PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Campaign

Endless
10-24-2013, 10:34 PM
So Sony released a video to hit you right in the feels to prepare the launch of the PS4:

wZkMdi3XBhw

I say it hits home and is well executed. Still won't make me buy one because money is a bit short so I'll wait until there's more game choice and possibly a price drop. What about you people?

And about the video : did you recognize all the games/tunes/voices?

Edit: behind the scenes vid
T_PLA-ygjlk

NeoCracker
10-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Sony has had some fucking awesome advertisements so far, though I'm wondering if we shall see the return of Kevin Butler in all this. I loved that guy. :p

Slothy
10-24-2013, 10:54 PM
If this made me realize anything it's that I really miss the startup screen from the original Playstation. That sound is absolutely iconic.

Bolivar
10-25-2013, 12:08 AM
It's probably the best game advertisement I've seen in a long, long time, makes you really inspired to continue the tradition. The dude looks like he's about to burst into tears when he finally hands him the PS4 controller at the end!

It really put me back in that mindset, even though I was just a little kid scouring my step-mom's house for CDs to unlock more monsters in Monster Rancher and trying to hit 720s and 900s in Cool Boarders 2. I LOLed that they put fake Sephiroth voice acting in the vid, but obviously that was a big part of it for me, too. What I liked most was how this brought it back to those early EARLY PS1 games, because it was such a revolutionary time in gaming (and life).

Scotty_ffgamer
10-25-2013, 12:50 AM
This ad is fantastic. I wish we would see more worthwhile ads like this so that ads wouldn't be so unbearable at times.

Also, I miss playing Monster Rancher 2 on the PS1. One of my favorite games. I would always have my sister bring it home from Babbages when she worked there until the game was sold and she couldn't bring it home anymore.

Aulayna
10-25-2013, 01:17 AM
I love this advert. Right down to the little details such as the changing pizza boxes and the red arrows flypast of 2012. It hits every mark and is simply genius.

Hollycat
10-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Just got home with a Dualshock 4. Too bad I have to wait three more weeks to use it. So excited.

I actually dislike this ad. I felt it focused far too much on the people instead of the games.

Rocket Edge
10-25-2013, 03:28 AM
The best thing about this ad is that it takes into consideration it's pasts generation, and visualizing what it mean't to many people over the years. It's fantastically done.

Aulayna
10-25-2013, 03:32 AM
I actually dislike this ad. I felt it focused far too much on the people instead of the games.

I think you missed the point of it, being titled "for the players." :p

black orb
10-25-2013, 05:20 AM
>>> Moral of the story: if you play too much Playstation you will be stuck in the same stinky room for all your life.
IMPORTANT: the girlfriend is not guaranteed.

It actually happened to me..lol :luca:

Jiro
10-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Yeah this is my favourite gaming ad ever made. The fucking sounds hit me like a big ol' nostalgia truck, and when that dude tears up as he gets the PS4 controller, I teared up and I'm doing it now just thinking about the feels man. Fucking ace work, Sony. That's how you win your fans back.

Mirage
10-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Win your fans back? I thought most people came back already :p.

Pretty feely ad, although a decent chunk of the cultural references didn't apply for me.

Psychotic
10-25-2013, 08:00 PM
I have discovered all you really need to do is play that original PS1 noise. God damn does that thing ever send shivers up my spine. Alright alright Sony, I was going to "come home" this generation anyway, no need for this sort of nostalgia-based emotional blackmail :colbert:

Still, I don't get the reactions in this thread. It was alright but my mind isn't blown.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-25-2013, 09:14 PM
I wish they would play that original PS1 start up screen whenever you would play PS1 games on the PS3.

It's not a mind blowing ad, but it's still good and nostalgia filled.

Slothy
10-25-2013, 09:57 PM
That PSX start up screen really was spectacular.

One of my fondest memories (despite it not being my favourite game) if of starting up a Playstation for the first time and having that start up screen, followed immediately by me starting up FFVII. It just doesn't feel right to go into that opening cinematic without the PSX screen before it. Maybe I'll go and buy myself an original PSX again just to get that screen back.

Scotty_ffgamer
10-25-2013, 10:31 PM
I let a friend borrow my PS1 after I got a PS2 so he could play through FF VII. I've never seen it since. I should have known better considering the reason he borrowed was because his PS1 stopped working thanks to his brothers. His system looked awesome, though. He hand painted the Sephiroth in the fire season onto it.