PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut announced

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-21-2013, 02:23 AM

It gives us great pleasure to announce that DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION - Director's Cut will be released on October 22nd in North America. As an added bonus, for all of you who secure your copy through the Square Enix Online Store, you will receive the exclusive novella: DEUS EX: Fallen Angel written by James Swallow. For all you DEUS EX diehards out there, you’ll remember that James also wrote the novel DEUS EX: Icarus Effect so you’ll know this story will be amazing!
Some of the added features that make the Director’s Cut the ultimate DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION experience:

-Remastered original game including completely redesigned boss fights, improved graphics and AI.
-Second screen functionality on all current gen consoles
-Bonus Missions: Including the DLC piece The Missing Link inserted seamlessly into the campaign
-Over 8 hours of Director’s commentary
-The Fallen Angel novella written by James Swallow (exclusive to Square Enix Online Store)

As a big fan of this game a part of me is excited to have a sort of "ultimate release" come out. But another part of me is really tired of companies trying to make me buy games I already have. If this said "includes all previously released DLC" on top of all these added features, I would strongly consider buying this and selling the normal version of the game I have.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Looks like you can buy the Director's Cut add-on's without having to repurchase the game. And it does have all the DLC!

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/dxhr-%E2%80%93-director%E2%80%99s-cut-pc-digital-release-details

It contains the full Human Revolution game, plus all DLC packs (the Missing Link, the Explosive Mission Pack, and the Tactical Enhancement Pack) – along with some improvements to the boss fights… which you’ll probably find really useful. Not only that, but there’s a New Game + feature, so you can replay through the action with all your previously-earned upgrades intact, there are developer commentaries (English-only) plus the original Making-of video.

Slothy
10-21-2013, 02:35 AM
Might be worth it to see redone boss fights alone. Steam's telling me it's $20. I'll probably wait and see if it pops up in the next Steam sale.

Jessweeee♪
10-21-2013, 02:46 AM
I just got the game for free when I bought a video card and I have yet to play it!

Aulayna
10-21-2013, 03:15 AM
I love this game but I just don't buy Director's Cuts. It's cool for people yet to play the game but for me, eh, not that interested.

Old Manus
10-21-2013, 07:07 PM
So this is like the tenth different version of the same game. Dat consumerism.

Bolivar
10-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Second screen functionality sounds cool but I'm not gonna buy another version to get it. Should be awesome for Wii U owners looking for something intersting for their innovative hardware.

I'm more excited about the admission that they are in development of a next Gen sequel. I just beat this game a few months ago and it was crazy.

krissy
10-23-2013, 04:22 AM
wow they certainly upped the angle of adam's glasses in that advert in the first post
MORE ANIME
INCREASE THE ANIME LEVELS
KAWAIIII

edit: i dont know why i wrote that initially i was going to make a bug-eyed joke but then thinking about eyes made me think of anime eyes

im a racist

Quindiana Jones
10-23-2013, 07:39 AM
"DLC inserted seamlessly into the campaign". Yeah, almost like they intentionally removed an aspect of the campaign to draw more money from consumers. Sly dogs.

Shoeberto
10-23-2013, 02:20 PM
"DLC inserted seamlessly into the campaign". Yeah, almost like they intentionally removed an aspect of the campaign to draw more money from consumers. Sly dogs.
I haven't played The Missing Link yet, but I don't recall the story being negatively impacted by the missing section. It was far less obvious than something like Assassin's Creed 2 where they just flat-out tell you there's like 2 chapters of story that you have to buy.

I'm pretty excited for this. HR was one of my fav games ever and they're released the Director's Cut for like $5 on PC if you have the original and expansion... which I bought for like $7.50 total during a sale. Which is justified since I bought it originally on PS3 at full price for the collector's edition. It's a game so good that I don't mind buying it three times.

Quindiana Jones
10-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Getting hit in the face with a sledgehammer is worse than getting hit in the face with a mallet, but I'd rather developers would just stop trying to hit me in the face.

Aulayna
10-23-2013, 08:39 PM
Apparently I'm getting this for free due to pre-ordering the original version and purchasing the DLC... not complaining now!

Slothy
10-23-2013, 08:55 PM
$5 on Steam? I'm sold.

Also Quin, The Missing Link stuff was removed because they didn't have time to finish it. I don't know if you actually played it or not, but it literally had no impact on the story (zero, zip, zilch), and what was released was quite well polished and definitely an improvement on the experience the base game provided, and at best, had some subtle nods to the original game thrown in to make the old folks giggle with glee and, well, that was pretty much the whole story. Hardly the worst use of DLC in the world. Especially since it was dirt cheap.

Not to mention that if that had happened ten years ago we wouldn't have gotten the missing content at all.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-27-2013, 11:08 PM
Looks like it does end up having all the dlc after all! I'll have to look in to this more.

http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/dxhr-%E2%80%93-director%E2%80%99s-cut-pc-digital-release-details

It contains the full Human Revolution game, plus all DLC packs (the Missing Link, the Explosive Mission Pack, and the Tactical Enhancement Pack) – along with some improvements to the boss fights… which you’ll probably find really useful. Not only that, but there’s a New Game + feature, so you can replay through the action with all your previously-earned upgrades intact, there are developer commentaries (English-only) plus the original Making-of video.

Mirage
10-30-2013, 11:49 PM
Now that the game finally is complete, I might actually buy it.

Cosmiccandy
11-02-2013, 07:01 PM
This game is easily one of the best I've played in years, and I feel obligated just to support the damm thing with my money...again. 5 bucks? Sold.

Spuuky
11-02-2013, 07:41 PM
It's a good game, but I'm having a hard time seeing why I'd want to replay it a third time. I already went through the whatever-is-hardest pacifist playthrough and my easy-mode murdering psychopath playthrough in which I killed every civilian.

The boss fights needed a rework, but the important part of that at this point is simply that they learn for the next game.