PDA

View Full Version : Captain America - The Winter Soldier trailer!

Night Fury
10-25-2013, 08:49 AM
I was pretty disappointed with the first Captain America film, but I loved him in Avengers.

I hope the sequel is better than the first film!

What do you guys think?

NLWsK1ZFunA

I think there's so much potential in the Cap as a character. I'm also glad that Black Widow will be in this, as I love her!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-25-2013, 11:05 PM
The trailer looked pretty good. I'll end up watching it.

You know, at first I didn't like the idea of having Captain America or Thor movies because I figured they were created for the sole purpose of getting some star power behind the (at the time) upcoming Avengers movie. But I'd be lying if I said the films haven't grown on me. I'm looking forward to seeing this and the new Thor.

I originally didn't like the idea of Chris Evans playing Captain America. He's a good actor, but I knew it would rule out having the recent Fantastic 4 members in the avengers as he played Johnny Storm. He's grown on me so in hindsight I guess it wasn't a bad casting idea after all.

Chris
10-25-2013, 11:20 PM
what!!!! The first movie was great ;((

I'm pretty excited. D:

Slothy
10-25-2013, 11:24 PM
He's a good actor, but I knew it would rule out having the recent Fantastic 4 members in the avengers as he played Johnny Storm. He's grown on me so in hindsight I guess it wasn't a bad casting idea after all.

That was kind of out already since Fox has the rights to make Fantastic Four movies and it doesn't look like Marel will get them back any time soon.

Looks awesome. I've loved all of the Marvel films to some degree so far, and I greatly look forward to seeing a man from the 40's trying to cope with the modern day on the big screen.

Freya
10-26-2013, 01:50 AM
Eh the first movie was okay. I prefer Thor over Captain.

I'm not versed in Captain lore.Who's the bad guy?

Slothy
10-26-2013, 02:11 AM
The Winter Soldier.

But telling you who that is would qualify as a spoiler.

CimminyCricket
10-26-2013, 05:19 AM
it would be a major spoiler that would ruin the entire story for you.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-26-2013, 05:40 AM
I've heard that out of all the Marvel movies that have been coming out in recent years that the first Captain America movie was the closest one to being a faithful adaption of its comic counterpart, apart from what happened with the Bucky character.

Can anyone vouch for that?

Elskidor
10-26-2013, 07:55 AM
Not I. I was always a X-MEN geek, and never crossed paths with Cap unless it was in a crossover story arc. I thought the first Captain America movie was great...same as Thor.

Depression Moon
10-27-2013, 04:54 PM
I'll definitely be seeing this. The trailer has got me hyped.

Slothy
10-27-2013, 05:26 PM
I've heard that out of all the Marvel movies that have been coming out in recent years that the first Captain America movie was the closest one to being a faithful adaption of its comic counterpart, apart from what happened with the Bucky character.

Can anyone vouch for that?

Pretty much. Bucky died differently, Cap got frozen under slightly different circumstances, and papa Stark wasn't involved in the comics, but it certainly captured the overall spirit of Cap's origins very well.

Del Murder
10-27-2013, 08:23 PM
Did they add ScarJo because there was a lack of faith in Evans carrying a whole movie?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-27-2013, 09:35 PM
I think it's just so they can keep people excited about her without having to make a Black Widow movie. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hawkeye popping up somewhere before the inevitable Avengers 2.

Slothy
10-27-2013, 09:38 PM
This upcoming movie is going to draw a decent amount from Ed Brubakers run on Captain America and Cap's role as a SHIELD agent. Both had him regularly partnered up with Black Widow and Falcon.

noxious.sunshine
10-28-2013, 09:23 PM
I keep seeing this and thinking "Captain Planet Movie!? WHAT!?"

And then I see it's just Capn America and then I feel very sad.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
10-29-2013, 12:35 AM
I am so freaking excited :kakapo:

Seriously

Night Fury
10-29-2013, 04:13 AM
I am glad Black Widow is in it, but they better not make her all lovey dovey for the cap. She belongs with Hawkeye! D:

Mercen-X
10-30-2013, 07:34 AM
I'm planning to see The Dark World. The trailer impressed me. I don't feel the same way about this trailer. Partially because I can already see a bit of want in the special effects, partly because I don't much like the look of WS as a character. I know who he is but I feel about this movie the same way I felt about the first. Didn't see it, didn't want to, at least not in theater. Definitely will be buying the DVD, but that's mostly for hoarder's purposes.

Shiny
11-03-2013, 01:32 AM
The first one was horrible, but the sequel looks promising. I know very little about the Captain America comics, but I am guessing since Sebastian Stan is in this that he will be The Winter Soldier.

Slothy
11-03-2013, 01:59 AM
Sorry Shiny, but I had to spoiler that because it kind of gives away an important plot point for those who may not know about all of the casting details and the comic history. Read at your own peril.

Shaibana
11-05-2013, 04:21 PM
i know they cant return in time after the avengers, but Captain America in 2014 just does not feel right.. he belongs in 1940 xD

either way i am looking forward to this!