PDA

View Full Version : FFX and X-2 HD additional features wishlist

Mirage
10-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Hi guys. I just felt like making a thread about stuff I think would be reasonably easy to add into the games, and that would be pretty neat to have. I'll start, but feel free to chime in, everyone!

Complete cutscene theater (originally, the game could only replay pre-rendered movies), I don't remember if X-2 has anything like this, but if it doesn't, both cutscene and movie theater for that game.
Ability to change which character is displayed while you run around
Ability to change between new and old versions of music
Ability to change between English and Japanese voiceovers. While this is probably technically easy, it is usually not included due to licensing restrictions.
Alternative outfits for the characters to wear, but this actually requires a bit of work so I dunno how realistic it is. Maybe color swaps of existing clothes/hair would be fast enough for them to bother doing.
New game plus for FFX, with the options to keep various things, but probably not all things. You could have various "cheat-like" options that you could pick from. Sort of like Tales games, where you can turn on things like 2x or 10x exp, double gil, double item drops, etc.

And last but not least, higher difficulty modes for both games. Hard and Extreme, which increase the enemies' stats by 1.5 and 2 times respectively.

Also, I realize this sort of a list isn't actually going to influnce whatever we end up getting in the game, it's just for fun, really. If it ends up in the game, it's basically just pure coincidence, not because we asked for it here.

Karifean
10-14-2013, 11:48 AM
I really only have wishes for X-2 HD:

- Use the FFX Blitzball System
- Take out Cat Nip completely
- Make Tidus, Auron and Seymour harder to beat
- Fix the yet-unfixed-bugs (too many to list).
- Give the Gunner/Alchemist/Gun Mage dresspheres some sort of defense. Anything.
- Add a XII Int style "Trial Mode" where you use YRP to fight many battles in a row.
- A Hard Mode. It probably doesn't matter, but it'd be nice.
- Give the option to disable battle quotes (I died because of them, multiple times).
- Give Chac the Spellspring ability
- Have the player encounter several kinds of Via Infinito Level 80+ exclusive enemies on prior floors, not just Elder Drakes.
- Remove "Stagger Locking".
- Make the Via Infinito bosses unbribeable.
- Give Paragon more HP.
- Make the Oversouled versions of Via Infinito enemies harder than their regular counterparts (that was stupid).
- Reduce Trema's HP to something less ridiculous, like 300'000 or something. Ridiculously high HP and ridiculously high defense as well as not too threatening attacks stack together for a very long and boring battle. Shinra did it right.

Mirage
10-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Cat nip will be seriously nerfed anyway, Hard mode will take care of stuff that is currently too easy to kill.

Karifean
10-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Cat nip will be seriously nerfed anyway, Hard mode will take care of stuff that is currently too easy to kill.

Cat Nip is still ridiculously overpowered if you know how to use it. Give it to a creature with a multi-hit regular attack (spitting plants, for instance, or Lulu) and you still get loads of damage.

Mirage
10-14-2013, 04:29 PM
in x-2 international, cat nip doesn't work with multihit attacks, and the HD version will be based on this version of the game. or so I heard, anyway. how many hits do these creatures do with regular attacks? is it anywhere near the amount you can do with trigger happy?

Freya
10-15-2013, 04:54 AM
I hope they update the dynamics in bllitzball. And make it so you can challenge people on your friend list.

TidusReborn
10-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Multiplayer blitzball!

And yeah, It would be amazing if they replaced FFX-2s blitzball system with the real one in FFX

Hollycat
10-19-2013, 03:34 PM
More costumes for each job.
A new character for ffx sans Marie in Persona 4
Optional mini games for each of the dress spheres that (ex a dance dance revolution like game for songstress)

TidusReborn
10-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Oooh! Incorporate the FFX-2 battlesystem into FFX.

It probably wouldn't be compatible due to various balance issues- but if they took the time to make it work, that would be awesome!

Mirage
10-20-2013, 12:25 PM
That kind of falls out of the scope of this thread. It's for stuff that is reasonably easy to add, not stuff that changes half the game

TidusReborn
10-21-2013, 08:34 AM
That kind of falls out of the scope of this thread. It's for stuff that is reasonably easy to add, not stuff that changes half the game

Oh, well then I withdraw my motion and yield the floor to the speaker...