Kinney sings a pretty song every season.

Shorty
11-17-2013, 09:21 AM
She is absolutely amazing! I did not expect.

Rantz
11-17-2013, 09:22 AM
I love the music in the show, too. My favorites so far were the use of "The Regulator" by Clutch in the season 2 midseason finale, and Beth singing "Hold On" by Tom Waits in season 3. I pretty much hope Emily Kinney sings a pretty song every season.

I hope she sings every episode. Her singing Hold On was literally one of my favourite moments in the show.

Elskidor
11-17-2013, 11:46 AM
I like her songs. I have heard a few people complain about the singing and cringe, but go on and on about how great certain gruesome zombie kills were. For me the creative ways of how to kill the next zombie are not very important. It's a show about survival and death, yes, but it's refreshing to hear song in a world with little hope left in the world. It's a breath of fresh air, and it's a nice touch for the show.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-17-2013, 02:05 PM
This is the song I listened to most from the show. It's from season 3 when Andrea was tied up in that torture chair.

Voxhaul Broadcast - You Are The Wilderness

QjesDIGTmGE

Shaibana
11-17-2013, 05:56 PM
here, this is what i saw in the commercial!

Shorty
11-17-2013, 06:19 PM
He looks so angry, it's so funny to me xD

Freya
11-18-2013, 03:04 AM
Governor's got mad game with the bitches.

fire_of_avalon
11-18-2013, 04:00 AM
This is the song I listened to most from the show. It's from season 3 when Andrea was tied up in that torture chair.

Voxhaul Broadcast - You Are The Wilderness

QjesDIGTmGE

Ugh, I love that song!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-18-2013, 04:44 AM
Judging from last weeks previews I figured this would be a Governor centered episode. They've had a lot of character centered episodes this season. Last episode was mainly Hershel, before that was anyone who wasn't at the prison etc

If the previews for next week are any indication it will be another episode focused on the Governor. I don't really like going a few episodes without seeing the main group but I like the direction this episode took. They showed the human behind the monster and thoughts of his little girl made him care about a new little girl. It'll be interesting to see how he'll do under Martinez. I wonder how they split up in the first place. And what happened to the other guy that was with them?

Elskidor
11-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Will they stay under Martinez though, or are they attempting to redeem him like they did Merle? Is that even possible for the Governor at his point? After last night's episode I was wondering if it was possible if the Governor may be returning to the prison for a different reason rather than ill intent, although probably not, and he would be pretty stupid to do so.

The next episode will have to be another Governor centric, and probably nothing on the prison team and it seems confirmed.. Andrew Lincoln (http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/andrew-lincoln) (Rick Grimes (http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/rick-grimes)) recently told Atlanta Magazine (http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/articles/2013-10-23-season-4-spoilers-no-daryl-dixon-rick-grimes) “My job is to serve my character in the scripts that I’m given. I just read two scripts, both of which I’m not in. And I think they’re the greatest episodes we’ve ever had.”

The episode that follows that one will be the mid season finale, so I guess the natural stopping place will have to be something big like a new big quarrel with Woodbury and the Prison again, or something that puts all the major characters together. I still think the prison is going bye bye and very soon.

Rantz
11-18-2013, 07:43 PM
That was my favourite episode of this season so far by a long shot. Finally some new direction! I imagine this is only a temporary tangent they're not planning to make a habit of, but I kind of wish they would. I'd love to see more arcs about other people away from the group - Carol, for example. Other surviving groups.

Freya
11-18-2013, 10:01 PM
found this

made me laugh

http://i.imgur.com/YTZs2Xu.png

Elskidor
11-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Hilarious

fire_of_avalon
11-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Like Pontus, this has been my favorite episode of season 4 and probably one of my favorite period. And I am (was?) an unabashed Governor hater from when he killed the military dudes in cold blood. I actually now find myself struggling to decide how I really feel about this man. He and Carol are a lot alike, I'm realizing, in their dedication to an idea or a group. Carol killed two people to protect her family, the Governor killed... a whole lot more to protect his town and his secret. And they both have found themselves in exile. But I miss Carol and I hate the Governor. ... But i might not hate Brian Heriot.

But they're both still wrong in what they did, because they allowed their humanity to take a backseat to what they love and obsess over. So. I don't know how to reconcile this inside my brain. AND HOLY CRAP DAVID MORRISSEY IS A GR8 ACTOR.

Shlup
11-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Definitely my favorite episode of season four too. Made me feel like, if I were Brian Heriot, I might've turned into a bloodthirsty dictator too.

Shaibana
11-19-2013, 06:21 PM
my recorder didnt record it correctly.. it started somwhere halfway so ive seen the last 30 minutes and after that the first 12 minutes on the internet..

this episode was way to tame compaired with last weeks episode. i expected some actin.. but none

and who predicted that the Governer went back to Woodburry after i posted that he was standing very badass before a burning house?
you were right after all ^^

Freya
11-19-2013, 08:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2R6Ano9.gif

http://i.imgur.com/zjknrw9.gif

http://i.imgur.com/tji8qtC.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Hv978Ec.gif

http://i.imgur.com/YzAJv80.gif

http://i.imgur.com/UJGhUVA.gif

Rantz
11-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Lmao, that is so unsafe and hilarious.

Elskidor
11-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Slightly different show, but watching the Norman and the crossbow reminded me of John Locke learning how to throw knifes by hitting a dollar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpjoXm_5Fg

fire_of_avalon
11-25-2013, 03:12 AM
FOA'S INTERNAL CONFLICT IS NOW OVER, THE GOVERNOR STILL BATSHIT CRAZY AQUARIUM ENTHUSIAST.

Flying Mullet
11-25-2013, 02:00 PM
I don't think The Governor has called the little girl by her real name yet. I'm waiting for him to call her by his daughter's name just to add to his crazies.

Shiny
11-25-2013, 05:42 PM
I don't see how anyone could have believed that he changed. Once you have gone so far in to the deep end as he has there is no coming back especially not during a zombie apocalypse. Also omfg a tank.

Slothy
11-25-2013, 05:55 PM
I almost feel bad for him because he clearly didn't want to be in charge and go to that place again, but feels like he was cornered into it. But then he keeps on being the Governor and all sympathy goes out the window.

