PDA

View Full Version : Beyond: Two Souls

NeoCracker
10-17-2013, 02:11 AM
Just beat it, and my thoughts....

OH MY GOD THE EMOTIONS! :cry:

Seriously, there are so many powerful moments in this game, and it is so fucking depressing at times.

Willem Daffoe and Ellen Page turn out absolutely amazing performances in this game.

Gameplay is improved a lot from Cage's last title, Heavy Rain. Controlling Aiden and messing with shit is great fun.

Bolivar
10-17-2013, 03:40 AM
It got really mixed reviews, but I guess this is another case of the enthusiast press unfairly over-rationalizing the flaws in ambitious games?

I kinda of really wanted this to be good.

Jessweeee♪
10-17-2013, 04:04 AM
I really really really want to play this game but I am not a PS3 owner :(

DMKA
10-17-2013, 04:38 AM
Yeah, I still haven't gotten around to playing it. Hopefully I will soon. I played the demo and liked it a lot.

Also, I think it looks incredible for a PS3 game. Easily the best looking console game I've seen.

Quindiana Jones
10-17-2013, 04:58 AM
I'll get it today, I guess. :D

Mo-Nercy
10-17-2013, 07:26 AM
Awesome game. There are some really emotionally gripping moments and Ellen Page's Jodie is the smurf.

I can see what the reviews mean when they say the game feels a bit disjointed, because one minute you're in a warzone, then you're ranching, then you're trying to get laid, but I feel that misses the point. The game is all about the depth of the story and it's central characters.

Endings were good too. I wonder which one will be deemed canon if a sequel is ever pursued.

Freya
10-17-2013, 08:00 AM
I really really really want to play this game but I am not a PS3 owner :(

This is my problem a lot lately....

NeoCracker
10-17-2013, 08:58 AM
I think it was on the BT Podcast this was said, but they said that as a story focused so heavily on characters and emotional investment, it's only problem is it came out after The Last of Us. :p

While I really like Beyond, it doesn't quite live up to The Last of Us in terms of how emotional it can get, though it get's pretty damn close.

Quindiana Jones
10-17-2013, 01:46 PM
I find current Naughty Dog games unplayable, so B:TS should hopefully fill my beautiful, character-driven narrative hole.

e; YUP. HOLE FILLED.

Oh man, the party. There are so many options, and I just don't know what to do. I was so nervous. Ended up making out with creepy British guy just because I wanted to fit in.

BEING A TEENAGE GIRL SUCKS. :(

e2; One major gripe. "Watch Jodie's actions and successfully continue them using the Right Analogue Stick!" Ah, very interesting. Pretty cool. "Now do it in pitch black!" FUCK. YOU.