PDA

View Full Version : Ach, Scary!!!!

Night Fury
10-23-2013, 11:35 AM
-Generic Halloween Related Thread!-

What kinds of things are you afraid of? I'm not talking ghosts and ghouls and creepy crawlies, but situations and the like.

After getting attacked on a bus home once, I've since been a bit panicky about public transport late at night. I get really iffy about people walking very closely behind me and I'm also very scared of people breaking into my house and attacking me.

Thinking of the future and how I'm going to ever afford a mortgage and stuff like that also scares the bejeesus out of me.

Cuchulainn
10-23-2013, 01:21 PM
People I give a fuck about getting hurt and I'm not there to stop it. That was ore a 90s fear. Still rears its head now and then.

Apart from that nothing...except being forced into conversations where I've to talk about how I feel.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Phones. I will never answer the phone unless it is a number I recognize. Sometimes I still won't answer if I do recognize the number just because I dread talking on the phone. I would extra measures at work to make sure I'm at a register furthest from the phones so that I don't have to answer them. I still do anyways. If I need to make a phone call, I will spend the entire day dreading it and thinking about it and pushing it off, and sometimes I just won't make the phone call. I hate phones. Texting is fine, though. And there are certain friends and family I don't mind calling.

Cars. I have a fear of driving (though it's somewhat diminished). I will say that at the job I just left, I had to walk along a pretty narrow median for a bit to cross a bridge. I would have to do everything I could not to panic while on it. Didn't help that one time an accident almost happened right next to me that most certainly would have made for a dead or seriously injured Scott.

I am afraid of never doing anything with my life, of not accomplishing any of my goals of being a teacher, finishing a novel, getting married, whatever.

Laddy
10-23-2013, 10:51 PM
I have major panic attacks about driving.

I also have a phobia of blood and, interestingly enough, babies and small children. I'm a scaredy cat indeed.

Shorty
10-23-2013, 11:56 PM
People I give a smurf about getting hurt and I'm not there to stop it.

This same thing, mostly. I used to have dreams all the time about some situation in which my sisters and I were trying to get away from (my mom was often times the bad guy but we were always running from someone or some force like zombies or something scary) and something usually happened to one of them and I couldn't save all of them.

I've never been attacked or had a home invasion or anything, never been in a car accident, never been in a natural disaster. I've often times thought I am way overdo for a horrible disaster, and the thought of any of those things happenings scares me.

noxious.sunshine
10-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Parker growing up.

Feeling like I can't breathe. I have a minor meltdown if my nose and mouth get covered for any reason. I can't stand having my head under the blanket, I have to have the car window cracked at least a little no matter the temperature outside, I prefer constant air circulating, etc.

I get suspicious if a car gets behind me from another lane quickly. I used to not care about walking alone at night - even when I lived in the ghetto w serial killers running loose - but now that I have my daughter, I'm more cautious.

Chris
10-24-2013, 06:51 PM
Afraid of Victor finding someone else. I know that this is not a rational fear the way things are between us now, but it scares me to death. :(

TrollHunter
10-24-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm afraid of hurting people I care about.
I'm afraid of my own imagination late at night.
I'm afraid I wont be as good as I dream of being.
I'm afraid of saying something stupid in front of people I respect.
I'm afraid that my sister will never get over her drug addiction.
I'm afraid that I'll give people bad advice when I become a counselor.
I'm afraid that I'll forget the beauty of the world and humanity and become a pessimistic asshole.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-28-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm afraid of being honest in threads like this.

Well, not really. I suppose it's just the general sense of being vulnerable in front of people I wouldn't otherwise confide in.

I don't really have fears as much as things I just don't want to happen.

It's like, I don't want to have an argument with someone, or I don't want someone to die, but I'm not living in fear of the day it'll happen. I just deal with bridges once I cross them, you know?

I'd be scared if I was locked in a room with a deadly snake or someone pulled a gun on me at the grocery store, but I don't plan for events like that.

camillobenso
10-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Thanks for sharing information,your information increase my knowledge.

Elskidor
10-29-2013, 11:10 AM
Thanks for sharing information,your information increase my knowledge.

I am afraid of this post.

Psychotic
10-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Long distance driving, and I always get nervous driving to places I don't know. I guess the concern is I will fuck up, make a mistake and get hurt or hurt someone else.