PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Movie Marathons

Night Fury
10-15-2013, 03:43 AM
Now that I'm past the age of trick or treating, and past the desire to go to Halloween parties (j.k I still so want to go but I never get invited/people don't throw em in Australia) I like to do Halloween movie nights.

I think my ultimate fav Halloween night movie is Carrie. In fact, I refuse to watch it throughout the year and usually save it for Halloween :D it's not a really scary film, but I do love it. They're also remaking it and I'm like "WHHYYYYYY?!" but at the same time it has Chloe Moretz so maybe I'll watch it >.>

There is just something about Sissy Spacek that is creepy as trout, but she also looks so harmless and lovely too. How does she do that?

I love watching all the old school horror movies around Halloween!!
This year I think I'll do

American Werewolf in London
Carrie
Creepshow
The Amityville Horror (Original)
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Hellraiser

I think I have most horror bases covered there!

It will be an evening curled up with lots of popcorn and baked goods and chocolates! I can't waaaaait! :D :D :D :D

Does anyone else do this? What are your movies for Halloween this year?

Calliope
10-15-2013, 05:58 AM
Rush Hour
Rush Hour 2
Shanghai Noon
Shanghai Knights
Rumble in the Bronx
Wheels on Meals

Shorty
10-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Arsenic and Old Lace
Nightmare Before Christmas
The Addams Family
The Crow
any/all Vincent Price films

I regularly watched movies like Casper, Hocus Pocus, the Poltergeist and Gremlins movie franchises, and It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown in celebration of Halloween when I was growing up, but not so much anymore.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-15-2013, 04:51 PM
I just generally watch stuff I haven't seen before. Honestly, I don't do marathons on Halloween itself. I just watch as many horror movies as I can throughout the month of October leading up to that day. Last year I think I watched Carrie and The Strangers on Halloween. I know I watched Poltergeist around that time too.

This year, I probably won't be able to do much of anything on the actual day. I won't be living with my roommate who likes watching horror movies anymore, and I don't really like watching movies by myself. Leading up to then though, I've been watching some Lucio Fulci films (Zombi 2, The House by the Cemetary) and The Shining, and I'll probably watch Drag Me to Hell, Event Horizon, and hopefully Army of Darkness. So far, though, I've just been watching Coen Brother's films.

noxious.sunshine
10-16-2013, 01:56 AM
The Blair Witch Project
The New Amityville Horror (the one w Ryan Reynolds cuz he's hawt)
Corpse Bride

Probably some other stuff that I can't think of.

Slothy
10-16-2013, 02:55 AM
Arsenic and Old Lace
Nightmare Before Christmas
The Addams Family
The Crow
any/all Vincent Price films

I regularly watched movies like Casper, Hocus Pocus, the Poltergeist and Gremlins movie franchises, and It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown in celebration of Halloween when I was growing up, but not so much anymore.

Gremlins is a Christmas movie. :colbert:

Every Halloween I need to watch Halloween. Anything else is up in the air.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-16-2013, 05:06 AM
I might actually watch Halloween 1 and 2 this year if I end up with nothing else to do. My original plan at the beginning of summer (before I found out I'd be leaving my current living situation) was to try to marathon as many of the Nightmare on Elm Street films as I could since my roommate has all of them.

Freya
10-16-2013, 05:12 AM
I need a new scary movie list this halloween. One of movies I haven't seen. I've seen most scary movies even though I hate them so this will be an adventure. (it's a love hate relationship I have with them)

CristobalTakemoto
10-16-2013, 06:25 AM
Never seen that movie, i think i am gonna watch it.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-16-2013, 11:51 PM
I need a new scary movie list this halloween. One of movies I haven't seen. I've seen most scary movies even though I hate them so this will be an adventure. (it's a love hate relationship I have with them)

Here are some of my favorite horror movies that I feel like most people haven't seen:
Suspiria
The Innkeepers

That's probably it actually. Suspiria is my all time favorite horror movie. Both of these movies are more fun than scary in my opinion, but they do have their share of scares. Every person I know that has seen those two movies love them as well.

Shorty
10-17-2013, 02:26 AM
I've been meaning to watch Suspiria! I think I will get on that soon.

Slothy
10-17-2013, 02:36 AM
Not sure if I've heard of that one, but the name is pretty familiar. I think I'll check it out.

Freya
10-17-2013, 02:39 AM
Yeah I've never heard of that one! I'll check it out. I hope it's on like netflix or somethign cause otherwise i'm too lazy to find things anymore xD And that's how netflix makes money CHACHING

Scotty_ffgamer
10-17-2013, 04:40 AM
Suspiria isn't on Netflix, I don't think. I wish it was.

The Innkeepers is on Netflix, though. It's a movie by Ti West, the guy who did House of the Devil if you've seen that.

Shiny
10-29-2013, 04:35 AM
I forgot to mention The Loved Ones. Really nice Austrailian gem. I love how sudden the impact of the ending is...

Stakeland also another one of my favorites and I got to work on it. It was shot only for $30,000, but looks more expensive.

The original Carrie by far surpasses any remake or crappy ass sequel that can come out. No one can top Sissy Spacek in that role.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-29-2013, 05:13 AM
It seems I'm going back to my original plan. My family got me the Nightmare on Elm Street Blu Ray collection for my birthday; so I now have access to them. I'm hoping I can end up hanging out with friends instead, though.

Aulayna
10-29-2013, 02:08 PM
I'll be at work alas but I'll probably be watching Buffy on Netflix on the second monitor, as I do have to do some work. XD

noxious.sunshine
10-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Coraline was on last night.
So. Creepy.

Devil is on Netflix... The one where they're trapped in the elevator... That movie kinda freaks me out.

Shorty
10-29-2013, 10:43 PM
I feel like sitting down and watching a bunch of old Universal monsters movies for Halloween :jess: