PDA

View Full Version : Ramen

Jinx
10-16-2013, 07:17 PM
Denmark just had his first ever experience with Ramen noodles! He had Roast Chicken. I didn't think he'd like it, but he totally did! I've been all about the Shrimp flavor lately, and I add a ton of Sriracha to it. It's sooo yummy.

Do you like Ramen? If yes, what's your favorite flavor? Do you have a special way of preparing or eating it? If not, what's wrong with you?

Spuuky
10-16-2013, 07:39 PM
Of course I like ramen, but I guess I can't imagine adding Sriracha since I wouldn't want that texture mixed into a liquid. Also, eggs have no place in ramen despite Japanese opinions to the contrary.

Jinx
10-16-2013, 07:41 PM
But if you drop an egg in, it's like egg drop soup! But I don't put scrambled eggs in or anything.

Also, there's not texture to Sriracha in Ramen. If you mix it in, it just becomes the same consistency as the liquid. All you're getting is the flavor.

noxious.sunshine
10-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Ramen. Ew. There's a metric ton of sodium in that mess.

Besides. When that's all you've lived on for a long time, it becomes rather off-putting.

That being said, I'll eat the spicy chicken if I absolutely have to. I'll just throw in some extra corn kernels, cilantro, and lime juice.

Shorty
10-17-2013, 02:17 AM
ahaha I just had a cup of noodles! Beef flavor, but it's not my favorite. Chicken is the best.

My ex used to make ramen with a little sesame and teriyaki flavoring, an even tinier bit of peanut oil, sesame seeds and some spicy something that I can't remember, but I don't think it was sriracha. Add a fraction of the water and mix all that in with half the seasoning packet and it was sooo good.

Freya
10-17-2013, 02:34 AM
I boil the water then cook the noodles then drain it so there is just a little bit of water to mix it with and just have the pasta. I don't like it soupy. I use the creamy chicken the most. It's my favorite! Don't try to live off ramen though. My brother had it when he was in college and got sick with sodium poisoning. We laughed at him.

Quindiana Jones
10-23-2013, 07:28 AM
There's an amazing Japanese place where I live. It's around 30RMB for a MASSIVE FUCK OFF BOWL. That's about £3 for a MASSIVE FUCK OFF BOWL OF RAMEN.

Seriously, it's bigger than my head, and I have a massive head.

I like duck.

Chris
10-23-2013, 01:12 PM
My Filipino mother would probably consider it treason if I ever ate this stuff. :eep: