PDA

View Full Version : Dying my hair.... AGAIN!

Night Fury
10-23-2013, 12:13 PM
I think dying my hair is probably my favourite beauty treatment. I love doing at-home dying. It chills me out so much, and it's like a pampering treat too. I just love doing my hair! :D

Tonight I'm dying my hair a gorgeous chocolate-y brown then ombreing my tips a light chestnutty blondey colour! Eeep! Exciting! :D

I've also actually considered going to college and doing a hairdressing course. I've always loved hair, and doing other peoples hair and it seems like something fun to do when I have some money :)

So, how often do you dye/change your hair? Do you dye it yourself or get a pro to do it?

I know we had a hair thread earlier this year but.... fuck it! Post pics of all the different hair colours you've had lately! I'm a hair chameleon, I go through about 4- colours a year - usually a look for every season! This year I've been auburn, ginger, red, black, and now I will be a chocolate ombre for the Aussie summer! :D

noxious.sunshine
10-23-2013, 03:12 PM
I used to just stick with highlights when I was younger, but then I got into coloring it more red (though we'd buy like ginger colors and it'd turn burgundy).

Then I tried coloring it blue one time during my goth phase and it turned purple-ish black. Then there was the dreadlocks. Haha. My mom nearly died.

then in was back to highlights... My sister would do it for me. Oh wait. Somewhere in there, I tried to go blonde. But it burned the crap outta my scalp.

and now I color it a more saturated auburn, which is my natural hair color. I only do it like maybe 2x a year cuz the color sticks for so long. If I re-do it too close to the previous coloring, it makes my hair go too dark. Same with how long I leave it in. I can only leave it for like 1/4 - 1/3 of the time it says on the package. Otherwise, same thing. Way too dark and it takes 45 shampoos to get it to where it's supposed to be.

I also have to use 2 boxes which drives me nuts. Damn you 5 ft hair.

Oooooh one time, I did a light brown for something different and only left it in for 5 minutes .. my ex couldn't even tell I'd dyed it. It looked rly pretty.

Freya
10-23-2013, 03:16 PM
I am having a dilemma myself this weekend. I want to dye my hair. I'm thinking dark red. I dunno. J don't want to bleach it to get it to hold. I dunno if I an highlights ugh. It all with curly hair is hard.

Cuchulainn
10-23-2013, 05:01 PM
How bored are you down there?

Laddy
10-23-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm dying a darker color to complement my French heritage.

Shorty
10-24-2013, 03:08 AM
I'm back to the closest I've ever been to my natural color after years of trying to get here. Coming back from black cherry has been a long and lengthy process. I like myself with dark hair, but after a while it becomes just sortof faded and awful but keeps getting darker and darker until it almost looks black. I've been trying to grow it out for a while now, too, and it's medium-longish right now. If I can get about four more inches on, I will be happy.

I considered going to school for it since I've been doing my own hair for over a decade and can cut hair and stuff, but the last time I tried to look into it it was $22k and fuuuuuuuuuck that for beauty school. My mom went to cosmetology school for $3k and granted it was in the 80's but still, my god. I'm not paying twenty-two thousand dollars to get a license to braid hair for a living.

Someday I want teal mermaid hair for a bit, but I want to wait until it's super long to do it. I am going to have teal hair, damnit! And then I'll go back to red and keep it for good.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-24-2013, 04:40 AM
I miss dying my hair. I had it all sorts of different colors and it was always super fun. Green was my favorite.

I'd like to do pink someday.