Flying Mullet
11-25-2013, 06:09 PM
Once you go whack you never come back.

Rantz
11-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Well, I grew some sympathy for him with the last episode, and lost it again with this one. But I still think he's one of, if not the most interesting character to follow.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Not a fan of killing Shumpert off screen. At least they addressed it, but it would have been interesting to see where they could have gone with that. Even if it was just one more person the Governor killed in a fit of rage at the new camp.

Elskidor
11-25-2013, 10:53 PM
I liked both of the last episodes, and the next one looks like it's gonna be a hell of a roller coaster ride. How long is the break? I usually watch after the season is over, and not on a week to week basis so I'm curious how long the hiatus is suppose to be.

Shorty
11-26-2013, 02:24 AM
I feel sympathy for the man. :colbert: NO REGRETS

Slothy
11-26-2013, 02:32 AM
The man deserves sympathy. The monster he's become does not.

Still, I like that TV Governor is far, far, FAR more sympathetic than comic Governor. My god, was he ever a real monster.

Shorty
11-26-2013, 02:37 AM
Don't even care. I am totally for The Governor after the last two episodes.

Shlup
11-26-2013, 06:37 AM
I like him. I just hope he dies painfully.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-26-2013, 09:36 PM
A friend of mine pointed out that this is now the third time "governor group vs prison group" has happened and it's getting stale because it's hard to build up to something that's happened twice already and be excited for it as a finale.

I don't necessarily agree. I think there's always something new and interesting they add to it which keeps it entertaining to watch. But I will agree about wanting a change of scenery. I won't complain about that though as I think a big part of this season is building up to that, and how the prison isn't safe and needs to ultimately be evacuated.

Also, did anyone else hear the news that AMC wants to do a Walking Dead spin-off show, or companion show, scheduled for 2015?

Elskidor
11-26-2013, 09:51 PM
They have been repeating things a lot. I'm not bored of it, but I do hope this is the final confrontation. I'd really like the days of the prison to be over and done with. They also repeat the same thing by introducing new characters just to kill them off too though. There has to be fatalities and I understand that, but every time a new group is introduced it's a give in that 90%, if not all of them, will just be the new redshirts.

I have not heard about a spin-off. I'm going to have to go and Google that later.

Dr Unne
11-27-2013, 03:47 AM
The governor kept a room full of people's severed heads in a room that he watched like TV, he machine-gunned a bus full of tonwsfolk for no reason, and he raped at least one of the main characters, never mind trying to murder the rest of them. I'm not sure how anyone could feel sympathy for this character.

He's one-dimensional. He has no remorse or empathy, oh boy. The new episodes (the story about his brother for example) suggest that he was a psychopath in the pre-apocalypse days but society kept him in check. I guess that's vaguely interesting, but the character himself is not interesting other than being a psychopath. He's also a skinny old nerdy guy and I can't suspend disbelief enough to let him be the villain he's supposed to be.

The governor can wander the streets in broad daylight near-starving and apathetic to his own well-being and somehow survive long enough to grow a full beard. That girl from a recent episode literally had her legs ripped off in a matter of hours. The governor has a plot bubble around him that prevents anything bad from happening except what the plot needs.

Guy watches him go completely insane and murder a whole town of semi-innocent people, then a while later finds him in a hole in the ground. Hmm, might as well save his life, not tell anyone, give him guns and take him hunting. What could possibly go wrong?

Guy with eyepatch shows up in camp, two days later all the leaders are dead. Good thing that one-eyed guy is here to be the new leader! No one in camp questions this? How did he murder someone in a trailer in the middle of the day and get his body to a lake without anyone noticing? How did no one notice him leaving camp in the middle of the night with a car packed full of food and come back later like nothing happened? Does anyone in this place stand watch? I guess it's not like they're completely surrounded by zombies or anything. Bad writing.

I'm hoping they brought him back this season just to kill him off in a spectacular fashion. Like point-blank blast with the tank. But he's probably going to get to kill a few main characters first.

here, this is what i saw in the commercial!

Crinnnnnnnggggge. Maybe if they had a different actor playing him or something.

Shorty
11-27-2013, 03:49 AM
I forgot about the rape. The other stuff I don't care about as much.

Slothy
11-27-2013, 03:56 AM
He's one-dimensional. He has no remorse or empathy, oh boy. The new episodes (the story about his brother for example) suggest that he was a psychopath in the pre-apocalypse days but society kept him in check. I guess that's vaguely interesting, but the character himself is not interesting other than being a psychopath.

He's really not a psychopath though. And I mean that in the literal sense of him not being a psychopath since he has clearly been shown as capable of having feelings for other people. He's just a person who went so far down the rabbit hole of doing absolutely anything to survive and maintain his own power that there's no coming back from it because, at this point doing, the awful things he does has become too easy for him to live with and justify. From what we've seen in the last two episodes, I can't believe for one second he started off in life as a legitimate psychopath.

Dr Unne
11-27-2013, 04:53 AM
He cared for his daughter, but there's no indication it was more than as a pet. He even literally kept her zombie corpse as a pet. He clearly has a weird corpse fetish thing going on. He supposedly cared for Andrea and then left her to be tortured/killed by a zombie. That doctor guy who was his assistant in town and supposedly knew him for a long time, he easily murdered that guy with his own hands from what I remember.

The story he told in the last episode was his brother took the fall for something the governor did and his dad beat the crap out of his brother, and the governer let it happen, and the moral of that story was his brother was weak. Consider the scene where he knocks on the door in the apartment building, that lady from his new family answers and he says "Goodbye" and turns to leave without a word, before she stops him. Consider the scene where the zombie is about to eat that new little girl in camp, and he shoots the zombie and then just turns and walks away, like no big deal. Consider the scene where he murders some guy for being "too good" and then calmly tells his brother how there is no right and wrong and if he doesn't agree with that, he's next to die. He uses people as tools. He lies without remorse. He kills people without even the slightest remorse. He doesn't show that he has any deep emotion other than instinct for self-preservation and anger and an inkling of attachment for his daughter. He forms connections with people on some level but it's not the same way normal people form connections. Can you imagine him abandoning his new family if "necessary"? I easily can.

