PDA

View Full Version : *looks around cautiously*

Vanicent
10-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Hello there!

This site and forum was recommended to me by a couple of fellow Role Players in Final Fantasy XIV, so I thought I'd look around and introduce myself.

I've played quite a few Final Fantasy games, starting with VII back on the PlayStation. I've since played VIII, IX, X, XI (and I have to say I find XIV far more enjoyable and enticing to play), XII, XIII and now XIV. I attempted VI but never managed to finish it before my PlayStation died.

Like my character in XIV, I enjoy archery, and my other hobbies include reading sci-fi or fantasy novels, and playing RTS games (mainly the Command & Conquer titles). I'm currently reading The Traitor Queen trilogy by Trudi Canavan, as I enjoyed her previous works.

I'm not sure what else to say, so I'll stop there. Thanks for reading if you made it this far. :)

Jinx
10-23-2013, 10:33 PM
You were right to be cautious.

Laddy
10-23-2013, 10:45 PM
Don't listen to her! :roll: It's awesome here and we're glad you're here~

Vanicent
10-23-2013, 11:13 PM
You were right to be cautious.

I'm always cautious, nothing anyone says will change that trait. Well, it is highly unlikely that it will change.

And thanks Laddy. Nice to be here.

Aulayna
10-23-2013, 11:20 PM
Hey you! (Mayrissa ingame)

Shorty
10-24-2013, 12:10 AM
Hello there and welcome to EoFF! :jess:

Ghosteses
10-24-2013, 12:44 AM
hello there! returning the welcome! ^..^

Freya
10-24-2013, 02:05 AM
Welcome to eyeson ff! Glad you found our little home on the internet. I have yet to play XIV myself. I was in the beta but i'm poor so ya know, subscription fees are lame for me right now. So I can't completely be on your same level with that part but a good RTS is great to find. Do you like the turn based ones like Civ?

Jessweeee♪
10-24-2013, 04:58 AM
Well hi there :spin:

I'm kind of a newbie on FFXIV c:

noxious.sunshine
10-24-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm still on like level 17 in XIV. The bf ruined it for me 'cuz that's pretty much all he does plus I suck at dungeons. So I said "screw it" and went back to playing regular 1 person vidya games. *nodnodnod*

Oh yeah. Welcome.

Loony BoB
10-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Ahoy there, Van. :D Good to see you posting about - welcome to both EoFF and Fat Chocobos. :)

Mahad
10-25-2013, 05:32 AM
welcome! worry not, they don't bite; i'm sure you'll have fun around here.

Bierhumpen_Kukki
10-25-2013, 05:48 AM
welcome! worry not, they don't bite; i'm sure you'll have fun around here.

Sounds like you didnt meet val yet.^^" even the toughest tanks shake in their armor when rhe val walks by. :D

Now...what did i come here for again...?
Right! Welcome to the eoff chocobos! :D

Vanicent
10-25-2013, 09:05 PM
Nice to meet everyone! I hope I can contribute to the Linkshell and the Free Company while in game. I look forward to working with anyone who will allow me the opportunity.

I don't know how often I'll be on the forums, but I will look in from time to time.

Ravan
12-05-2013, 09:32 AM
I'm currently reading The Traitor Queen trilogy by Trudi Canavan, as I enjoyed her previous works.

I love those books!! :)

Psychotic
12-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Hello Vancient! I really like your user name, how did you come up with it?

Also, was Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 the best or what?

Vanicent
12-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Ok, sorry for the delay Psychotic as I did mention I wouldn't be online in the forums very often.

Red Alert 2 was fun, but I think Red Alert 3 is getting a bit silly in terms of unit abilities. Cryocoptors, most vehicles are sea and land capable.

And as for my username, it was actually a randomly generated name that I liked the sound of when I started FFXI, so I kept it. Nothing special I'm afraid.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to mention that I semi-borrowed the surname once I learned I'd need one for XIV, so I used the surname of a Bleach character that sounded good, although I constantly remember it wrongly. The character is Kensei Muguruma, but for some reason I remember it as "Muragama", so I used it for XIV.

Ayen
12-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Welcome to Eyes on Final Fantasy, where our eyes are on Final Fantasy at all times. Except for all the times that they aren't, we call that Eyes on Other Things.

Vanicent
01-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Thanks Tori. By the way, what is that picture in your signature from? It looks familiar, but I can't identify it.

Ayen
01-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Arya Stark, Game of Thrones Season 2.

Vanicent
01-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Thanks, but I now have no idea why the face looked familiar, since all I've seen of Game of Thrones was the first episode.

Ayen
01-01-2014, 11:41 PM
She was in the first episode, just imagine her with longer hair.

Botchmun
01-02-2014, 12:18 AM
This place is horrible, get out now!

WE ACCEPT YOU! ONE OF US!
GOOBLE GOBBLE! ONE OF US!

Vanicent
01-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Hmm, I'm now wondering if I should be staying near the door...

Nah, this place can't be as crazy as where I work, so I should b ok to stick around.