PDA

View Full Version : Food you will never eat again

Shorty
10-15-2013, 05:57 AM
Calamari. :stare:

Freya
10-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Fried Calamari is good.

Brussels sprouts. Seriously who decided that was a thing to eat.

Chris
10-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Strawberry cheese cake. :barf:

Quindiana Jones
10-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Y'know Chris, I really like you. You're a cool guy, funny, you make good posts and I think you're a really valuable member of this here community.

But if you say a word against strawberry cheesecake ever again, I will unmake you. :stare:

Elskidor
10-15-2013, 01:43 PM
I don't know if a food exists that I would not try twice. The second time would be to see if my taste buds changed..but I'm not a picky eater, and my taste buds welcome a variety of things.

kotora
10-15-2013, 04:50 PM
http://distilleryimage0.ak.instagram.com/37944fb2194811e3846522000a1f9d5a_7.jpg

Spuuky
10-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Licorice, if you can call it a food.

Loony BoB
10-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Mushrooms - on their own, at least. I'm sure I'll accidentally eat a fair amount of them when they're cleverly disguised within other foods, as it is known to happen. Every time I immediately go "ew, what's in this... oh" and every time I'm reminded how correct I am when I disagree with those who say "Oh, you won't notice it at all."

Miriel
10-15-2013, 06:02 PM
I have to seriously question your taste levels. :/

Calamari is delicious. What didn't you like about it Shorty?

And brussels sprouts is like, one of my favorite veggies ever. Over roasted with some maple and bacon? Omg, soooo good. Or thinly sliced and served with a dijon mustard and honey vinaigrette. Or asian style like this Momofuku (http://food52.com/blog/4857-momofuku-s-roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-fish-sauce-vinaigrette) recipe is fantastic too.

There's not a lot of things I've eaten where I decided I won't ever eat it again. I wasn't a big fan of poi but it wasn't bad. I dunno, maybe I've blocked it from my memory because I can't think of anything at the moment.

Shorty
10-15-2013, 06:03 PM
I love cephalopods and eating them feels wrong and mean :(

Miriel
10-15-2013, 06:09 PM
It's ok, they want you to eat them and enjoy their delicious flesh. I promise.

Slothy
10-15-2013, 06:10 PM
But by eating them you gain their powers.

I'll never eat mashed potatoes again. Ever.

Rantz
10-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Freya, Spuuky, BoB and Vivi22 - you're all terrible people. Never talk to me again!

Marmite. Fuck that shit.

Shorty
10-15-2013, 06:40 PM
No, Spuuky is right. Licorice is the worst.

Rantz
10-15-2013, 06:46 PM
No, actually I looked it up and it turns out both of you are wrong. QED.

Slothy
10-15-2013, 06:50 PM
Licorice is awful. And the only reason I hate mashed potatoes is because of on Christmas at my grandparents when they made them every day for 9 days. You try not hating them after that.

Chris
10-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Y'know Chris, I really like you. You're a cool guy, funny, you make good posts and I think you're a really valuable member of this here community.

But if you say a word against strawberry cheesecake ever again, I will unmake you. :stare:
I wouldn't mind of you "made" me. Or perhaps, we could bake together? "Masterbake" together?

noxious.sunshine
10-15-2013, 08:00 PM
Licorice is the worst. Omg. Esp Twizzlers. So. Gross.

Also tripe. nasty Shiz right there.

Spuuky
10-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Licorice is the worst. Omg. Esp Twizzlers. So. Gross.

Also tripe. nasty Shiz right there.Twizzlers aren't licorice, although yes, they are also repellent.

Mirage
10-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Lutefisk.

Aulayna
10-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Oysters.

Araciel
10-16-2013, 07:04 AM
Chocolate covered ants (or any insect)

blueberries if I can help it

Elskidor
10-16-2013, 08:59 AM
Chocolate covered ants (or any insect)

The only good answer so far. Twizzlers takes second place. I'm remember why I don't like hearing about picky eater's pickiness, lol.

Night Fury
10-16-2013, 09:21 AM
I had this thing at a Yum Cha restaurant which was like a sweet bread bun stuffed with BBQ pork. Never again.

Miriel
10-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Oysters.

Lol, I had a pretty epic dream last night about eating oysters. There were thieves and newly built housing construction involved, but everything had to do with getting some oysters to eat.

The first time I tried them, I thought they were gross. Then the 2nd time I tried them, I thought, "eh, they're not horrible but why do people like them so much?" It took maybe 2 more times of trying them before I decided, I kinda love oysters!

Have you tried oysters baked or chargrilled? So smurfing good. That was my gateway into eating oysters and loving them. I graduated eventually to learning to love the raw stuff. But the chargrilled oysters with parmesan and garlic that Del Murder and I had in New Orleans kinda sealed the deal.

Iceglow
10-16-2013, 06:56 PM
I'd eat insects again, toasted crickets are quite nice, very nutty taste. I would probably say something along the lines of shark fin soup but I'd have to eat that first.

I Took the Red Pill
10-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Cow stomach cooked in a hot pot. It's kind of like eating slightly hairy rubber and tastes faintly of how you imagine feces would taste.

http://www.tour-beijing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Fried-Cow-Stomach.jpg

Shorty
10-17-2013, 02:47 AM
blechhhh absolutely not

Freya
10-17-2013, 05:26 AM
Ew. Oh yeah Calf Fries are gross too. Or Rocky Mountain Oysters, whatever you wanna call it.

Quindiana Jones
10-17-2013, 05:47 AM
Hot pot in general is just the worst thing ever. They fucking love hot pot in Guiyang.

"Do you want to go for some Japanese/Western/Delicious food?"
"No. Guiyang food is best food."
"No, it really, really isn't. :|"

I Took the Red Pill
10-17-2013, 06:34 AM
I actually really like hotpot, as long as we mostly order vegetables. Potatoes, lettuce, golden mushrooms, lotus root, white carrot, tofu skin, and all that stuff, are great in a spicy hotpot. Some meats are doable, as long as nobody orders the stomach and intestines.

Outdoor hotpots are a great place to get drunk outside when the weather is nice.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-17-2013, 07:12 AM
If candy corn could never be made again that would be great. I can't even begin to imagine how people can eat the fat pumpkin shaped ones.

Cow stomach cooked in a hot pot. It's kind of like eating slightly hairy rubber and tastes faintly of how you imagine feces would taste.

http://www.tour-beijing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Fried-Cow-Stomach.jpg

There are some foods I won't even try the first time around :stare:

Haters gonna hate on my licorice. I had a coworker describe twizzlers to me as "the food of the gods!".

Now, black licorice is a different story...

Freya
10-17-2013, 07:43 AM
NO CANDY CORN IS AMAZING.SIT DOWN YOU. SIT DOWN.

Miriel
10-17-2013, 08:18 AM
First time I had hot pot I was like, ehhhhhh. And then 2nd time I had it, I nearly threw up. Someone else ordered for me and I have no idea what the smurf went in there but it was gross gross gross.

And then the 3rd time I had it, I was like, OMG DELICIOUS GET IN MY TUMMY! And now I want hot pot. :(

Aulayna
10-21-2013, 05:19 AM
Oysters.

Lol, I had a pretty epic dream last night about eating oysters. There were thieves and newly built housing construction involved, but everything had to do with getting some oysters to eat.

The first time I tried them, I thought they were gross. Then the 2nd time I tried them, I thought, "eh, they're not horrible but why do people like them so much?" It took maybe 2 more times of trying them before I decided, I kinda love oysters!

Have you tried oysters baked or chargrilled? So smurfing good. That was my gateway into eating oysters and loving them. I graduated eventually to learning to love the raw stuff. But the chargrilled oysters with parmesan and garlic that Del Murder and I had in New Orleans kinda sealed the deal.

