PDA

View Full Version : I like money; money is good.

Laddy
10-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Let us talk about money~

Do you have money? Isn't money awesome?

Rantz
10-17-2013, 08:51 PM
This month will be a good month financially. Pay raise, overtime pay and vacation bonus. Rockin'. 8-)

Freya
10-17-2013, 08:55 PM
I'm poor. I live paycheck to pay check. But I have nice things. I have my own apartment, my own fancy new car, nice new phone. Two cats. I may not have much spending money but I do live well. I'm not living in a Cardboard box and I'm doing it all on my own! So that's great.

I just wish I had more spending money. Someone give me money.

Slothy
10-17-2013, 08:57 PM
I have no money. It is evil and free market capitalism is a failure.

Shiny
10-18-2013, 02:14 AM
I am taking on a double shift next week because I will be working at two different places; one of which pays better than the other, but it's only for two weeks. So yes, I will have money. However when December comes I will inevitably be broke. F uuuuu Capitalistic Christmas. I'd rather just buy a cake and celebrate Jesus.

Sephex
10-18-2013, 02:21 AM
Whoa! I like money, too! We should hang out!

Calliope
10-18-2013, 02:24 AM
I'm not sure if I like money. Would you send me some so that I can make an informed decision?

Night Fury
10-18-2013, 02:33 AM
i love money. I just got a new job sooooo... Next Thursday is payday, I better make some sales tomorrow to make it a good one. Should be getting at least $60 for my first paycheck :D then anywhere between $350-$800 afterwards. Yum yum.

Mahad
10-18-2013, 03:27 AM
Wait, I'm not the only one who likes money? This is a shock. I don't currently have a job, but I have to get something soon because I have school to pay for. It's an investment on the future, but it would be nice to have some to spare right now.

Araciel
10-18-2013, 05:44 AM
Idiocracy "I like money" - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck)

I love it and I get as much as I can by working 40-50 hours a week.

Jessweeee♪
10-18-2013, 06:34 AM
My grandparents moved in temporarily and are paying the utilities while they're here, so I'm saving a bit. They want me to save for school, or go to Puerto Rico with them when they leave and go to college there, but I really don't want to. In fact I've made a definitive decision recently to never go back to school.

Bunny
10-18-2013, 06:49 AM
Money is good.

Spending money is better.

Shorty
10-18-2013, 06:54 AM
As of almost two weeks ago, I am unemployed. So right now I hate money, because I need it and don't have it.

krissy
10-18-2013, 06:55 AM
money has never brought me true happiness
but i did buy dark souls with it so like

Psychotic
10-18-2013, 07:21 AM
I don't like spending money, I like hoarding it, Scrooge McDuck style. :cool:

Pike
10-18-2013, 07:22 AM
I enjoy spending money on video games.

Faris
10-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Someone beer me a job so that I can have money coming in. :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
10-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Faris, there is always the world's oldest profession!

Old Manus
10-18-2013, 01:05 PM
I just bought a home. I'm completely broke in terms of money, but now I have ~assets~

noxious.sunshine
10-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Someone beer me a job so that I can have money coming in. :(

Beer you a job? How does one do this?

I need a job.

but for now, I like spending my boyfriend's money.

Quindiana Jones
10-18-2013, 02:37 PM
I am completely in the black. It's nice not having any debts to worry about. And since coming to China, where everything is pretty much FREE - at least by Western price standards - I've been rolling in it.

Tigmafuzz
10-18-2013, 03:51 PM
I remember when I had money. :crying2:

Shiny
10-18-2013, 05:11 PM
I need a job.

but for now, I like spending my boyfriend's money.

Get a haircut and get a real job!

Jiro
10-18-2013, 05:16 PM
money and I don't have the best relationship right now

Vasher
10-19-2013, 06:36 PM
I hate money so I either locker it away where I don't have to see it, or trade it for stuff that is actually useful.

Slothy
10-19-2013, 07:02 PM
I don't like spending money, I like hoarding it, Scrooge McDuck style. :cool:

When I was a kid I'd make money bin replicas out of lego and keep my money in them.

Jinx
10-19-2013, 07:45 PM
money wat dat

Chris
10-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Money's tight at the moment, but I never stress about money. Somehow, I will always manage to make more.

escobert
10-26-2013, 05:00 AM
I would like to have lots of money. But, I'm not motivated enough to make lots of money.

EmperorCyan
10-27-2013, 12:19 AM
I have no money. Money is bad. It makes people act in evil ways.

Raistlin
10-27-2013, 02:30 AM
Money is good. I'm now actually making more money than I'm losing for the first time in, well, ever -- enough to support myself, start paying off my student loan debt, and even begin saving for retirement. With enough left over to buy some nice things.

And the state legislature recently approved a cost-of-living bump for all state employees for next year, so I get my first (small) raise after just 4 months of working. :cool:

Jiro
10-27-2013, 06:43 AM
Money is ~on the way~

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-27-2013, 07:29 AM
Currently on my radar for things to buy:

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 and 2.5, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, of course a PlayStation 4 as well. While we're at it, I still haven't upgraded to an HD television yet. Dat 480p.

I plan on going to St Louis Comic Con in April 2014 where I intend to meet, get an autograph, and get my picture taken with Norman Reedus, Jon Bernthal, and Michael Rooker. Pending a scheduling conflict leading to one of them cancelling, of course. Not to mention all of the artists, authors, and various creators who will have awesome stuff at their booths.

And of course, the top priority, the crème de la crème, finally being able to meet Agrias.

Yeah, money sounds nice right now. I don't make a lot of it, though. If I want all of the above things within a reasonable amount of time I better pick up a second job, or a better job.

Ashi
11-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Money is good...but not when it consumes and stresses you. I don't like being stressed over finances.

Cuchulainn
11-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Honestly never given a sit about money, keeping money etc. It holds no value to me beyond being a tool to do things I actually like doing. It's on the same importance level as a fucking condom.

If money means anything more to you than that then you doing this whole life thing wrong.

Miriel
11-05-2013, 09:59 PM
It holds no value to me beyond being a tool to do things I actually like doing.

I'm pretty sure that is the whole point of money, and the reason why most people think about it at all. Cause you know, money = surviving + doing things you want to do and buying things you want to buy.

I like money. I want lots of it. And by lots I mean billions. And then I would buy my own island and make my own country. And there would be puppies EVERYWHERE. It would be an island of puppies. And I would take in rescues and employ an army of veterinarians and trainers to take care of all the doggies and we would all be so happy.

Shorty
11-06-2013, 05:05 AM
I am finally making money again! :love:

But all of it is going to bills from October and then bills for November after that, so it's still like I have none. :( Atleast I'm getting out of the red and can start saving next month!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
11-06-2013, 05:14 AM
If money means anything more to you than that then you doing this whole life thing wrong.

I agree with this so very much

Cuchulainn
11-06-2013, 09:02 AM
It holds no value to me beyond being a tool to do things I actually like doing.

I'm pretty sure that is the whole point of money, and the reason why most people think about it at all. Cause you know, money = surviving + doing things you want to do and buying things you want to buy.

I like money. I want lots of it. And by lots I mean billions. And then I would buy my own island and make my own country. And there would be puppies EVERYWHERE. It would be an island of puppies. And I would take in rescues and employ an army of veterinarians and trainers to take care of all the doggies and we would all be so happy.

This is the exact shallow idiocy that I'm talking about. Greed, obsession with material objects and the illusion of happiness it might bring.

The sad fact is, you can't go anywhere, easily, without money. So I have to accept its existence and my need for it as a tool to do things. But this clamber to be billionaires, this pathetic obsession to own trout you don't need, to spend loads on short term obsessions over long term happiness, I'll never relate to. It's a capitalist nightmare.

Old Manus
11-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Yeah well Cuch :smug:

You can say that in rain-swept Belfast ducking from grenades :smug:

While I sit here in my centrally-heated house :smug:

Smoking my imported Cuban short churchill cigar, rolled on the thighs of the proletariat, burning with the essence of free market capitalism and oppression of minorities :smug:

Cuchulainn
11-06-2013, 09:24 AM
:(
y u do dis manus

Araciel
11-06-2013, 02:15 PM
It's good to own land.

Madame Adequate
11-06-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure a giant haven for puppies qualifies as chasing a materialist mirage and a capitalist nightmare dude :p Like, if she said she wanted a private island to cover in solid gold statues of herself, sure, but I know if I was baller I'd spend a shitload of money on animal shelters and stuff.

I like doing stuff. You need money to do stuff. Ergo, I want money. A lot of it, so that I can do stuff I want instead of just stuff to get more money. This is why I hope I have a lot of secret rich old relatives or win the lottery.

I don't stress much about money unless things are really REALLY tight.

Miriel
11-06-2013, 02:22 PM
This is the exact shallow idiocy that I'm talking about. Greed, obsession with material objects and the illusion of happiness it might bring.

So basically, you hate puppies. Got it.

Cuchulainn
11-06-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure a giant haven for puppies qualifies as chasing a materialist mirage and a capitalist nightmare dude :p Like, if she said she wanted a private island to cover in solid gold statues of herself, sure, but I know if I was baller I'd spend a troutload of money on animal shelters and stuff..

Balls to that, you're all hoors, willingly perpetuating in the capitalist nightmare in which I now live.

Mirage
11-06-2013, 03:50 PM
I am probably a bit materialistic, and I don't really mind. I like having things, but not just anything. It has to be something that enables me to do something that is enjoyable. I don't buy useless items just because they're expensive.

Some examples, I guess:
Buying a proper camera made me happy, because it enabled me to explore photography as a hobby.
Buying a car will most likely make me happy, because it will let me travel to places that are very cumbersome to get to by using public transportation or a bicycle. Getting to new places will also let me take pictures of more things, which I also enjoy.
Buying a computer made me happy, because it let me do creative things in for example photoshop, and also more easily communicate with friends all over the world.
Buying a TV made me happy, because it let me gather friends and have movie evenings or gaming evenings, which are things I enjoy doing. Buying a new TV 6 years later also made me happy, because it enabled me to view even more details in some of the beautiful scenes in movies and games, and I enjoy that sort of stuff. In addition to that, even though it is bigger, it takes up less space in my apartment. More usable space in my apartment makes me happy as well.

That's just the things though. There are a lot of services that make me happy that also cost money, such as traveling to faraway places and experiencing things that are very unlike what I am used to. I really enjoy travelling, and there are dozens of places I would like to go, but that costs quite a bit to get to.

I don't really care about the money itself though. It just represents resources. Having resources is what makes me happy.

Shiny
11-10-2013, 01:08 AM
Puppy Island sounds awesome. I'd rather live on an island of puppies (that I don't have to clean up after) than with humans.

Elskidor
11-10-2013, 02:43 AM
I don't like money. I like getting some things like games, vacations and such, but I am not a materialistic person. If I could convince my family to live in the wild with me, I would be all about leaving all this behind and living off the land. I think it's illegal though. Probably get shot for accidentally trespassing.

Mirage
11-10-2013, 03:22 AM
just buy the land and no one can (legally) shoot you for trespassing

Shaibana
11-10-2013, 01:10 PM
after 6 months being unemployed after graduating i got my first pay-check...

i have been living from my savings and it was almost empty, it feels danm good to suddenly have a good amount of money, so that i dont have to worry about it anymore