Contrast with Rick, who does what he needs to survive but still feels really horrible about it for years afterward, who keeps questioning his actions, who is trying to keep his son from turning out like the governor. That more or less describes most or all of the main characters. They do horrible things but they're conflicted about it.

Granted everyone is living in a world that's set up nicely for psychopaths to prosper, because brutal things are necessary for survival. Granted I don't know what's going on in the governor's head (because he's imaginary), but the character seems psychopathic to me. I could be wrong.

Rantz
11-27-2013, 09:54 AM
I do agree that the Governor is a psychopath (and I'm something of an expert of a subject; I'm from the internet), but I don't agree that he is one-dimensional. He definitely puts his own survival far before anyone else's, but he also puts his group's survival far ahead of any "outsider", and I believe there is something more than self-preservation behind that.

fire_of_avalon
11-28-2013, 04:05 AM
I strongly, strongly dislike The Governor, but I disagree completely that 1) he is a psychopath and 2) the character is flat. And I can't believe I'm about to defend him...

We've seen from the last two episodes that he is capable of fierce, deep and abiding love; even if it is unhealthy and possessive. After he gunned down the Woodburians, he became apathetic to his own life. He didn't dispatch the walker that came for him in the camp, he let it get almost close enough to rip his face off. After Martinez and Shumpert abandoned ship, he wandered just waiting for the inevitable. Then he met Lilly & Megan's family. He found his way back from a passivity with regard to death to actively caring about the well-being of other people and risking his life to provide meager assistance. Remember that he ventured alone into the nursing home to retrieve oxygen tanks for Lilly's dad? Remember that he tried to take them all back with him, but could only get two?

I think he really believed he had the opportunity to start over and truly didn't want to have the same power he had in Woodbury again... to begin with. That's why he killed Martinez, who offered to "share the crown" with him. While he was murdering Martinez he was repeating "I don't want it, I don't want it." Was it completely crazy to kill someone for offering to share power with you? Yeah, but if you consider that he believes a woman murdered his child in front of him, failed spectacularly in taking on the prison, massacred his own people in a fit of anger... yeah, I get that this crazy reaction is maybe not indicative of long term mental health issues. His reaction to Martinez isn't so much "I don't want to share" as it is "I don't want to become that monster again." I think being faced with the dead soldiers wearing the signs describing their wrong-doings (which were all things the Governor had also done!) was probably making him a little sensitive.

He tried to leave when he realized the camp was vulnerable and he was backsliding back into his old ways. The mud zombies were a heavy-handed metaphor to demonstrate the fact that he feels trapped and unable to make any move but murdery, coups to get power and stay safe.

In the end, he's murdered Pete because Pete stood between him and leadership, but I don't think he wants to lead for the sake of leading. He's a narcissist, that much is true, and he believes only at his direction will he be able to pool the resources of this group to protect the things he cares about.

Regarding the zombie aquariums, though, that's just plain crazy/a plot device to let the audience know HE'S BAAAAAAAAAACK.

His inability to coexist with the prison will be his undoing, and his inability to maintain his humanity. Again, as the whole Carol situation demonstrated, you can't lose your humanity protecting what you love. A monster doesn't get to have a family or love if being a monster is all they know or they can do.

I guess the reason I dislike him so much again, given the fact that they have developed him and the fact that they have shown he has some kind of backwards remorse, is the fact that he's so damn weak and just fell back to the old, failed way of doing things. He could be more than he's willing to be. And he's picking on my friends who just want to eat peas and sing to babies and try not to die of the ebola flu.

Shaibana
11-28-2013, 12:17 PM
so at the end we saw Carl and Rick being bussy, and now im wondering where we are at.

there are 2 options though, we either get a ´flashback´ to the begining of the season through the Governor´s eyes and perhaps he did sabotage the prison by feeding the zombie´s the rats near the gate etc.

or that stays unsolved for now, if its not the governor then i still believe it was that little girl.

but seeing the situation, Hershel outside with Michonne, i´d guess its the 1st option

Slothy
11-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Can you imagine him abandoning his new family if "necessary"? I easily can.

Then you weren't really paying attention.

Honestly, it seems FOA gets it (and is probably the only person to know what a psychopath is). The governor loves that little girl. In fact, he's very much using her as a surrogate for his own daughter. He's done everything he felt he could, in his own smurfed up way, to try and stop being the Governor and just be as happy as he could with that family. He shows no remorse when he kills because he feels what he's doing is right and justified to keep them safe. He kept his zombie daughter around because he was desperate to find a cure. An actual psychopath would have put a bullet in her brain and moved on.

I'm actually a bit surprised that this stuff isn't obvious. Now if we were talking about the comic Governor you'd be pretty much on point, but this guy isn't a psychopath. Everything he does is for a reason and to protect himself and people he cares about. Now what he does is really smurfed up, but that in and of itself doesn't make him a psychopath.

EDIT: The governor didn't sabotage the prison Shaibana. Where we see him outside of it at the end of the episode is clearly the first time he even cared about going there. And since we see Rick and Carl eating their peas and Michonne and Hershel outside the fence getting some supplies and stuff we're seeing him basically arrive at the prison right at the point he was revealed during the last prison group episode.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-28-2013, 04:25 PM
The story he told in the last episode was his brother took the fall for something the governor did and his dad beat the crap out of his brother, and the governer let it happen, and the moral of that story was his brother was weak.

Actually, I figured this story was to show how the governor grew up with an abusive father and how that heavily contributed to the person he is now, as opposed to always being crazy. He grew up with violence.

I imagine the part where he thought his brother was weak was only said in hindsight. I bet at the time it happened he was scared for him.

fire_of_avalon
11-28-2013, 07:42 PM
I think these last two episodes are really great tie-ins with the overall theme to the season, what Clara said to Rick after she stabbed herself; the question that Rick is constantly asking himself now: Do you get to come back from the things you did?

In the Governor's case, that answer is clearly "no." I think maybe too that's why I hate him so much - because there's no hope left for him and I'm a pretty hopeful kind of person.

In a way, Rick is also saying no. That's why he banished Carol - he couldn't let her come back form the things she did.

I hope that isn't the answer we arrive at for the end of the season, because that would be mega-sad.

Shorty
11-28-2013, 07:45 PM
But I think it's a perfect example of The Governor trying to come back from what he's done. I still don't get the impression that he wants another Woodbury and I honestly think he is trying to come back from everything he's done in his own way, he's just executing those same behaviors with a different cause in mind.

I really want to believe he just cares about this woman and her child enough to let the world burn around them for it, and I'm okay with that.

Shaibana
11-28-2013, 09:33 PM
EDIT: The governor didn't sabotage the prison Shaibana. Where we see him outside of it at the end of the episode is clearly the first time he even cared about going there. And since we see Rick and Carl eating their peas and Michonne and Hershel outside the fence getting some supplies and stuff we're seeing him basically arrive at the prison right at the point he was revealed during the last prison group episode.

hmm.. i dont know.. if it really was from where the governor got introduced the fence would be down, and hershel would Not be outside. Michone and darryl did already arive back at the prison, right?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-29-2013, 05:59 AM
Whoever it was feeding the walkers, they were being fed from the inside. That's why the walkers gathered in that one area and broke the fence in. Maybe an inside man?

Shaibana
11-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Whoever it was feeding the walkers, they were being fed from the inside. That's why the walkers gathered in that one area and broke the fence in. Maybe an inside man?

i still suspect that kid. i just dont trust her

Shorty
11-29-2013, 05:20 PM
It's pretty clear that it was those girls. It happened during that episode where they named one of them. I don't think it's really important anymore, in any case.

Shiny
11-29-2013, 05:22 PM
If the story is true about his dad then that makes sense why he is the way he is. People who are abused like that as children have power struggles in their adult life. He wants to control people, but he doesn't really want the responsibility of doing so, he just likes the feeling of power and also of manipulating them to do what he wants. I think he genuinely cares for the little girl though, but I can see her not surviving this season.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
11-29-2013, 09:21 PM
It's pretty clear that it was those girls. It happened during that episode where they named one of them. I don't think it's really important anymore, in any case.

Found this:

When a writer for The Hollywood Reporter asked TWD showrunner Scott Gimple if we will find out the identity of the rat pusher in the mid-season finale airing December 1, Scott said, “It will absolutely be answered, but I'm not going to tell you if it's in the season finale.”

I wouldn't count out other people quite yet. A lot of people are suspecting that maybe Bob is behind it, as he is a new guy that showed up when the trouble started happening. On top of the fact that I read he was close to the Governor in the comics.

Shorty
11-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Hm. I guess I don't really see a motive for him doing it, so it doesn't make sense to me. I guess we'll have to see!

Freya
11-29-2013, 10:09 PM
I just now got to see this episode. Usually I see them when they air but I was sick last sunday.

I kinda liked martinez and now he's dead.

BUT A TANK. Try fending that off, rick!

Dr Unne
11-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Martinez knew the governor from before and offered him leadership he didn't want. What are the governor's options? He has many. Talk to Martinez. Leave the camp. Stay silent and leave the camp if stuff gets bad later. But he jumps straight to "Kill Martinez and feed him to zombies".

Some guy in camp is a bad leader. Options? Talk to him. Call a meeting and try to convince the camp that he's a bad leader and should be replaced. Leave the camp. Governor's decision? Surprise murder.

In the last season, the governor finds some camp of army guys. Options? Ignore them. Keep an eye on them and defend yourself if they come close. Barter with them. Invite them into town. Governor's option? Ambush-murder, keep one of their heads in a jar.

Governor's motivations for murdering people include 1) you have something he wants, 2) you don't obey his orders immediately, 3) he wants to have a fun arena battle of you vs. zombies, 4) you used to know him and you might talk to people about it, 5) you're too hesitant to kill people and he thinks you're weak. Among others.

He doesn't value human life and has no regard for suffering beyond his own and people in his immediate in-group. It's interesting how this show seems to draw us a little bit into the mindset of a world where killing people isn't that big a deal. He seems to me to be irredeemable. I think you get to come back from the things you did if you're an otherwise good person who made mistakes. I think there's a limit.

Remember that he ventured alone into the nursing home to retrieve oxygen tanks for Lilly's dad? Remember that he tried to take them all back with him, but could only get two?

That's one of the few things that makes me doubt my psychopath theory.

Del Murder
12-02-2013, 02:47 AM
Are Miriel and I the only ones who have been incredibly bored by this switch to 'The Governor Show'? Did we really need two episodes to figure out the Governor is still crazy? I never liked this character.

Last season was pretty good but this season has fell flat for me so far. They need to hurry up and tie off the Woodbury/Prison arc for good.

Shiny
12-02-2013, 02:53 AM
Well don't worry, The Governor will be dead soon anyway; probably violently with zombies ripping his body apart.

EDIT: or i guess generic gun shot to the head works too, but leaves a lot to be desired

Also insanely random how Herschel and Michonne were there. I don't believe that her character would have let herself be captured -- not without fight. This is such a mess of a show.

Slothy
12-02-2013, 03:16 AM
The Governor had a gun and got the drop on them. What's she going to do with that sword? Get shot and let him capture Hershel anyway? Michonne isn't a complete moron.

fire_of_avalon
12-02-2013, 03:21 AM
Bawled. My smurfing. Eyes out.

Especially when he crawled away HE CRAWLED AWAY and that mothersmurfer ran him down to finish the job?

As I've said before I get inappropriately emotionally invested in media, sometimes, especially things that are somewhat reflective of my life (single dad with two daughters and a teeny baby) so when The Governor killed Hershel I pretty much lost my mind and starting hurling gibberish and obscenity at the television.

I have understanding that Judith dies in the comic... maybe that is untrue, but something somewhere has led me to believe that. In the show, theyjust show her empty, bloody carseat. SO..... is she dead? Or are they smurfing with my emotions?

Shiny
12-02-2013, 03:26 AM
The Governor had a gun and got the drop on them. What's she going to do with that sword? Get shot and let him capture Hershel anyway? Michonne isn't a complete moron.

Of course she isn't which is why I have a hard time believing she would've even been captured in the first place. Honestly her being there seemed like just a plot device to me so that the governor could have her sword. She was hunting him down, but the leading up to that is just I dunno. The writers are not great and not true to some of the characters.