I've only ever had them raw from the shell.

Horrid.

fire_of_avalon
10-21-2013, 06:01 AM

:stare: you're all evil. Evil.

If candy corn could never be made again that would be great. I can't even begin to imagine how people can eat the fat pumpkin shaped ones.

How can someone with such a great avatar be so wrong?!

I'm strange. Even the things I hate I'm willing to try again way down the road to see how I feel about them. Even nasty shrimps. Even beef liver. Even my dad's meatloaf. (I understand he makes a very good meatloaf, it's just full of onions and I hate them so much.)

EDIT: I thought of one. Nerds candy. The most pointless and stupid of all candy. Doesn't taste bad, doesn't taste good. Choking hazard. Tiny. Gets everywhere. Stupid.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-21-2013, 06:29 AM
When Halloween comes around you give me the nerds candy and I'll give you the candy corn. There's a way we can all benefit from a thread that's inherently negative :cool:

Rantz
10-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Ok, I have another one. Isterband, a Swedish sausage whose name literally translates to lard strips (:stare:) and which is inexplicably popular here. I decided to give them another shot the other day and soon regretted it.

Marshall Banana
10-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Mushrooms - on their own, at least. I'm sure I'll accidentally eat a fair amount of them when they're cleverly disguised within other foods, as it is known to happen. Every time I immediately go "ew, what's in this... oh" and every time I'm reminded how correct I am when I disagree with those who say "Oh, you won't notice it at all."
Same here.

Jeremy and I have the same major dislikes: mushrooms and fish, although I will still try something fishy if it looks good/appetizing, because I've had very little exposure to seafood throughout my life. I can't say the same for mushrooms. Nope. Never!

Elskidor
10-26-2013, 10:29 AM

:stare: you're all evil. Evil.

Don't forget about mushroom haters, for they are the most evil of all species that roam this planet. Best to steer clear of this room until we find an antidote.

fire_of_avalon
10-28-2013, 01:56 AM
/me is a mushroom hater
/me hisses and flees

Vyk
10-28-2013, 07:04 AM
Vegemite?

Psychotic
10-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Any vegetarian meat substitute. This literally happened: :barf:

Korean Chili Rice Crackers. The burning.

Mirage
10-28-2013, 12:31 PM
I don't understand people who dislike licuorice.

I also don't understand people who dislike strawberry cheesecake, or cheesecakes in general.

And what the hell is wrong with mashed potatoes?

You're all a bunch of freaks.

noxious.sunshine
10-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Licorice is a thing of the devil.

Mushrooms are yummy.

Werther's Originals - Yuck.

Peach flavored -anything- , including peaches themselves and especially peach flavored liquor.

Also that stomach looks like it wasn't even cleaned right.

I've had stomach. It was grilled & chopped into small pieces for tacos. It didn't taste anything like described and was actually pretty good.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Any vegetarian meat substitute. This literally happened: :barf:

I can't get enough of spicy chicken veggie burgers. They taste better than real meat, I swear!

The key to eating something you don't like is the extra stuff you put on it. Try a veggie burger with ketchup and pepper jack cheese.

noxious.sunshine
10-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Boca Burgers are decent.

Everything else is not. I bought meat substitute crumbles for lasagna and nearly died. Thank god it wasn't a whole lot so the 5 lbs of veggies I had in there covered it up.

Grim Reaper
10-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Boca Burgers are decent.

Everything else is not. I bought meat substitute crumbles for lasagna and nearly died. Thank god it wasn't a whole lot so the 5 lbs of veggies I had in there covered it up.

Another one bites the dust.

noxious.sunshine
10-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Which will be played at my funeral when (IF) I die IRL.

Good job. You're psychic.

Jowy
10-28-2013, 09:58 PM
mussels. bleh.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-29-2013, 02:42 AM
Boca Burgers are decent.

Yeah, that's what I buy. Nom nom! :monster: