PDA

View Full Version : Glee Cory Monteith/Finn Hudson tribute episode

SuperMillionaire
10-16-2013, 03:53 PM
'Glee' Cory Monteith Tribute: Cast Unites To Honor Finn Hudson With Song (VIDEO) (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/11/glee-cory-monteith-tribute-cast-unites-to-honor-finn-hudson-video_n_4082446.html)

Yahoo News Canada - Latest News & Headlines (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/canadian-viewers-miss-drug-addiction-psa-glee-monteith-190630514.html)

I didn't catch the Glee Cory Monteith/Finn Hudson tribute episode, entitled "The Quarterback," in reference to his character also being a football quarterback, when it premiered last week, but I saw the performances online, and let me tell you, it was a great episode, but it was also very sad.

It should be noted that while Cory Monteith died of drug addiction in real life, in the Glee universe, the cause of death of his character, Finn Hudson, was never revealed, instead left up to the interpretation of the viewers. However, at the end of the episode, there was a public service announcement recorded by the Glee cast regarding drug addiction, which did not air in Canada because the phone number displayed on screen was an American drug addition help phone number, and no international version had been made.

Lea Michele/Rachel Berry sang "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele, which was a good song, and she sang it beautifully, but I was expecting her to cover "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion (from the Titanic soundtrack), or "There You'll Be" by Faith Hill (from the Pearl Harbor soundtrack). Michele and Monteith were dating in real life, and you could see the grief on her face during the episode. Other songs performed included "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry, and "Seasons of Love" from the Rent soundtrack.

noxious.sunshine
10-16-2013, 07:13 PM
What? My Heart Will Go On? no. Rachel & Finn had -been- broken up. They might've gotten back together, but at the time of Cory's death, in the show, they were broken up.

besides. That song is played out and the Faith Hill song is terrible entirely.

Otherwise, I did cry like I thought I would. The episode was well done, but it should've been a 2 hr special instead of just the regular 1 hr.

Anywho, not many ppl 'round here are even big fans of Glee. :p

Shauna
10-16-2013, 08:51 PM
That's because Glee is a teeeny tiny big bit rubbish.

That being said, the episode was lovely.

noxious.sunshine
10-17-2013, 01:32 AM
Shhhhhhhhh! Glee is awesome!

Shlup
10-17-2013, 01:44 AM
"My Heart Will Go On"? Could you think of a bigger cliche?

I guess the episode was necessary, but it was still a big bummer.

NorthernChaosGod
10-17-2013, 02:55 AM
Shhhhhhhhh! Glee is awesome!

It used to be. I went pretty downhill after like season 2.

noxious.sunshine
10-17-2013, 04:49 AM
Season 4 isn't that great tbh. I'm not a fan of most of the new cast.. Kitty is ok, and Jake Puckerman is aight, but I'm more interested in what's going on w all the original folks.

Freya
10-17-2013, 05:28 AM
Last season I watched was 3 I think? They were graduating. Some anyway. haven't kept up. Sad to hear about cory though. I always liked his awkward dancing.

Aulayna
10-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Just got around to watching this episode. Talk about heartbreaking. So, so, so raw.