The only thing I can say I am glad about this episode (and that they did right) was ending The Governor and the prison arc. It went on for way too long. And Herschel also way overstayed his welcome. I guess I am spoiled by Rickman killing off people before they become too boring. Stay tune though for the next half of the season where they will kill more of your beloved characters because it's a friggin' zombie show.

Elskidor
12-02-2013, 05:44 AM
Last season was pretty good but this season has fell flat for me so far. They need to hurry up and tie off the Woodbury/Prison arc for good.

Yep, and I'm glad that arc is finally over. The prison went on for way too long. Sorry to see Hershel go, but I think we all knew one of the main were gonna bite the bullet soon. I did not expect Hershel, but when Glen didn't die and I saw them as prisoners it started to mirror some of the events of the comic....slightly.

Shiny
12-02-2013, 05:50 AM
I have understanding that Judith dies in the comic... maybe that is untrue, but something somewhere has led me to believe that. In the show, theyjust show her empty, bloody carseat. SO..... is she dead? Or are they smurfing with my emotions?
It's weird that they just left her on the ground like that. Why wasn't she inside or at least placed on top of something? So daft.

In the comic book Judith dies at the prison when she is crushed underneath her mother who is shot by one of the soldiers.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-02-2013, 05:54 AM
Too many feels to describe what I think right now.

Glad to see the medicine worked. Can't wait to see how the story develops as the main group has now turned in to several small groups.

Just...wow. I'm impressed.

February :(

Shorty
12-02-2013, 06:23 AM
I do not think Judith is dead. I think she made it onto the bus. The girls had her and they seemed to know what they were doing. It seemed like they had in mind what Carol would have wanted them to do, which was probably to get the baby to safety (or maybe Beth did that), and to fight (Carol probably actually wouldn't have wanted that, but I'm sure that's what they thought was the best choice). The writers know they ripped the hearts out of viewers when they killed Herschel, and I think they would probably do us a courtesy of keeping Judith alive so we can breathe a sigh of relief after the show restarts again in February because at this point, that is really the only hanging question. People have died who were kept alive in the comics (Andrea) and probably vice versa, so I have no reason to believe that anything is based on the comics any longer. The show is a creation of its own at this point.

My interest in The Governor pretty much fell flat once he started opening his smurfing mouth and acting like... well, The Governor again. I preferred him a little more contemplative and quiet as opposed to talkative and threatening and scheming. I really think he changed for those two episodes, but once he got back into a position of power he reverted right the hell back to who he was before when he was leading Woodbury, whether he intended to be like that or not. I kindof don't understand the involvement of his lady and her child in this episode. Was the child dying just supposed to wrap up more of the deaths of his group? And now what of the mother? Will she join with Rick's group? I guess I didn't really see a point to the scenes with the mother and child in them at all.

holy trout I almost thought that walker got Daryl before he used it as a shield. I almost lost my trout.

I am glad that the prison is over. Agreed that it went on for far too long.

I am interested to see if we will see more of Carol. I'd like to see more of her and I hope she isn't gone for good. If she was gone for good, I would think they'd have killed her off instead of just making her leave. I have a feeling that Daryl will go looking for her, but they still have to deal with the fact that Tyreese doesn't know she's behind the burnings.

Pretty good mid-season finale. I'm certain we all saw this coming, though, right from the start of the season.

Elskidor
12-02-2013, 04:57 PM
holy trout I almost thought that walker got Daryl before he used it as a shield. I almost lost my trout.

I could be wrong, but I think Daryl is the safest character on the show and he's not even in the cards for possible main character deaths. Yes, even safer than Rick, who I can see dying to be replaced by Carl in season 6 or 7, if the show survives that long. They know Daryl is extremely popular by both female and male viewers.

Shorty
12-02-2013, 05:05 PM
On one hand, I think you're right about Daryl because he is an incredibly stong, solid character secondary-but-central character (and also the harem of Daryl fans have threatened to riot if he dies off). On the other, I can see him dying in the very last season doing something heroic because I think what the writers have tried to communicate to us throughout the seasons is that in the end of the world, no one is the exception.

They've tried to build up the fact that the group is no longer ran by a single leader, but I don't believe it for a second. In a time of need, everyone still turns to Rick to make decisions, as was proven in the episode last night. He is the leader and he always has been. If he dies, the show ends, either by will of the writers or by loss of interest in the fans. I would not want to see anyone else lead the group and even though he isn't my favorite character, if Rick was killed I do not think I would continue to watch.

This whole show comes back to Rick because he is the one who's been there from the beginning and who much of the story has centered around. Fans grow to love the group as a whole and single characters here and there, but there is no other single character's experiences that allows fans to relate to as much as Rick has endured.

Slothy
12-02-2013, 05:44 PM
I do not think Judith is dead. I think she made it onto the bus. The girls had her and they seemed to know what they were doing. It seemed like they had in mind what Carol would have wanted them to do, which was probably to get the baby to safety (or maybe Beth did that), and to fight (Carol probably actually wouldn't have wanted that, but I'm sure that's what they thought was the best choice).

I really doubt those girls were that smart. They thought Carol would want them to fight to protect the prison and I have little doubt that some idiot children probably left her baby carrier there and went to help, since they explicitly stated they thought Carol wouldn't want them to run away to the bus and would want them to be strong instead and fight. I'm not sure how much clearer they could make it that these children weren't going to the bus.

Maybe someone else found her and took her, but there'd be absolutely no reason for their to be that much blood in her carrier otherwise. Plus taking care of a baby is a logistical headache and not all that interesting so I think the show is better off if she is dead.

I really think he changed for those two episodes, but once he got back into a position of power he reverted right the hell back to who he was before when he was leading Woodbury, whether he intended to be like that or not.

He didn't revert when he was put into a position of power. He reverted as soon as he decided taking power and the prison was the only way to keep the people he cared about safe and that there was no way he could ever come back from the monster he became because he felt he lived in a world that wouldn't let him. The distinction is small but important. He's Rick if he hadn't taken up farming.

Shorty
12-02-2013, 05:46 PM
The Governor is many things, but aside from his leader personality and want to protect those he cares about, he is nothing like Rick.

Slothy
12-02-2013, 05:49 PM
I think you forget how many times Rick has come close to going down the exact same road.

