PDA

View Full Version : Which blogging sites (with comment systems) are most likely to get noticed?

MJN SEIFER
10-24-2013, 04:49 PM
This is for a project I am going to be working on (yes, another one...), but I will be doing so using a kind of online blogging site (stuff like "Blogger", "LiveJournal" or whatever) but I'd like it to be easy to notice, and be in public eye online. If that makes sense. I was just wondering which would be the best one to use, but there are a few rules as it were;

It can't really be LiveJournal because I'm already doing something on that which is unfinished.

It has to be one that allows the viewers to comment on it, and their comments to be under the actual article (so things like "Tumblr" is out - if Tumblr even counts as one...)

It has to be a free to use site.

Jinx
10-24-2013, 04:55 PM
Probably Blogspot or Wordpress. Tumblr doesn't really have a comments section.

MJN SEIFER
10-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Are Blogspot and Blogger the same thing? Because I keep getting blogger when I Google "blogspot".

Jinx
10-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Yes, I do believe they are!

MJN SEIFER
10-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Yes, I do believe they are! Thanks, I'll try that one out then. :) Appreciate the help.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-25-2013, 01:53 AM
Yup, Blogger and Blogspot are the same. It's also the easier of the two (between Blogger and Wordpress) to set up and such, but Wordpress is more customize-able if you have the web design know how to do it. I'd say they are about the same in terms of gaining readership, but I don't know that for sure.

rubah
10-27-2013, 08:29 PM
No one is going to randomly stumble on your blog, regardless of platform; you have to promote it

MJN SEIFER
10-28-2013, 12:21 AM
No one is going to randomly stumble on your blog, regardless of platform; you have to promote it

And how, other than include a link in my sigs when it's ready, do I do that? :)

Shiny
11-10-2013, 06:36 AM
Through social media networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, and possibly even YouTube. If you have a main website you can also advertise it on there. On my website I have my blog connected to my website which is hosted through Tumblr, but I like Word Press better because it allows for comments. Tumblr isn't great if you want certain things, but a lot more people will be able to stumble upon it depending on how you tag things. I get random Tumblr people liking things I put up on Tumblr all the time.

MJN SEIFER
01-02-2014, 01:15 AM
Through social media networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, and possibly even YouTube. If you have a main website you can also advertise it on there. On my website I have my blog connected to my website which is hosted through Tumblr, but I like Word Press better because it allows for comments. Tumblr isn't great if you want certain things, but a lot more people will be able to stumble upon it depending on how you tag things. I get random Tumblr people liking things I put up on Tumblr all the time. This will probably locked due to it's age soon, but thanks, I'll try that.

Sorry to revive, admins - I didn't realize it had been replied to.