PDA

View Full Version : So I just watched Advent Children Complete

Aulayna
10-24-2013, 05:47 AM
Because I'm on night shift and you know... YOLO...

I actually quite enjoyed it compared to the original version. The extra scenes fleshed out a lot of the stuff. I guess it's also nearly 10 years since the original came out that I don't have the energy to look for faults in everything anymore and just took it for what it was, which actually wasn't that bad - and I hated the original.

noxious.sunshine
10-24-2013, 09:08 AM
Wait. Advent Children got remade?

Where the hell was I when this happened?

OH. nm. It says "Complete". Duh.

Elskidor
10-25-2013, 03:19 AM
I didn't know this existed until I saw this thread, and I went and hunted it down. It does help the film a lot, but I don't know why they left half of that stuff out in the official release. I enjoyed it much more than the original release, by far. I think I woulda enjoyed about 20 more minutes of story line to flesh out things a tad more, but it was an improvement.

Jinx
10-25-2013, 03:51 AM
What was included in this release that wasn't included in the original?

Elskidor
10-25-2013, 04:31 AM
Some back story on Denzel, Cloud, and some Rufus/Turks scenes.

Jiro
10-25-2013, 10:37 AM
The added scenes went a long way to making it fucking coherent. The original Advent Children could not be watched without a strong understanding of teh source material and a goddamn crystal ball.

Elskidor
10-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah, that's true. Besides for looking pretty, the original Advent Children was crap. Pretty crap, but still just crap. Oh yeah, they added about 5 more minutes to the ending fight scene too. I don't think it was needed at all, but I know some people probably would have been fine with a 2 hour long drawn out fight scene and woulda called it a movie.

Jinx
10-25-2013, 02:08 PM
I saw the original cut. I remember my friends all getting pissy with me because I said it was shit. I had played FFVII of course. But I hadn't (and still haven't) read the comic or played any of the side games. I was pretty lost about was going on. From the moment the movie started.

VeloZer0
10-25-2013, 04:11 PM
I don't think it was needed at all, but I know some people probably would have been fine with a 2 hour long drawn out fight scene and woulda called it a movie.
That's for damn sure. :D

I've been meaning to get around to watching this since... whenever it was released. However the fact that I thought AC was fairly poor aside from the fighting hasn't really made it a priority. Knowing that they did some improvements to the fighting now bumps it up a little on the ol' priority list.

Depression Moon
10-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Hmm, I might try and give this a watch too. Like everyone else I thought Advent Children was pretty bad outside the action.

Sword
10-28-2013, 12:53 AM
but I don't know why they left half of that stuff out in the official release. It's almost as if animation costs money.

Elskidor
10-28-2013, 01:14 AM
That material was already available, they just cut it out of the film deeming it not important.

Elly
10-28-2013, 08:40 AM
iirc, they said they added the extra scenes after the original release as well as persistent dirt, rips, tears, & cuts on the character models... it was not footage left on the cutting room floor, but entirely new material to flesh out a few things fans had complained about...
if someone could find the interview i'm referencing that would be awesome...

Ayen
10-31-2013, 01:32 PM
I wish I had a Blu Ray so I could watch it, but as it stands now I won't be viewing Complete any time soon. Saw a picture of Aerith in the remake and she looked awesome, much better than in the original.

Aulayna
10-31-2013, 01:52 PM
I wish I had a Blu Ray so I could watch it, but as it stands now I won't be viewing Complete any time soon. Saw a picture of Aerith in the remake and she looked awesome, much better than in the original.

*cough*

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (HD)+(CC) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os952LZljB8)

*cough*

*whistles*

Ayen
10-31-2013, 03:50 PM
I call it Reno & Rude Complete.

Psychotic
11-05-2013, 06:49 PM
I watched it because of this thread. I actually quite enjoyed it! I had only seen it in Japanese when it first came out and I sort of lost interest after that, so this was my first English viewing. I definitely have higher thoughts of it having seen Complete than I had the original. I looked up a list of extra scenes and I think those definitely add to it.

Christmas
07-02-2022, 09:36 AM
The extra scenes are worth it! Anything is worth it since I downloaded it for free off the internet. :bigsmile:

Need topless Sephiroth to complete it though.