Shorty
12-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Coming close to something is not the same as becoming something. That's the difference between these two men.

Slothy
12-02-2013, 05:51 PM
But my point is, both tried to come back from what they became. Rick did, the Governor didn't and didn't think it was possible. You're arguing semantics and completely missing my point.

Shorty
12-02-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm arguing against your point saying they were exactly alike save for the farming bit that I hope was facetious. :p I agree with what you said about how they both tried to come back from something, sure.

Slothy
12-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Of course it was facetious you silly girl. Obviously the Governor went a lot farther down that road because he didn't have people to stop him. I was simply pointing out that perhaps if the Governor had had Hershel to show him the crop growing ropes things might have worked out differently for him.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-02-2013, 06:41 PM
I've read through various interviews two big things people don't want, but might happen:

1. A TV Rick death is very possible and hasn't been ruled out.

2. A Daryl death is possible, even if only because no on think's they'll do it. Someone with the show said they see it as a dare.

Those both might have been Robert Kirkman. Don't quote me on that, though.

Slothy
12-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Not really a comic book spoiler, but Kirkman has said that in the comics at least, he hasn't ruled out the possibility that Rick will die and the comics will continue without him. I think he almost sees it as a bit inevitable to be honest. I'm sure he'd get tons of outrage over it, but that happens with every death in the comics.

If a similar thing happened in the show at some point, I'd respect the writers even more for having the balls to go there before the show ends. Very few shows do.

Elskidor
12-02-2013, 07:30 PM
I'd be interested in seeing this, but not yet though. Finish his arc first.

Shiny
12-02-2013, 07:39 PM

I could be wrong, but I think Daryl is the safest character on the show and he's not even in the cards for possible main character deaths. Yes, even safer than Rick, who I can see dying to be replaced by Carl in season 6 or 7, if the show survives that long. They know Daryl is extremely popular by both female and male viewers.

The more beloved a character is the more they will want to kill them off, so yeah I wouldn't hold weight to the fact that people like the character. I don't see Daryl surviving toward the end, but I doubt he will die this season because there's still a lot in his development and in Michonne's development that we have yet to see.

Slothy
12-02-2013, 07:48 PM

The more beloved a character is the more they will want to kill them off, so yeah I wouldn't hold weight to the fact that people like the character. I don't see Daryl surviving toward the end, but I doubt he will die this season because there's still a lot in his development and in Michonne's development that we have yet to see.

I don't know. Kirkman at least has a habit of killing off characters before they really reach a tidy end to their stories because he likes fucking with people. I wouldn't bet on anyone being safe this season.

Dr Unne
12-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Glad to see the governor finally off the show.

Hershel: (paraphrased) I have a daughter, you lost a daughter, doesn't that make you think?
Governor: Nope, she's not mine.

Rick: We have sick kids in here.
Governor: Kill them all!

Lady's daughter dies, governor shoots her corpse in the face while the mother holds her. What a deep and abiding love he had for that lady. Not a psychopath for sure.

Hershel's actor apparently said on some talk show that he knew his character was screwed as soon as he read the plot for the episode where Hershel was really active and had lots of development. Best not wish too hard for any episodes starring your favorite characters.

I don't see why they can't go repair the prison walls and fix the fences and get rid of all the zombies and keep living there. It was full of zombies the first time they found it. Maybe that brief foreshadowing from a few episodes back when they showed an enormous zombie army is the reason. I imagine they'll be moving on now because the plot demands something new. Also not sure why they couldn't all immediately regroup into one large camp again. Didn't they have a plan for if they got separated? "If we have to evacuate, let's all meet by the river"? They had a plan to get everyone on the bus after all.

Haven't read the comics, so I have no idea what's coming up. The parts where they wander around the wilderness were some of the best parts of the show in the past, so here's hoping.

Slothy
12-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Hershel: (paraphrased) I have a daughter, you lost a daughter, doesn't that make you think?
Governor: Nope, she's not mine.

Rick: We have sick kids in here.
Governor: Kill them all!

Lady's daughter dies, governor shoots her corpse in the face while the mother holds her. What a deep and abiding love he had for that lady. Not a psychopath for sure.

If he were a psychopath he wouldn't be capable of caring for any other people. Not having empathy for someone elses children when you think the survival of your own depends on taking what they have doesn't make someone a psychopath.

See above as far as point number two. Keep in mind he wasn't telling Rick to kill the kids because they were sick. He wanted everyone dead because they weren't going to give up the prison peacefully.

The Governor took the girls corpse from the mother before shooting her, and he did it because not only did it need to be done, but he's also moved far beyond hoping there's a cure and remaining attached to the dead since his own daughter zombie was killed. And if you actually paid attention you might have noticed he was visibly shaken by the death of the little girl.

TLDR: you don't seem to know what a psychopath is.

Shiny
12-02-2013, 11:13 PM
That's not correct. Some psychopaths and serial killers are able to have empathy, but only for one or two people who show them genuine love that were often devoid of in their adolescence. Most notably Richard Kuklinski. The Governor fits a psychopath to a tee. Often people Google things about psychopaths and assume that all of the common traits have to pertain to someone for it to be true, when that's not the case. You could say he was a sociopath, but sociopaths usually don't kill a lot of people and cut off their heads.

Dr Unne
12-02-2013, 11:28 PM

This article (http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/science/2013/11/the-neuroscientist-who-discovered-he-was-a-psychopath/) is by a scientist who has a wife and family, and is a psychopath. I like where he talks about how he doesn't let his grandkids win games, which reminded me a lot of the governor beating that little girl at chess.

I've read Mask of Sanity and some other books on psychopathy, and I worked in a place that administered the PCL. I'm no psychologist mind you. Psychopathy like everything is a spectrum. Psychopaths are capable of surface feelings. They're also very good at giving the appearance of feelings. Lack of empathy, lack of inhibition, pathological lying, manipulation, superficial charm, impulsiveness, these all seem to describe the governor. He's also a fictional character. I don't expect him to be written perfectly.

tl;dr jumping straight to "you're ignorant" isn't a good way to make an argument, because you don't really know what other people know or don't know.

fire_of_avalon
12-03-2013, 05:38 AM
I don't want dead babies on my TV.

