PDA

View Full Version : Craft beer production impacted?

Flying Mullet
10-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Shutdown Halts Craft Beer Production | The Onion - America's Finest News Source (http://www.theonion.com/articles/shutdown-halts-craft-beer-production,34219/)

The government shutdown must end now!

Yes, this is from The Onion but this news is real. It's the commentary that is made up.

Freya
10-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Wait so no pumpkin ales?!

Flying Mullet
10-16-2013, 03:24 PM
Any new beers that hadn't been approved before the shutdown are on hold.

Slothy
10-16-2013, 03:32 PM
This is an outrage. I feel sorry for all of you who will have to make do with whatever craft beers were already being made and your usual shitty american beer.

Cuchulainn
10-16-2013, 04:37 PM
*demeaning comment about how American beer is terrible with added comment about how you're al better off anyway*

Jinx
10-16-2013, 04:37 PM
I thought they only made cheese!

noxious.sunshine
10-17-2013, 01:34 AM
-_-; leave my Budweiser alone.

krissy
10-17-2013, 02:27 AM
the tragedy

also i think the term is stupid

should i call my bread craft bread because i bake it myself?

Sephex
10-17-2013, 02:58 AM
Oh, a beer crafting thread! Surely we can have a civil and dignified discussion with--

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/1226438886541.jpg

comma
10-17-2013, 02:59 AM
this news is real. Yet, craft beers have continued to come out nonstop, and the shutdown is coming to an end. Hm.

Flying Mullet
10-17-2013, 04:13 PM
-_-; leave my Budweiser alone.
I'll gladly leave it alone. :p

should i call my bread craft bread because i bake it myself?
Yes.

this news is real.
Yet, craft beers have continued to come out nonstop, and the shutdown is coming to an end. Hm.
Any approvals for new craft beers have been put on hold. Any that had been approved before the shutdown or seasonals that have been approved in years past will still be on the shelves.

krissy
10-18-2013, 06:53 AM
in that case,

check out this craft crusty sock you guys!

comma
10-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Any approvals for new craft beers have been put on hold. Any that had been approved before the shutdown or seasonals that have been approved in years past will still be on the shelves.Yeah, okay. I'm talking about new beers. Victory DirtWolf for one just came out a couple weeks ago. So the government was shut down for 16 days, we're going to have a delay of 16 days at the most for new craft beers coming out. The also probably get approved way ahead of time anyway. The difference has been and will continue to be negligible.

Do you know of a single beer that's been delayed?

Flying Mullet
10-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Any approvals for new craft beers have been put on hold. Any that had been approved before the shutdown or seasonals that have been approved in years past will still be on the shelves.Yeah, okay. I'm talking about new beers. Victory DirtWolf for one just came out a couple weeks ago. So the government was shut down for 16 days, we're going to have a delay of 16 days at the most for new craft beers coming out. The also probably get approved way ahead of time anyway. The difference has been and will continue to be negligible.

Do you know of a single beer that's been delayed?
You do realize I wasn't being serious, right?

Shauna
10-18-2013, 04:01 PM
Mulley, beers are not a topic to joke about. Ever. Only serious discussion.

Quindiana Jones
10-18-2013, 04:38 PM
lol ,

comma
10-19-2013, 12:43 AM
You weren't joking when you said "the news is real." I just wanted to point out that as real as it is, it's insignificant. When were you joking and why does it matter?

Flying Mullet
10-19-2013, 07:37 PM
You weren't joking when you said "the news is real." I just wanted to point out that as real as it is, it's insignificant. When were you joking and why does it matter?

Mulley, beers are not a topic to joke about. Ever. Only serious discussion.
Sorry comma, I have been instructed not to joke about this any further. :cry:

NorthernChaosGod
10-19-2013, 11:59 PM

You know this is General Chat, right?

Quindiana Jones
10-20-2013, 01:34 PM
comma, normal people. Normal people, comma. Observations may now be made and experiments may now be conducted.

escobert
10-20-2013, 01:45 PM
Harpoon Brewery is right down the road from me. I hate them. they're always clogging up traffic with drunks in the road, stupid bike races where 45809898 bicyclists take up the road and wont get out of motorists way. Oh and I don't like craft beer.

comma
10-20-2013, 06:38 PM
This is general chat, but does everything have to be a joke? And where was the joke and what was the purpose of it? I just don't understand why my side of the conversation has to be dismissed because someone claims they were joking about something somewhere.

You: Craft beer production will be halted because of the shutdown.
Me: It's not going to be noticeable, beers are still coming out, and the shutdown is over.
You: Hey, relax man, I was joking. This is general chat.

Um what? lol, I just don't see the point of getting on my case for saying what I said in response to this thread. Chill out you fuckin' weirdos.

Quindiana Jones
10-21-2013, 02:35 PM
People often require little excuse to treat things they don't like poorly.