PDA

View Full Version : Animation to Movie

Mercen-X
10-19-2013, 05:42 AM
What animated show would you like to see as a movie? Of course, I'm referring to live-action, since in those, they usually draw from canon, meanwhile the original animated movies are usually not considered canon and are never referred back to in the anime. If it's all animation, it should all refer to each other. Otherwise, it may as well be fanfiction.

Personally, I'd like to see Xiaolin Showdown and Jackie Chan Adventures as movies. In the latter case, I think it would be hilarious to cast Chan as Uncle while casting a younger actor who vaguely resembles Jackie as the lead.

Maybe a remake of Popeye. While the original with Robin Williams received mix responses from audiences, that's no reason to steer clear of it entirely. Maybe they could cast Jason Statham. He makes everything great.

There's new that BLEACH will receive a live-action installment, the idea being received EXTREMELY negatively. On that note, I'd hope for FMA, Naruto, and Cowboy Bebop. The last may come off a bit like Serenity (right down to a sword-wielding nemesis), but could work nonetheless. Other choices include Gungrave, InuYasha, Saiyuki, Samurai Champloo, a remake of Dragon Ball, though I should just stop here because anime is easy enough to list. I pretty much want all anime made into a movie.

Back to Western animation, maybe Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Dexter Boy Genius, Ed, Edd, N Eddy? Definitely, remake The Last Airbender and, for god's sake, keep it as far away from Shyamalan as possible.

Anyway, what would be some you wish to see?

Disclaimer: This is NOT an invite for trolls to segue into their rampant ranting "Why they shouldn't" soliloquys. I understand many people would prefer not to translate animation to live-action, but keep THAT opinion to yourself. This thread needs no negativity. Just say what you DO want to see as a movie.

Shorty
10-19-2013, 06:47 AM
The Maxx!

Night Fury
10-19-2013, 08:10 AM
Kim Possible could be pretty cool.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-19-2013, 06:41 PM
I feel like The Last Airbender was as much Nickelodeon's fault as Shyamalan's. There's just too much in one book to fit into a short hour and a half (or whatever movie). Either way, it would be cool to get a proper movie for everyone's favorite Avatar. I also really like the idea of some Jackie Chan Adventure films.

To contribute to your anime list, I do think Eden of the East would translate really well into a live action film, especially if they could clean up some of the story elements that I think kind of fell flat in the show itself.

Teen Titans could be fun as well. That's all I can really think of at the moment.

Shiny
10-21-2013, 05:53 PM
Still waiting on the Cowboy Bebop live action film, Keanu.

Vyk
10-22-2013, 05:39 AM
Voltron could easily be as enjoyable and campy as the original Power Rangers movie. And if it happened; I bet I'd have a blast with it. But I highly doubt anyone in today's Hollywood would be able to give it the right recipe

Shorty
10-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Space Ghost. And I would list Aeon Flux, but they already did that and it was pretty terrible, but I still love it for some reason. :( I think a Harvey Birdman movie would be fun but I only want it if Stephen Colbert can be involved.

I want to say Johnny Bravo but I'm pretty sure it would just be ruined and I can't think of anyone good enough to play him. The only people who come into my brain are Brendan Fraser and Ben Affleck and I don't think either of them are good enough.

Also, Dr. Katz. I know they've done some live-acted showings in LA or something with the cast that I would really like to be able to see because I think anything with H. Jon Benjamin is genius, but Jonathan Katz has a pretty severe case of multiple sclerosis and thus a movie is probably out of the question. :(

Scotty_ffgamer
10-22-2013, 04:27 PM
I kept wanting to type Space Ghost, but I couldn't picture it working without Space Ghost and his crew being animated. If they did a completely live action Space Ghost, though, I would see it in a heart beat. I just really want more Space Ghost.

Also, H. John Benjamin is amazing, and I kept trying to think of what show of his would work best live action. I still need to see Dr. Katz.

noxious.sunshine
10-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Grimm Adventures of Billy & Mandy.

I think Johnny Bravo could work.. Enlist Jonathan Rhys Meyers or some buff stupid man.

I'd love to see Outlaw Star in a live action. That'd rock.

And for what it's worth.. Even though it's just a book. Anne McCaffrey's "Dragonflight". It's such an amazing book and is beyond deserving of a movie adaptation.

Mercen-X
10-23-2013, 08:51 PM
There's too much in one book to fit into a short hour and a half.
How about two movies per book? Two-parters are all the rage right now and that fad will last for at least another seven years (optimistically). Avatar: the Last Airbender: Book 1: Water: Part 1 or rather Last Airbender: Water: Part 1. The next director who takes a shot at it needs to consult the Honest Trailers at Youtube to learn what NOT to do.

I also wanted to list Teen Titans, but I felt that should probably be left to a DC Comics page or something. I do want to see a Teen Titans movie. Also Young Justice and WildCATS.

Aeon Flux, but it was pretty terrible.

Harvey Birdman movie would be fun but I only want it if Stephen Colbert can be involved.

Johnny Bravo
Aeon Flux remake. I liked the movie, however, I never seen it in any other format.

How about Steve Carell?

How about Keanu Reeves?

Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
Another I thought of listing. Young actresses have been coming out of the woodwork recently so I doubt Hollywood would find it difficult to cast Mandy. Even less difficult to cast Grim and Billy. I can only think of this as a parody action romp where Grim, Billy, and Mandy take on Nergal.

Outlaw Star is a good one.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-23-2013, 09:01 PM
I'd say 2 movies per book would probably work, especially since Nickelodian would want shorter movies. If I remember right, Shyamalan's original script was something like 3 hours long, and they forced him to cut it down because kids wouldn't be able to sit through that. Of course, there were a lot more problems with Shyamalan's movie than trying to cover too much in one movie. Mispronouncing character names, the way they portrayed bending, everything else.

Either way, that movie should be erased from existence and someone else should take a stab at it.

Laddy
10-24-2013, 03:14 AM
I want to see an Ang Lee Avatar film.

This might make some people cringe, but Daria.

Shorty
10-24-2013, 03:15 AM
I, too, thought of listing Billy and Mandy!

reference my sig nerds

noxious.sunshine
10-25-2013, 02:14 AM
Andy Milonakis circa when he was -remotely- cute and funny (like a million years ago) would've made a good Billy. Maybe.

For some reason when I think of the cartoon now, I imagine casting midget (dwarf?) kids to play the roles of Billy & Mandy.

And a tall, skinny Jamaican to play Grimm. For obvs reasons.

Shorty
10-25-2013, 02:17 AM
I kindof see casting a teenager as Mandy so she has that super sarcastic yet evil air about her. But absolutely no one comes to mind.

Night Fury
10-25-2013, 05:44 AM
Chloe Moretz?

Elskidor
10-25-2013, 06:33 AM
I'm still waiting on the new He-Man movie, or She-Ra. Some cartoons just would not work though...live action Mickey Mouse to the rescue!

Shorty
10-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Chloe Moretz?

I am disliking Chloe Moretz the more time goes on. Something about her seems very... self-involved and non-humbling. So no, probably someone younger and without those characteristics.

noxious.sunshine
10-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Dakota Fanning popped into my head, but ever since Twilight, I'm not a fan of hers anymore really.

If only Bob Marley were alive. He could be Grimm. XD

TrollHunter
10-28-2013, 09:22 AM
I'd totally watch a Berserk movie if it was done right.
I think it would need to cover the golden arc for it to work, and it may need 2 movies, but oh god it'd be sweet if done well.