Araciel
12-03-2013, 05:41 AM
What about undead?

fire_of_avalon
12-03-2013, 06:27 AM
That's it, we're breaking up as friends. </3

Shlup
12-03-2013, 06:42 AM
I liked Hershel and I like not killing babies. Therefore I am displeased.

Miriel
12-03-2013, 07:01 AM
I pretty much agree with everything Unne has said so far.

The Governor was a psychopath, but a strangely one dimensional, boring and predictable one. Thank goodness he's fiiiinally off the show and they're out of that damn prison.

Yeah, because calling a fictional antagonist who murders and tortures people on a TV show about zombies a "psychopath" is so off base! I mean, honestly.

Del Murder
12-03-2013, 07:23 AM
This season has been a mess. The disease plot was weak, and the 'Governor's redemption only not really' episodes made no sense. Why do people still follow this guy? Martinez, after seeing all the crazy in Woodbury? Fringe guy after the Governor killed his own brother? Apartment ladies after only knowing him for a week and him acting all creepy the whole time?

This episode was good but all this should have happened the first time the Governor assaulted the place. Did they really need to do it again?

Shaibana
12-03-2013, 12:20 PM
nono no NO NO NO NO NOOOOO!! i do not accept Hershel´s death!
aaww man, hershel is so lovable :( and he has a soothing voice..

i dont think judith is actually dead though :o maybe some1 has taken her into the buss, i hope so D:

there is 1 thing i dont understand.. what did Tyreese find down there??

Araciel
12-03-2013, 02:49 PM
Dissected rat

Shaibana
12-03-2013, 03:00 PM
Dissected rat

im probalby missing something.. why was it there? and with what purpose?

Rantz
12-03-2013, 06:07 PM
I think Beth probably has Judith, although since she didn't seem to make it to the bus or find the other children, she may be on her own with Judith. Unless Tyreese and the girls, or Maggie/Bob/Sasha came across her. I imagine at least two of those three groups will have found each other while Rick and Carl will probably be facing some alone time, and the bus group might be isolated as well. It's gonna be interesting to finally have the characters on the move again - it's something I've wanted for some time, and I hope they can find something new to work towards except plain survival.

I'm sad about the way Hershel went - that was pretty brutal. I got it spoiled for me so it was pretty agonising to watch knowing it was coming. Oh well.

Araciel
12-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Dissected rat

im probalby missing something.. why was it there? and with what purpose?

Someone in the prison group is crazy as fuck.

Elskidor
12-03-2013, 06:27 PM
I was surprised they kept Judith alive as long as they have. They may let her live, but whoever has her is going to have a hard time with a crying baby on their hands. This may have been done on purpose to avoid the extra troubles a crying baby would bring too.

Miriel
12-03-2013, 07:15 PM
I assumed Judith was still alive because with TV shows, no body = no death. And thought it was really weird how Rick and Carl both fell apart and started grieving right away after seeing the baby car seat. I was like, "wtf? Why don't you look around a bit and see if someone has her?"

But then I realized that even for a show like this, you probably can't show a baby being killed. So they did it off screen. This is the only time I would believe a character were dead without seeing a body, because I don't think they would be allowed to show a body. And honestly, it makes more sense for the show to kill off Judith then to try and keep integrating her into the story, especially as she gets bigger.

Rantz
12-03-2013, 07:30 PM
I assumed Judith was still alive because with TV shows, no body = no death. And thought it was really weird how Rick and Carl both fell apart and started grieving right away after seeing the baby car seat. I was like, "wtf? Why don't you look around a bit and see if someone has her?"

But then I realized that even for a show like this, you probably can't show a baby being killed. So they did it off screen. This is the only time I would believe a character were dead without seeing a body, because I don't think they would be allowed to show a body. And honestly, it makes more sense for the show to kill off Judith then to try and keep integrating her into the story, especially as she gets bigger.

I considered that as well, but in the end I think that even if they killed her off screen, there would be confirmation, like maybe Carl or Beth saw it happen and could say it outright (or, y'know, with a pained look). I have a hard time believing the showmakers would be satisfied with just "gone and nobody saw".

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-04-2013, 10:49 PM
I watched the episode a second time. These are the split up groups as far as I can recall:

-Rick, Carl
-Tyreese, the young girls
-Bob, Maggie, Sasha
-Daryl, Beth
-Glenn, whoever's on the bus
-Carol
-Whoever's left from the governor group

I can't remember the rest. Did Michonne leave alone? Maybe she has the baby?

Post some of your favorite cast pics. Funny or otherwise. I'm not yet ready to let this thread go even though we've got a 2 month wait!

Shorty
12-04-2013, 10:59 PM
IS THAT BETH LOOK AT HOW ADORABLE SHE IT

Shlup
12-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Kitty!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-z1slAKW7IuU/UgE1AAVr88I/AAAAAAAAcYA/tyeeMxtnuvc/s1600/46428_201957796631044_2111956639_n.jpg

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-04-2013, 11:45 PM

Shaibana
12-05-2013, 12:34 PM
talking about Michonne, when will we get more insight about her baby isseu?
remember when she started crying when beth handed Judith to her?

Elskidor
12-05-2013, 04:35 PM
I neeeda rewatch it I guess, because I thought Michonne was near Rick at the end//somewhere in there. I suppose she could have taken Judith, and it will lead to some conclusion over her and the baby thing that was started earlier in the season. Maybe Judith will luck out and survive after all, but I doubt it.

Shlup
12-06-2013, 04:28 AM

Do they need to do that? I thought that moment spoke for itself.

Shaibana
12-06-2013, 11:52 AM

Do they need to do that? I thought that moment spoke for itself.

i think it would be nice to know abit more about michonne. Like how did she experience the beginning of the zombie apocalypse.

NorthernChaosGod
12-07-2013, 05:10 AM
Who started this mid-season finale bullshit and why is it okay? :mad2:

Elskidor
12-07-2013, 03:20 PM
I don't remember ever seeing mid-season finales before....I usually wait until the season or entire series is over and binge watch for the first time on DVD or streaming or something, so this is kinda new to me. Whatever works for them I suppose.

Rantz
12-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Who started this mid-season finale bullshit and why is it okay? :mad2:

I think it started with the writer strike 5 years back or so. I have no idea why it's still happening, though, it's pretty annoying and just seems silly.

Del Murder
12-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Shows have been taking winter breaks long before that. It's only recently that they called that final episode of the year the 'midseason finale'.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
12-08-2013, 08:01 AM
I always figured it was a handy way to not have to wait 8 or so months in between seasons. Just take a 2 month break in the middle so when the season ends there's less time until the new season arrives.

Shlup
12-08-2013, 10:50 AM
It's bullshit is what it is. Just gimmie the whole season!

NorthernChaosGod
12-08-2013, 08:11 PM
I'd rather get the whole season at once than broken up into pieces. I can take suspense or whatever in between seasons, in between episodes is just bullshit.

Shows have been taking winter breaks long before that. It's only recently that they called that final episode of the year the 'midseason finale'.

From what I checked and from what I remember, most shows that I've seen take breaks from about mid to late December and come back sometime in January. I'd be more accepting of that kind of break.

Elskidor
12-08-2013, 08:22 PM
Or they could just pick one season of the year to run the entire thing...Fall, Spring? Or run 1 or 2 episodes a month, but keep things running all year long at that kinda pace. If it got 24 episodes a season like seasons used to get then having a new episode every other week would be perfect for year round entertainment.

Shaibana
12-10-2013, 12:09 PM
these are not actual spoilers.. but pictures/jokes

i can go on for hours like this...

Shaibana
12-15-2013, 09:06 PM
why is it so dead here..

here is another:

Shlup
12-15-2013, 10:10 PM
It's dead because we're mad about Judith. NO FORGIVENESS!

The pics are funny though.

Shaibana
12-16-2013, 11:36 AM
It's dead because we're mad about Judith. NO FORGIVENESS!

The pics are funny though.

for now lets just assume somebody picked her up and took her to safety D:

Elskidor
12-16-2013, 12:43 PM
My contribution to this thread during dead season

Stuff & Things..... - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQwrE-WO1Js)

I bet this has been posted a few times before, but oh well. Still funny!

Shaibana
12-16-2013, 12:55 PM
that would have been much funnyer with alot more Stuff and Thangs ..
litteraly, its just 2 (or 3) scenes :(

Shlup
12-17-2013, 06:50 AM
That was stupid. I want those 47 seconds of my life back.

Elskidor
12-17-2013, 06:56 AM
Only if you put it into making a better video. Not many good TWD parodies, but you are welcome to be the one to start making them.

Shorty
01-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Any/all Walkng Dead cast photos make me happy. Posed, candids, on-set, or otherwise.

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1545986_835976796428480_1200389347_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/71405_655471637829806_836309539_n.jpg

http://static.wetpaint.me/the-walking-dead/ROOT/photos/630/688373044935148d7b2e2229e8cc559eTWDGP30105140404-1385155353.jpg

http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/embedded_images/1369740594_2013-05-28_13_18_38-_The_Walking_Dead__Season_4_Spoilers__Zombies_Upon_Zombies_in_First_Four_Episode.png

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/51eabe9a6bb3f76608000000/the-walking-dead-cast-is-having-a-blast-at-comic-con.jpg

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/51eab6f0eab8eac173000006-1024-768/walking-dead.jpeg

Shlup
01-04-2014, 09:28 PM
RIP Hershey Kiss

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-05-2014, 06:01 PM

Shorty
01-05-2014, 06:02 PM
I still hope we'll see Carol again. I have hope that she isn't gone for forever.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-05-2014, 06:37 PM
I agree. Since the big group is now a bunch of smaller separated groups, maybe she'll be one of the separated people that's focused on :)

Shaibana
01-06-2014, 11:38 AM
I doubt she will be gone forever.
I believe Melissa Mcbride still got introduced in the introduction in the latest episode, even though she wasnt in it xD
I 100% believe that this is not the last we have seen of her

But my guess is that we wont see her any time soon, atleast not in this season

fire_of_avalon
01-06-2014, 11:52 AM
My best guess is that she'll crop up either with Rick and Carl while Rick is recovering so he has to rely on her. Or with Tyreese and the girls so there will be TENSION.

Shlup
01-06-2014, 10:08 PM
I'm really growing fond of Carl.

Flying Mullet
01-06-2014, 10:13 PM
Pedophile :nonono:

Shlup
01-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Hey, it's fair play if there's grass on the field.

Nope, can't do it. Can't leave that up. I knew I should've added a disclaimer.

Flying Mullet
01-06-2014, 10:50 PM
How do you know it's not a skating rink?

Yep, shouldn't have done it. Didn't leave it up. You should've added a disclaimer. No clue why I just wrote that.

Shorty
01-07-2014, 02:57 AM
:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

edit: for a second I thought this was the staff forum

fire_of_avalon
01-13-2014, 01:50 AM
ahahaha

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000684464346/64eccfa700aaeec63e31ff792ef62dd1.png

So backstory: my BFFs mother in law is a doomsday pepper (no, I meant to say pepper.)

BFF is like pfft. But she is always, always, ALWAYS insanely well-stocked with scented handsoap, sanitizers etc from Bath and Body Works cause homegirl loves a coupin.

Of course we apply the apocalypse principle and theorize how she would fit in to a zombie apocalypse.

MFW I do a Rick Grimes impression in Bath and Body Works and strangers lol.

Shaibana
01-13-2014, 11:45 AM
i know you explained that you did mean to say pepper... but.. pepper?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-17-2014, 03:22 AM
Less than a month now!

Shaibana
01-17-2014, 11:54 AM
aaaaaawyyyyyyeaaaaaaaaahhhh:kakapo::kakapo:

edit:

edit:
this is funny :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igDzM4CyWa8#t=63

and ofc... a new datum.. the 10th instead of the 7th

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-06-2014, 12:31 AM
Return of the Daryl av/sig set.

I'm ready :smug:

Shaibana
02-08-2014, 01:09 PM
so close to the start of a new episode and this thread is dead! im dissapointed

Del Murder
02-08-2014, 05:22 PM
What are we supposed to talk about before there's a new episode? Should we all start looking for Carl?

Where is Carl? Have you all seen Carl?

Rantz
02-08-2014, 09:46 PM
He's not in the house.