PDA

View Full Version : Request List

Ayen
10-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Chances are that by now some of you know I do video games reviews every week and some of you have been kind enough to comment on them which I thank you for. Back in September before my birthday I asked my friends what games they would like to see me review and before I know it the list ended up looking something like this:

Request List
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed III
Bayonetta
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Eternal Darkness
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Hatsune Miku
Katamari Damacy
Magic Knight Rayearth
Mass Effect
Ninja Gaiden
Secret of Evermore
Star Craft
Star Craft II Wings of Liberty
Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic II
Super Mario RPG
Touhou Koumakyou: The Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil

Filled Requests
Spelunky
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic
Dark Souls
Darksiders
Devil May Cry

I'm not asking for more requests right now since I have five months worth to look forward to, I was just wondering what your guys' thoughts are on the above list. Are these games you've played, want to play, love or hated? Do you envy my workload or are you sending your condolences? I just like to see what other gamers think.

Loony BoB
10-24-2013, 12:34 PM
Not played
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed III
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Eternal Darkness
Hatsune Miku
Katamari Damacy
Magic Knight Rayearth
Ninja Gaiden
Secret of Evermore
Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic II
Super Mario RPG
Touhou Koumakyou: The Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil
Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic
Dark Souls
Darksiders
Devil May Cry
Spelunky

Played
Bayonetta - This was okay, but for me was ruined by the QTE's so I stopped playing it out of frustration.
Final Fantasy VII - Love it.
Final Fantasy VIII - Love it.
Final Fantasy IX - Really good.
Mass Effect - Love it.
Starcraft - Was alright, but I prefer Warcraft to Starcraft.
Starcraft II Wings of Liberty - Ditto the above (thanks Pike).
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Really good.

I both envy your workload and send commiserations. Basically I'm in that place where I wish I had more time to play all the games that I want to play, but at the same time I don't have that time and having such a workload would only serve to lessen my enjoyment of each game as I would feel rather rushed.

Pike
10-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Re: BoB: Wings of Liberty is just the subtitle for the first Starcraft 2.

I might go through this list in more detail when I'm not on my phone.

Bolivar
10-24-2013, 04:10 PM
I'd love to read your thoughts on FFVIII, since it was such a divisive game

Ayen
10-24-2013, 08:30 PM
I both envy your workload and send commiserations. Basically I'm in that place where I wish I had more time to play all the games that I want to play, but at the same time I don't have that time and having such a workload would only serve to lessen my enjoyment of each game as I would feel rather rushed.

I get feeling rushed. I have a lot more time available to me and yet there still doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to play some of these. Skyrim and Dark Souls were not meant to be played on a weekly schedule.

I'd love to read your thoughts on FFVIII, since it was such a divisive game

Is that why opinions on it are so mixed? I didn't realize there were so many people out there who hated it. The one I'm a bit nervous about reviewing is Final Fantasy VII. It's one of those games where virtually everything has been said about it whether it was positive, negative or indifferent. It's going to be challenging to approach.

Vyk
10-25-2013, 01:18 AM
There's a re-mastered FFVII released on Steam, that's supposedly the best version available. Why they put this on PC and not PSN is beyond me. But you may want to review that version if you're interested

Ayen
10-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Depends how much money I have by the time I review it. Can't say I'm that excited about the idea of playing it on the PC.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-25-2013, 01:58 AM
It looks nicer than the original PS release, but it has worse quality music. Not really worth getting if you already have a copy of VII I'd think.

Dust would be an interesting game to get your opinion on, I think. It's great fun from the little I've played of it, and it's probably not as well known as the other on your list. I'm also interested in your opinion of VIII for reasons already mentioned. It's my favorite FF game, but it was also my first FF game. I'm always interested in seeing what others do or don't like about it, though.

Ayen
10-25-2013, 02:08 AM
Yeah, I still have my hard copy of VII I got at the pawn shop years ago. And I looked everywhere for Dust after it was requested until I discovered the wonder that is Steam. I was starting to think I'd have to get Xbox Live in order to play it.

Vyk
10-25-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm with you. I got the demo off of XBLA and loved it, but didn't want to buy it in that manner. Then Steam acquired it and I got it during the summer sales at dirt cheap

Also, I played about an hour of the FFVII Steam version, nothing seemed out of sorts to me in the audio department. Are we sure it's really that much worse? I mean it works with an X-Box controller, so it's not really a lot different than playing on console. Just prettier. But maybe I just didn't catch something I should have

Either way, I'm more interested in a Dust review myself. And mildly curious about FFVIII. I'm one of the 8-Haters, and am always curious what others see in it. I doubt I'll ever be convinced to legitimately enjoy it, but I respect and am intrigued by other's opinions on it regardless

Scotty_ffgamer
10-25-2013, 09:12 PM
I haven't played VII on pc so I can't really judge that; I just made that statement based on what others have said. Either way, not really worth running out to buy the PC version just for the review unless you really want to play it on PC.

Ayen
10-30-2013, 06:38 PM
I'll probably review Dust in January. November is going to be spent looking at older games from the 70's, 80's and 90's range. Hoping to get a PS3 and Hatsune Miku Project Diva this Christmas so I can throw that in with Katamari Damacy for January. Assassin's Creed II, Star Craft and Ninja Gaiden will be looked at in December and I'm saving Bayonetta for Women's Month next March.